I decided to blog about my beauty boxes and finds. I certainly love makeup and new products and thought this might be fun to do and to share with my friends. I work full time outside of the home as a programmer/analyst.
I have been honored to have be selected and write reviews for and at
- MiniB Beauty – Beauty Creator
- Amabie– Reviewer
- Memebox – Memebox Ambassador
- W2Beauty – Reviewer (coming soon!)
I have oily skin that can be prone to acne, but aging concerns as I am gettin’ old ~ hyper-pigmentation: damage from both sun and blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles. I have fine, straight, oily hair but lots of it, green eyes with hooded lids, medium-light neutral/warm tone. I wear Mac NW20 and Jouer Nude for comparison. My biggest concerns are fine lines and crepey skin under my eyes, blemishes on my nose and chin and old sun damage hyper-pigmentation spots.
I hope you will enjoy my finds and reviews – please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts and your favorite items too 😀
Looking for some older blog posts I wrote? I am starting to archive my older blog posts, to make room for new ones! My sister site is Unboxing Beauty Archive and currently contains the following blog posts
- August 2013 to January 2014
Frequently Updated Blogposts
I have some blogs that I update as I find out more information, so I am posting those links here for a handy reference
I am not paid to write reviews and I purchase all of the items that I review and use, unless otherwise noted. The opinions here are my own and what may work for me may not work for you!
Type of Blog Posts
You will never see me label a blog post a “review” on a foil sample. Unless I have 50 of these foils and use them as a product over a course of days and weeks, not one time, that isn’t a review. That is what I consider an unboxing.
- Unboxings ~ these are blog posts that I do an unboxing of a subscription box or a haul. I may include swatches, texture, color, scent, ingredients and any “adverts” with additional information It is not a review, but just an informational blog post to introduce you to a product. Those products may turn up in an initial impression or product testing review. Unboxings is how my blog began, hence the name of my blog 🙂
- Product Testing ~ I usually try to do these for extended periods of time ~ from 4 to 8 weeks and I will have multiple items in my PT blog post. I want to show how all of these products worked together and I carefully select the products before hand and introduce them slowly into my skincare routine, as to troubleshoot issues (if any). At times, if a product is exceptional, I will have a blog post devoted to it.
- Sponsored Reviews ~ on occasions, I may get a product for free and will do a review on that product. Depending on the type of product, it could fall into any of these categories: InstaReview, Initial Impressions, Product Testing. I will always disclose when I get a product free for review and I will always be honest in my review. Just because I received it free, doesn’t mean I will give it a glowing review if it doesn’t deserve one. Currently, some of the e-tailers and brands who have generously supplied me with products for review are (in alpha order): 107 OneOSeven, BBCosmetics, Beautibi, Jolse, Memebox, Q-Depot, RoseRoseShop, Swanicoco and W2Beauty. I also am in Brandbacker and Tomoson network, where bloggers can get opportunities to review products.
Want to know what I am currently testing or will test? Check out my “On-Deck Circle” page ~ I will keep it updated regularly.
Some of my readers ask me why I rarely give a negative in-depth review. Writing reviews are very time consuming and I would rather spend the time testing and writing reviews on products that work for me, not ones that were abysmal failures. If a product is really really (and I mean really) bad, I might write up a review to warn others, but since testing products usually mean I have to commit to a month long process (at least), I would never stay that long with a product that doesn’t work for me.
I use a lot of products but I don’t write up reviews on every one of them. It is more enjoyable for me to write about a product that was wonderful to use or that I think is interesting (horse oil, bird poop mask) than to spend hours over a crappy product. Like you, I read other opinions on products to help form a better idea of how a product worked overall. That said, you can find blog posts here where I rant negatively about a product!
I do use affiliate and referral links and make a small commission when you use my links. It is greatly appreciated if you do click them on as any monies that I receive from my commissions are put back into my blog, upkeep, fees, reviews and giveaways!!
If you are looking to send me sample boxes or items for my honest review, I will be happy to accept! Please use the contact form below.
All images and written content, unless indicated otherwise, belong to beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com. You may not use any content, written or images, for commercial purposes unless you have obtained written permission from the owner of beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com
For non-commercial and personal purposes, you may use excerpts up to 10% of each individual post with clear attribution to beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com and link to beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com. This includes both written and images and you do not need to seek permission for personal use ~ but you must clearly credit beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com
The owner of beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com will reserve the right to seek the appropriate legal action against individuals and entities who infringe on beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com copyright policy.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, I will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. I do not accept paid advertising, only affiliate or referral links, which is driven by my viewers. I use any affiliate/referral monies to support my blog and purchase products for reviewing and giveaways. All giveaways are hosted by me unless contest is specifically marked as sponsored by.
I can be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics, as in free products. Even though I might receive compensation for my posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org