For the next several weeks, I will be reviewing several different types of Vitamin C serums and Hyaluronic Acid serums. I have done past reviews on these types of products recently and in case you are wondering why I have so many…here’s why. I belong to the Tomoson network, and they connect bloggers and businesses together to review products. I have had good luck in being accepted in several campaigns and I pick ones that are of interest to me. As I just started derma-rolling, my interest in Vitamin C, Hyaluronic and Retinol serums has increased, because it is very important to use good products on your face after you derma roll.
I received OZ Naturals Retinol Serum in return for my honest and unbiased review from Tomoson. Retinol, which is a Vitamin A derivative, is extremely important if you have anti-aging concerns and also acne issues, which I do have both. People mistakenly think that if you are getting older, acne is not an issue. Nope, sorry, that isn’t the case! Retinol helps reduce and diminish fine lines and wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, which includes both age spots and sun damage, reduces and heals scarring. It also clears up acne.
- The only Retinol serum with ASTAXANTHIN is proven to minimize hyperpigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles and greatly improve texture and tone. This is a proven formulation of ingredeints guaranteed to be an extremely effective anti-aging skin correcting serum.
- Clinical Strenght 2.5% retinol serum is the highest concentration of retinol available without a prescription, and includes Astaxanthin and Vitamin E, which provide unmatched antioxidant properties and activate collagen and elastin production.
- This Retinol Serum is an anti-aging Powerhouse proven to rejuvenate your skin via a synergistic and unique blend of active ingredients that will leave your skin healthier and appear more radiant and youthful looking.
- Cruelty free 72% Organic retinol serum does not contain alcohol, parabens or sulfates and is safe for all skin types.
- Made in the USA in a state of the art FDA registered facility – OZ Naturals formulates the most effective anti-aging products on the market – OZ Naturals products work & they work extremely well – We guarantee you’ll get results!
Oz Naturals Retinol Serum contains 2.5% Retinol, which is at clinical strength and the highest percentage you can get over the counter. It also contains astaxanthin and Vitamin E. I’ve discussed Retinol in my other reviews, and I will repeat some of that information here as well, as it does pertain to this product.
As we age, we naturally will develop fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, hyper-pigmentation and other signs of skin aging. Retinol (Vitamin A) is an ingredients that can “talk” to your cells and remind them to be healthy. Seriously, this is called a “cell communication” ingredient: Cell-communicating ingredients, theoretically, have the ability to tell a skin cell to look, act, and behave better, more like a normal healthy skin cell would, or to stop other substances from telling the cell to behave badly or abnormally. They do this by either direct communication with the skin cell or by blocking damaging cellular pathways or other cell-communicating substances. Cell-communicating ingredients complement antioxidants to improve skin-cell function. (source)
Retinol also is an antioxidant and can inhibit free radical damage and also repair damaged and aging skin cells by increasing the production of collagen. Retinol is also good at preventing acne and improving sun damage problems, such as hyper-pigmentation and wrinkles. When absorbed into the skin, it turns into retinoic acid, which then affects your skin cells and how they will behave.
OZ Naturals claims that its Retinol Serum
- Proven to correct hyper-pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles
- Activates Collagen and elastin to improve skin tone and texture
- Super-charged wrinkle repair and collagen booster
OZ Naturals Retinol Serum comes in a dark bottle with a pump applicator, which I do appreciate, as sometimes those eye dropper applicators can be slippery in the morning ~ as I am putting on other serums, toners, ampoules, my hands get slippery. It actually is a peach colored serum gel type and has no strong scent, just a hint of herbal botanicals. This serum absorbs quickly into my skin as I massage it in and then tap my skin for full absorbance.
The peach color is most likely from the astaxanthin and wheat germ oil, as the former is naturally red pigment found in shrimp, salmon, and some algae, just to name a few items. Astaxanthin is a carotenoid which is a kissing cousin to carotenes (carrots, tomatoes) and it also shares the same antioxidant and UV properties, but caratenoids seem to be more beneficial than carotenes. Astaxanthin is also more effective than Vitamin E in its anti-aging properties as well. Wheat Germ oil is a yellowish or reddish oil.
My skin is very hydrated and as serums are designed to penetrate deeply into my dermal layers, I need to follow up with a moisturizer to lock in the nutrients and also provide a moisture barrier. As this is Retinol, I always follow up with a SPF product, as your skin might become sensitive to UV light and could result in a negative effect, such as hyper-pigmentation.
This product also contains a few more good ingredients worthy of note
- Hyaluronic Acid ~ locks in moisture and creates cell “plumpness”
- Organic Jojoba Oil ~ a natural emollient that has a similar structure to your own sebum allows this oil to absorb easily into your skin
- Vitamin E ~ The antioxidants of all antioxidants ~ prevents free radical formation, protects the upper skin layer from initial harmful UV radiation and prevents the deterioration of fats in your cell membranes.
- Green Tea Extract ~ Green Tea contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties, as well as the ability to prevent collagen breakdown and reduces UV sun damage to your skin.
- Propolis ~ this resinous material gathered by honeybee, mixed with their enzymes, is a powerful antiseptic, anti-microbial and anti-fungal, as well as antioxidant, preventing cell damage
- Witch Hazel ~ an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial (soothes and heals the skin), astringent (due to the large quantity of tannins), and locks in moisture to your skin
- Centella Asiatica ~ a herbal ingredient with healing properties, provides a moisture barrier and collagen support.
- Triticum Vulgare (wheat germ oil) ~ a skin conditioner, full of Vitamin E, which is beneficial to your skin
This product does not contain Vitamin C, so I do not mind that it has sodium benzoate, which is only controversial if the product list specifically contained Vitamin C.
Ingredients: deinonized aqua (water), organic aloe barbadeniss leaf (aloe), cassia angustifolia seed polysacchardie (botanical hyaluronic acid), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), pentylene glycol, phospholipids, retinol, polysorbate 20, potassium phosphate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil), triticum vulgare (wheat germ oil), astaxanthin, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), organic camellia sinensis (green tea), wildcrafted resina propoli (propolis), organic centella asiatica (gotu kola extract),organic equisetum arvense (horsetail extract), organic taraxacum officinale (dandelion) extract, organic geranium maculatum (wild geranium) extract, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethyl hexyl glycerin cosDNA.com analysis
OZ Naturals has a 30 day 100% money back guarantee if you are not happy with your purchase. This product is made in the USA. OZ Naturals Retinol Serum retails at amazon.com for $24.99 for a 1 oz bottle.
OZ Naturals has promos you can use on Amazon.com so you can save up to $15.00 off your order.
- Purchase Any 3 OZ Naturals product and get $5.00 off your entire purchase! Enter code KO6V8QFJ at checkout.
- Purchase Any 4 OZ Naturals product and get $6.25 off your entire purchase! Enter code ANVHSH55 at checkout.
- Purchase Any 5 OZ Naturals product and get $7.50 off your entire purchase! Enter code NTXCEA5H at checkout.
- Purchase Any 6 OZ Naturals product and get $8.75 off your entire purchase! Enter code BJ3T376K at checkout.
- Purchase Any 7 OZ Naturals product and get $10.00 off your entire purchase! Enter code MASEF2OC at checkout.
- Purchase Any 8 OZ Naturals product and get $11.25 off your entire purchase! Enter code UOLO5SQU at checkout.
- Purchase Any 9 OZ Naturals product and get $13.00 off your entire purchase! Enter code HBGOU86T at checkout.
- Purchase Any 10 OZ Naturals product and get $15.00 off your entire purchase! Enter code 2GKLCECT at checkout
Read more about how to use these codes here
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.