[ Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are my own and unbiased. Contains affiliate links ]
Several weeks ago, Q-Depot sent me a huge package from J:Dew, a Korean skincare company that uses Jeju Island ingredients: the full line of J:Dew Green Moist series, Green Clarity Cleansing series and Green Delight Body care series, which I am reviewing today.
J:Dew’s parent company, J’ERS, was created as a premium brand to represent Jeju and means “People who love Jeju Island“. J’ERS symbolizes Jeju’s six resources: nature, tourism, traditional culture, dreams, globalization and people and they produce premium products that will remind people of what is best loved about Jeju Island. All the products from J:Dew line are free from parabens, mineral oil, animal sourced ingredients, artificial fragrance, artificial coloring and benzophenone.
J:Dew Green Delight Body Care
Q-Depot sells J:Dew Green Delight in a body care set that contains a body wash and body lotion, along with a body pouf to use with the wash-gel. I love the box this comes in ~ It has Jeju tangerines and blossoms, carrots, argan and shea butter plants designed on it.
Organic carrots and tangerine blossoms grown in the cleanest island, Jeju, have been added into Green Delight. The most refreshing, pleasant ingredients in Green Delight would embrace your body with sweet, lovely scent, while making your skin moist and silky smooth. A line of body products, made with refreshing, clean natural ingredients
- Citrus Unshiu Flower Water is an herbal skin remedy and is soothing, toning, hydrating and has anti-bacterial properties.
- Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) is full of antioxidant beta carotene and is used in many anti-aging skincare products ~ helping to rejuvenate, heal while soothing and relaxing to your skin.
- Black Raspberry (rubus coreanus) is a traditional Asian herbal medicine ingredient that is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient, high in anthocyanins that contain 150 flavonoids. Anthocyanins help protect your connective tissue from being damaged by enzymes and they also repair damage. It helps fight free radicals, while soothing and conditioning your skin.
- Fruit Oils of Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot), Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) ~ all contribute to the lovely spa-like scent. Lavandula Hybrida is a hybrid from lavandula angustifolia (French lavender) and lavender spike (lavandula latifolia) and therefore, these products smell less floral and more herbaceous ~ and I love that! These oils aren’t just smelling pretty, they have antioxidant, astringent, antiseptic and antibacterial properties as well as soothing and relaxing.
- Jojoba Oil (simmondsia chinensis) Seed Oil comes from the Jojoba shrub, which is native to southwestern USA and northern Mexico. It helps skin cells attract and keep moisturize and it helps penetrate your skin easily, aiding in your skin’s increased flexibility and elasticity.
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil is a lightweight oil that has a high concentration of Vitamin E and it is known for its hydrating and moisturizing properties and it contains omaga-6 fatty acids.
- Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil is commonly called “liquid gold” and is extracted from the kernels of the native Moroccan argan tree. It is chock full of nutrients, such as fatty acids and vitamin E. Its antioxidant properties help restore skin elasticity, leaving your skin feeling softer and plumper. It is not greasy, helping balance your skin by adding natural moisture. It helps heal the damaged skin cells and it also reduces inflammation.
- Aloe Barbadensis soothes, treats inflammation, helps speed up skin healing and also has a plethora of antioxidants ~ beta-carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which help improve your skin’s firmness and keeps your skin moist and hydrated.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter protects and repairs your skin, while deeply nourishing and moisturizing.
My takeaway with all of these common ingredients is that J:Dew is providing a body care kit that focuses on hydration, moisturizing and great scents!
Green Delight Body Wash I was a bit afraid that this carrot orange gel would smell like carrots, but it actually is J:Dew’s signature scent of lavender and bergamot. However, unlike some of their other products, this is not strongly scented, so I was a bit disappointed. It is lightly scented, so that might make this a great family body wash, as it is not “floral” or too girlie in its scent.
The gel does not show up as orange when pumped out of the huge 300 mL bottle and it has a good weight to it ~ it isn’t runny but it isn’t overly thick. I used a pouf to help lather this gel up and it does have great foaming ability!
This gel cleanser has some great hydrating ingredients in aloe vera, glycerin, hyaluronic acid along with moisturizing nut butters and seed oil ~ shea butter, argan, sunflower and jojoba. It also has a a couple of ingredients that I have not really seen before (or paid attention to..)
- Sodium Arganamphoacetate is derived from argan oil and produces a creamy foam while being a PEG-free cleanser.
- Sodium Sheabutteramphoacetate comes from the triglycerides of shea oils and butters, contain both the nutrient and emollient properties of shea butter. It is a surfactant and is mild, will not cause irritation, preservative-free and is moisturizing, while having good cleansing power. Research from Cosmetics Special Chem
This is also full of essential oils: bergamot, lavandula hybrida ~ which is a more potent scented lavender ~ lemon and orange, which help contribute to the uplifting scent. which This also does not contain artificial fragrances, artificial colors, silicons and parabens. This gel cleanser does not leave my skin feeling stripped or dry and it is a refreshing scent.
Ingredients: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Potassium,Cocoyl Glycinate, Cocamide DEA, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium Arganamphoacetate, Sodium Sheabutteramphoacetate, Betaine, Citrus Unshiu Flower Water, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rubus Coreanus Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Polyquarternium-10, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium EDTA cosDNA.com analysis
Green Delight Body Lotion Now, this is more like it! This body lotion has a much more stronger scent than the body wash, but it is not overpowering. Bergamot is a very interesting scent ~ it is used in both women and men scent products and is quite unisex ~ the lavender in this lotion is not floral but more herbal in its scent, so just like the body wash, this product can be used by women and men. I can also smell more of the citrusy lemon scent in here as well.
That one pump of lotion covers both arms for me with no issues ~ the lotion is not too thick and not too thin ~ it won’t drip on your skin and it spreads easily and absorbs quickly. My skin has a nice sheen to it after it is absorbed, without feeling greasy or sticky. I love using this on my legs as it gives my legs a nice gloss that looks nice when I am wearing skirts. This lotion increases the moisture level on my skin by 32%, which is fantastic in the summer ~ not too much to be sticky or greasy, but more than enough to hydrate.
Just like the body gel, this is full of good hydrating and moisturizing ingredients: shea butter, argan oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, sea buckthorn, aloe vera, glycerin and hyaluronic acid. It looks like the oils are organic and this also has vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant. This is free of artificial fragrances, artificial coloring, mineral oil, silicon and parabens. Full Size 300 mL
Ingredients: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter,Betaine, Citrus Unshiu Flower Water, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Xanthan Gum, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Rubus Coreanus Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dehydroacetic Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Disodium EDTA cosDNA.com analysis
I am pretty happy with these two herbaceous scented products ~ I am in love with J:Dew’s signature scent and I can see why so many people who have tried these products love them too. I wish I had a scratch ‘n sniff app for you to try so you could smell this amazing product yourself. Have you tried J:Dew products before? What did you think of them? You can purchase this set for $28.99 USD at Q-Depot (click here) and it will include the wash, lotion and a pouf, all in a lovely gift box.
Q-Depot, for those who may not know, is an online Korean cosmetic store that has over 15,000 Korean skincare and Korean makeup products with over 25 famous brands, such as Banila, Etude House, Hera, Skinfood, The Face Shop, History of Woo, Tonymoly, Innisfree, Missha, IOPE and many more. Q-Depot has free international shipping with any orders $49.00 or more and you will get free samples with every order as well.
If you register with Q-Depot, you will receive $25.00 USD coupons to use at their store ~ You can always check what coupons and promos you have with Q-Depot by using the Coupons Page (you must log into your account). If you are socially conscious, another reason to shop with them is that 3% of their net profit will be donated to social causes, as social responsibility is one of their core values. They also are the only shop that I am aware of that has a section dedicated to products that are cruelty free, and you can save 7% off when you purchase from their Cruelty Free section ~ use promo code GoCF7off
[ product was complementary from Q-Depot. All opinions are my own and unbiased ]
[ blog post contains affiliate links ]