disclosure: products received in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. blog post contains affiliate links
I am a Memebox Ambassador, which means that Memebox will send me, from time to time, some new products or items that I might be interested in to review for my readers. One of my favorite mask lines offered by Memebox is the Bonvivant Botanical Mask Pack Soothing & Hydrating Aloe
Bonvivant has been busy creating new product lines and Memebox has been busy sending me some of them! The latest creation is their Botanical Mask Packs, using SuperFood ingredients. I received all 6 masks and Memebox sent me 2 of each, so I could try them out more than one. All of these mini reviews were posted at my IG account first.
The Bonvivant 100% Botanical Mask line boasts au naturale sheets crafted with 100% Eucalyptus-derived elements that gently adhere to the skin without any irritation. They’re enriched with a top-notch blend of oriental fruit extracts like Mulberry, Fig, Pomegranate, and Gingko Nut that naturally protect and revitalize skin. This refreshing line comes in 6 concentrated superfood essences, each with its own unique benefit that caters to specific skin concerns.
The mask sheet material is made with the natural fibers from eucalyptus and according to the very rough translation that I gleaned from Memebox Korea, the production of this mask material is eco-friendly that is biodegradable and is very environmentally friendly. The sheet mask material will hold the moisturizing essence and will enable you to wear the mask for extended periods of time and will closely adhere to your skin.
Each SuperFood mask has specific ingredients to target skin concerns ~ however, all of these SuperFood masks contain the following ingredients to help with restoring vitality to your skin.
- Allantoin moisturizes, exfoliates and softens skin, making it look smooth and refined, while reducing and relieving irritation.
- Panthenol helps cellular renewal and is an effective moisturizer. It is derived from plants and this ingredient comes from Vitamin B5. Panthenol is a natural humectant, which retains moisture and hydrates the skin. It also is a good lubricant on the skin, making skin look soft and smooth. It is also an anti-inflammatory
- Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) contains female hormones ~ estrogen and estradiol and as women age, those hormones are decreased and our collagen production is reduced. Pomegranate is a fantastic anti-aging ingredient as it helps supply those hormones, therefore stimulating collagen products, making skin firm and vibrant. Pomegranate also contains Vitamin C, which is a great anti-oxidant ingredient and has a brightening effect
- Ficus Carica (Fig) have a high mucilage (a polysaccharide found in plants which store moisture) content, helping trap water in your skin, keeping it hydrated. As an emollient, fig extracts also help soften and smooth your skin.
- Morus Alba (Mulberry) is a brightening ingredient and will help prevent hyper-pigmentation as it suppresses the melanin producing enzyme tyrosinase
- Ginkgo Biloba is an anti-inflammatory and will reduce redness, helps control oil, is an antioxidant that will help boost collagen production.
- Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) is packed with Vitamin C, it helps to cleanse and clear oily skin, while fighting blemishes and toning skin and tissues.
Bonvivant Botanical Pure Mask Pack Chamomile & Tea Tree This is the first of 6 Bonvivant masks I will be trying out, courtesy of Memebox This mask will help minimize pores, remove dead skin cells as it contains AHA’s and the chamomile will calm and soothe your skin, reducing redness. All of these masks are made from 100% eucalyptus fiber. This line is their SuperFood line of masks, and they all enriched with fruit extracts of mulberry, fig, pomegranate and ginko nut as well citrus extracts. This didn’t have much of a scent and the mask is soaked with essence, but there isn’t a lot left over in the package. The fit is really good too and easy to apply. It is also very cooling and refreshing on my face. After 20 minutes, I removed the mask ~ my face was very wet with the essence and I patted it into my skin ~ it isn’t sticky, but I can feel that it is a very moisturizing essence. I didn’t notice any reduction on my pores, but my face did look less red (from the sun and blemishes) and it was very hydrating.
- Chamomile can calm down and soothe skin and relieve redness effectively.
- Tea Tree is known for its topical antiseptic and anti-fungal properties and help target and treat blemish-prone skin. It also reduces oil and sebum production on your skin, while not disrupting the moisture level.
- Pyrus Malus (apple) is an AHA and is a vitamin-rich, anti-aging ingredient that contains antioxidants, promote cell health, moisturizes and helps heal sun-damaged skin
Description: The Chamomile + Tea Tree sheet mask cleans and tightens pores, thanks to Tea Tree Extract that minimizes the appearance of enlarged pores and AHA that exfoliates dead skin cells. Chamomile Extract also calms and soothes the skin, leaving it so fresh and so clean.
Ingredients: Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Allantoin, Panthenol, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Botanical Pure Mask Pack Niacinamide + Lime I actually think this mask is better for oil control than the Chamomile + Tea Tree version! This has that open mesh weave that is typical in a fiber mask and it is also soaked in essence (again, I couldn’t smell anything ~ if there was a scent, it was very light). The essence is colorless and the mask looks translucent when I put it on, but when it dries down, it will turn white. The fit of the mask is fairly decent and my only complaint is that the area around the nose and mouth could have more coverage ~ I find that the skin between my nose and upper lip seems to be bare nekkid when I use the Bonvivant mask. Left on for 20 minutes and when I removed the mask, the essence was still on my skin, but it was completely absorbed with a few taps on my face with my fingertips. My face does look brighter, thanks to the niacinamide and the vitamin C in the lime extracts. My pores look tighter and smaller, while my face doesn’t feel oily or greasy ~ this is due to the astringent properties of lime. I like this one a lot! Anything with niacinamide and citrus always gets my attention and I am glad that I got to try this mask out as I do believe it is an oil and pore control mask in the 6 SuperFood Bonvivant series, even though it is not marketed as such.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) is a powerful antioxidant that acts as an anti-inflammatory, improves your skin elasticity, enhance the skin barrier function and also it helps to even out skin tone and reduce post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
- Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) is an astringent, closes pores and the acidity of the lime also kills bacteria, hence reducing blemishes and helping them heal. Lime is rich in Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that combats free radicals to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and will help reduce hyper-pigmentation, due to faster cellular renewal.
Description: The Niacinamide + Lime mask restores dull, problematic skin. Lime Extract revitalizes and purifies with its rich dose of Vitamin C, while Niacinamide brightens skin. The result is re-energized skin and a radiant complexion.
Ingredients: Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum , Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Allantoin, Panthenol, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Bonvivant Botanical Pure Mask Pack Collagen + Olive Ahh, collagen masks ~ they are dicey for me. Most of them are totally inappropriate for my oily skin. This mask is slightly different from the first two I used (chamomile+tea tree, niacinamide+lime) ~ this has a milky white colored serum, a bit thicker than the other essences. It also has a really pleasant sweet scent ~ it reminds me of a meadow of wildflowers. This mask is for dry and dehydrated skin, so I wasn’t surprised after I removed it that my face was VERY moisturized to the point of oiliness. I could feel the slickness of the essence on my face and it left a film due to the collagen. This left my face feeling soft and smooth, but greasy, so I did wash off the essence as I don’t want to wake up with blemishes. This isn’t one that I like ~ I feel it is too much for me in the hot humid summer months. If you have dry skin, I am sure your skin will soak up the excess essence, but for me, it just sat on my face. Perhaps it will be better in the cooler, drier winter months for me. I did love the scent!
- Collagen deeply moisturizes the skin.
- Olive is known for its moisturizing and long lasting hydrating properties.
Description: The Collagen + Olive sheet mask restores dehydrated, tired, and aging skin. Olive Extract delivers Vitamin E deep into skin layers, preventing moisture loss, while Collagen strengthens and nourishes skin, boosting its elasticity and youthfulness.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Bonvivant Botanical Pure Mask Pack Sodium Hyaluronate + Lotus After using the way-too-rich for my skin type collagen + olive mask from Bonvivant, I went with a lightweight but hydrating mask ~ their sodium hyaluronate & lotus version. The essence in this mask is colorless and thin and doesn’t have a scent that I can detect (then again, I was sick this morning, so I couldn’t smell anything. that is why there isn’t a selfie as I really wasn’t up to it..) Sodium hyaluronate and glycerin will deeply moisturize and hydrate your skin without leaving an oily or greasy feeling, while lotus extracts clarifies skin and is anti-aging ingredient. Lotus extracts smooth and soften your skin. Bonvivant masks are very wet masks and I can leave them on for about 30 minutes, without them drying out completely. When I removed this mask, I found that my face felt very hydrated and smooth, without any slick or tacky residue. If you are looking for a solid moisturizing and hydrating mask, this one will do the job!
- Sodium Hyaluronate is an intensive moisturizing ingredient which bonds water to keep skin hydrated. It is a natural substance found in the human body and it made up of amino and uronic acids, and helps retain 100 to 1,000 times its own water weight in our skin cells.
- Lotus moisturizes, promotes circulation and will help clarify and soften your skin.
Description: The Sodium Hyaluronate + Lotus mask restores tired and dry skin. Lotus Extract moisturizes and protects skin from damaging environmental factors, while Sodium Hyaluronate delivers intense hydratation. The result is re-energized, healthy, and dewy skin.
Ingredients: Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Allantoin, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance cosDNA analysis
Bonvivant Botanical Pure Mask Pack Madecassoside + Mugwort What is madecassoside? No, it isn’t you making a casserole side dish. Madecassoside, also known as madecassic acid, is derived from centella asiatica ~ now that is an ingredient which I think we all are familiar with! Madecassic acid is extracted from the stems and leaves and it helps soothe, reduce redness and inflammation and helps heal your skin. It also stimulates collagen production and strengthens your skin barrier. This mask has a sweet scent to it, very light and it is a nice scent ~ the essence in this mask is thin. This is a very deeply moisturizing mask, but unlike the Collagen + Olive mask, it has some ingredients that are enjoyed by oily skin types, such as madecassoside and mugwort and it is quite refreshing on my skin. I was able to leave this mask on for over 40 minutes, as it is so moisturizing and it took a while for the essence to soak into my skin. When I removed the mask, my skin was still wet with the essence but it was not tacky ~ it did have a slick feeling to it, but once my skin absorbed the essence, what was left was smooth and baby soft skin. This was a night time mask for me so when I woke up, I looked for any new blemishes ~ I always do that with really moisturizing masks. None!! The ingredients in this mask worked really well for oily and blemish prone skin, even though it was deeply moisturizing. This is a mask that will be really great in the winter months too, as it helps heal your chapped skin from the winter cold and winds.
- Mugwort (Artemisia Princeps) is full of anti-aging vitamins ~A, B1, B2 and C ~ as well as proteins. It helps with collagen production and is an anti-inflammatory.
Description: The Madecassoside + Mugwort sheet mask restores stressed and sensitive skin. Mugwort tightens and relieves while Madecassoside Extract soothes and protects, leaving your skin more elastic, healthier, and firmer.
Ingredients: Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Allantoin, Panthenol, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Madecassoside, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Bonvivant Botanical Pure Mask Pack Adenosine + Acai Similar to the Madecassoside + Mugwort , the essence in this mask smells lightly sweet, but unlike Madecassoside + Mugwort, the essence is a thin-milky white essence like the Collagen + Olive. This is an anti-wrinkle mask and I was able to leave this mask on for over 40 minutes, as it is very nourishing. This mask reminds me a lot of the Madecassoside + Mugwort, as I experienced the same thing after I removed the mask ~ my face was still moist with essence residue, but not tacky, slick feeling, but once absorbed, I could feel my face feel soft and smooth. I used this in the morning, but really, this is another mask I would recommend using at night-time, due to the deeply moisturizing properties of the ingredients. And like the Madecassoside + Mugwort, this would also be a perfect winter time mask for oily skinned types.
- Adenosine is yeast derived and is an anti-wrinkle and anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- Acai (Euterpe Oleracea) is a powerful antioxidant berry, full of flavonoids, Omega 6, Omega 3 and Oleic acid (essential fatty acids) and phytosterols, which protects your skin against environmental damage (pollution), combat free radicals and is an anti-inflammatory. It also helps retain moisture to your skin, rejuvenate your skin and it is highly emollient
Description: The Adenosine + Acai sheet mask restores damaged, tired skin. Adenosine re-energizes, while Acai Extract delivers rich antioxidants to strengthen skin and protect it from toxins and environmental pollutants.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance cosDNA analysis
I think there are masks here for all skin types ~ I am happy that Memebox sent these to me to review, even though one of them was not suitable for my skin type. For us oily skinned types, I think all masks except the Collagen + Olive would work. Combo skins probably can use all of these masks and dry skin types should be able to use all of these masks, because none of them were drying or mattifying. Some masks may not be as moisturizing for your dry skin, but I don’t see them drying out your skin. Madecassoside + Mugwort and Adenosine + Acai seem to be fantastic for sensitive skin types. The only two that had a milky white essence was the Collagen + Olive and Adenosine + Acai. Memebox seems to suggest that the Niacinamide + Lime and Chamomile + Tea Tree are more suited for oily skin (totally disagree on the Niacinamide + Lime as I actually think this mask is better for oil control than the Chamomile + Tea Tree ~ that is moisturizing to my skin) and that the Collagen + Olive and Sodium Hyaluronate + Lotus are more suited towards dry skin ~ I disagree on the Sodium Hyaluronate + Lotus, as that worked well on my skin, but I do agree on the Collagen + Olive ~ that really is for more dry skin types.
My only complaint is the fit of the mask ~ I feel that the nose area and the space between the nose and upper lip leave much to be desired. I didn’t get the coverage that I would have liked, especially for those masks which are to help with pores and oil. The thin strip above the upper lip and then the gaping areas around my nose were a bit disappointing. Have you tried the new Superfoods Botanical Masks from Bonvivant yet? Let me know which ones and how it worked for you!
Where to Purchase
Memebox did make a change to their point system ~ you now get Memepoints for your purchases! This is a pretty good deal, as for every 100 points, you will get $5.00 cash to spend at Memebox. Currently, you can purchase these masks (click here) at $1.00 each or in some great gift sets (click here)
As Memebox USA doesn’t ship internationally and if you do not live in the USA, you can use a shipping service and get them directly from the Korean Memebox site (link here). I use Korean Buddy as my shipping service and have been very happy with their service. If you use them, let them know you came from my site using my url, and you will save 50% off their service charge fee for your first order, which is at least $4.50. Tell them that https://beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com sent you!
- Free shipping off your order of $35 or more
- If you are new to Memebox, you use my referral link here and get 20% off your first order of $25.00 or more!
- WELCOME for 15% off for your first purchase (may not work all the time)
- If you purchase from Memebox and this is your first time purchase, you can use promo code 101smiles for 10% off.
- MAKEUPLOVE for 15% off any order (may not work all the time)
[ disclosure: products received in exchange for an honest and unbiased review ]
[ this blog contains affiliate & referral links ]
[ promo images and description in italics from Memebox ]