Disclaimer: I received this product complementary from RoseRoseShop for review purposes. All opinions are my own and are unbiased.
- AHA Vita Brightening: Brightening serum that makes skin vigorous and glossy with ideal amount of natural AHA, exfoliating ingredient and Vitamin C.
- Aloe BHA Soothing: Gel-type serum that helps in recovering roughened and sensitive skin, contains natural BHA and aloe, excellent for calming skin.
- Greentea BHA Pore Tightening: Highly enriched serum containing concentrated green tea and natural BHA extracts; removes pore expansion caused by excessive sebum, and helps maintain pore contraction.
- Snail Bee Anti Wrinkle: A serum containing snail slime and propolis extracts to assist anti-aging and wrinkle care.
- Teatree BHA Blemish Control: A serum containing natural BHA and tea tree ingredient, arranging sebum control and dead skin cells to prevent skin trouble.
I was lucky enough to get a few sample foils of their serums to try and I did then ask if I could try two of their serums for a longer time period. RoseRoseShop generously sent me the two that I requested ~ Snail Bee and Teatree BHA ~ as we all know how much I love Benton’s Snail Bee line and anything with Tea Tree and BHA makes me happy. My skin type is oily, blemish prone with aging concerns ~ hyper-pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles.
This serum comes in a frosted clear plastic bottle with a pump applicator, making it easy to apply. The pump doesn’t “squirt” the product out, but gently deposits a generous amount of product ~ I mention this because I have had skin care items with pump applicators that just spit the product out at a high speed velocity. I use about 3 to 4 pumps to cover my face and decolletage.
The serum has a nice viscosity to it ~ which is due to containing snail secretion filtrate. However, it isn’t sticky or thick like some other brands (cosRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence, I am looking at you).
It is clear, odorless and has a nice smooth slip to it, which is the panthenol ingredient making it feel that way. According to the instructions, this is to be used before a toner ~ but I actually apply my skincare products in terms of texture ~ watery products go on first and I build up to the thickest texture being last ~ excluding spot treatments. Since this serum is thicker than water, I do use it in the middle of my skincare routine.
- Snail Secretion Filtrate will increase skin elasticity and increase firmness,while helping repair skin from blemishes, reducing acne and working to lighten hyper-pigmentation scarring. This ingredient seems to work on all skin types and all ages ~ my mother loves using products with snail slime in it and she has thin, papery-dry skin whereas I have oily, thicker skin ~ but we both love it!
- Propolis is a natural antibiotic (antibacterial and anti-fungal) that is produced by honey bees and it a powerful natural anti-oxidant, because it contains over 50 different flavonoids. It also is an emollient, so it is not only a good blemish and anti-aging treatment, it also moisturizes your skin as well
- Betaine is superior for its intense moisturization and hydration properties, without the stickiness, and also reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while attracting moisture (humectancy) and relieving skin irritation.
- Allantoin is known for healing, soothing and softening skin, it also helps remove cracked and chapped skin, leaving behind healthy looking skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is an intensive moisturizing ingredient which bonds water to keep skin hydrated. It is a natural substance found in the human body and it made up of amino and uronic acids, and helps retain 100 to 1,000 times its own water weight in our skin cells.
- Panthenol helps cellular renewal and is an effective moisturizer. It is derived from plants and this ingredient comes from Vitamin B5. Panthenol is a natural humectant, which retains moisture and hydrates the skin. It also is a good lubricant on the skin, making skin look soft and smooth. It is also an anti-inflammatory
- Arginine is an amino acid that promotes healing and detoxes your skin. It also helps guard against the formation of wrinkles and loss of skin firmness.
- Adenosine is yeast derived and is an anti-wrinkle and anti-inflammatory ingredient.
Neulii Snail Bee Anti-Wrinkle Serum is also free from parabens, phenoxyethanol, artificial colors and artificial flavors
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Propolis Extract, Betaine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Allantoin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Arginine, Adenosine cosDNA.com analysis
This serum goes on smoothly and just glides onto my skin. It is also fast absorbing as well, which is important if you layer a lot of hydrating products like I do. It doesn’t leave my face feeling greasy or sticky, no tacky residue ~ just really soft and smooth skin. In the photo below, that is two pumps of the serum applied to my hand ~ the 2nd photo is an initial spreading the product on my skin and the 3rd photo is after a minute ~ it does absorb very quickly even in this muggy heat.
Now, I do not find this to be overly hydrating as my average test found it to only increase my oil/moisture levels by 14%, but since this is a layering product, I think it is adequate. It does not leave my skin greasy or oily, so I feel this helps keep my skin balanced.
The pH level of Neulii Snail Bee Anti-Wrinkle serum is around a 5 to 5.5, which means it is mildly acidic. This range is consistent with cosRX Snail 96 and Benton Snail Bee essence ranges.
As I own two other products that I thought were similar ~ cosRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence and Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence, I thought I would do a quick mini comparison between the three products.
As you can see below in the chart, Neulii Snail Bee has more in common cosRX Advanced Snail 96 than Benton Snail Bee Essence. I had originally thought that Neulii would be similar to Benton, but Benton has a lot more herbal and fermented ingredients, plus bee venom and a BHA. Neulii and cosRX are very similar, but Neulli has propolis, which is more attractive to me, as I love propolis in my skin care products. I think that if you have not allergic to bee products, Neulii is so much better than cosRX Advanced Snail 96. Ingredients highlighted in blue are shared between the three products, in lavender ~ shared between Neulii and cosRX and in lime green ~ shared between Neulii and Benton.
Neulii has other benefits over cosRX as well ~ it has faster absorption and it does not have a tacky residue. It also is less expensive as well, making it very affordable and to slather this all over your face and decolletage. At this point, I will say that Neulii and Benton are no way similar and you can use both of them without thinking they are duplicates of each other, as their ingredient list is quite different, although their texture is very similar. However, cosRX and Neulii are pretty much the same product except Neulli has the added benefit of propolis.
I went into using Neulii Snail Bee Anti-Wrinkle Serum thinking it might be a duplicate for Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence, due to the name of the product ~ but instead, I believe it is an improved duplicate for cosRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. I love that this has a fast absorption rate without any tacky residue and that it has the added benefit of propolis. It is also more affordable than cosRX and I find that whereas I didn’t use cosRX that much, because of the sticky feeling on my skin, I have no problems using this daily! This adds hydration my skin, heal any blemishes due to the one-two punch healing power of the snail slime and propolis and makes my skin feel smooth, soft and hydrated. I haven’t see any anti-wrinkle benefits yet, but I feel with all of the benefits of the ingredient list, it will help slow down the constant, never-ending aging process and soften existing fine lines and wrinkles.
Have you tried Neulii Snail Bee Anti-Wrinkle Serum? Or any of the other Neulii products? Which ones and what did you think of them? Love, Love Comments, so I would so appreciate it to hear back from my readers :) I am pretty excited to try the next product that Rose Rose Shop sent me ~ Teatree BHA Blemish Control Serum ~ so look for that review in several weeks time!
Where To Purchase
RoseRoseShop carries Neulii Snail Bee Anti-Wrinkle Serum (click here) at $12.72 for 100 mL and all of the Neulii skincare products as well. They ship internationally and have some of the lowest prices on Korean skincare and makeup products. I cannot wait to see what other items their Neulii comes out with!
Disclaimer: I received this product complementary from RoseRoseShop for review purposes. All opinions are my own and are unbiased