Disclaimer: Products were sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are my own and unbiased. Contains affiliate links
I’ve mentioned this in other Tomoson provided products, but I always like to repeat it, as if you are a blogger, you might be interested in joining Tomoson. I am a member with Tomoson network, which gives bloggers the chance to find opportunities to review products that they are interested in. I signed up for some Majestic Pure body scrubs, of which I have reviewed their coffee and coconut scrubs and now I am reviewing their tea tree oil version. I love body scrubs and use them all the time and I have decided to continue reviewing my current stash of body scrubs (of which I have many!!) over the next month or so. You can view my past body scrub reviews here.
Majestic Pure Tea Tree Oil Body & Body Scrub is 100% natural and contains many organic ingredients, including oils and butters that will help moisturize your skin, while exfoliating and softening your skin. Since it has tea tree oil in it, it has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties as well. It is made in the USA in a GMP lab and cruelty free. I like to walk around barefoot in the spring and summer months, so having a scrub made with tea tree oil is important to me, as you never know what your feet pick up!
- Tea Tree oil has been known by native Australians for centuries as an all purpose “cure-all” remedy in medicines. Tea Tree oil is extracted by using steam distillation from twigs and leaves of Melaleuca Alternifolia, a Tea Tree ~ not to be confused with tea that you drink. Tea Tree is native to parts of Australia ~ Southeast Queensland and New South Wales ~ and it has become popular globally. Tea tree oil is used for many infections and diseases due to its healing and disinfectant properties ~ antibacterial, fungicide, antiseptic, antimicrobial, antiviral and can help speed up wound healing and reduce scarring, as it is a cicatrisant. It helps with preventing dry, flaky skin and because of its antibacterial properties, can help heal current blemishes while reducing future blemishes. It helps with rashes, allergic skin reactions and fungal infections, such as ringworm and athlete’s foot. It can also be used to help relieve achy sore muscles and feet, as it is an anti-inflammatory and can promote blood circulation to where ever you apply it. Tea Tree oil is for topical use.
- Dead Sea salt, which is a mineral salt ~ not to be confused with regular salt, which contains mainly sodium chloride and that type of salt will dehydrate your skin. Dead Sea salt is rich in minerals, such as magnesium and calcium and actually improves your skin’s hydration because it will strengthen your skin’s barrier function. These minerals are classified as natural moisturization factors by scientists. Dead Sea salt helps detox your skin and removes dead skin and helps reduce skin blemishes.
- Epsom Salt is magnesium sulfate and helps soothe sore feet and there are claims that it reduces inflammation.
- Jojoba Oil (simmondsia chinensis) oil comes from the Jojoba shrub, which is native to southwestern USA and northern Mexico ~ it contains oil in its leaves and seeds. It is both a moisturizing and skin softening, which is an emollient, oil and is used in many skin care products. It helps skin cells attract and keep moisturize and it helps penetrate your skin easily, aiding in your skin’s increased flexibility and elasticity.
Along with the essential oil of tea tree, this contains a slew of aromatic and botanical oils ~ chamomile, rosemary, eucalyptus, spearmint and peppermint, which are designed to refresh, sooth and invigorate your skin and senses.
Ingredients: 100% Pure Dead Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Essential Oil, Chamomile Essential Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Spearmint Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Methylsulfonylmethan (MSM)
Once again, this is a fine grained body scrub ~ the salt granules are very small and not chunky ~ Majestic Pure seems to like finer grained salt scrubs in their formula, but for a foot scrub, I was hoping for something more grainy. It is a semi-moist scrub and has enough jojoba oil holding the salts together. Despite all of its list of fragrant oils, this scrub is very disappointing in the scent department. I would have thought it would have a bracing, fresh herbal scent, but it does not. It is more of a chemical scent and it is very much a letdown.
Description: Tea Tree oil can benefit skin conditions such as ring worm, athlete’s foot,corns, Cuts and scrapes , itching of insect bites and chicken pox, warts and acne. In fact, tea tree oil may be a great alternative to conventional skin treatments. Tea tree oil is known to be anti acne oil. Tea tree oil can also help with minor wounds,encourage healing, and fighting infection.Our all-natural foot scrub blends tea tree and 5 other all natural essential oils with dead sea salt, epsom salts and emollient oils to help rid your feet of foot fungus and bacteria.scrub leaves feet feeling clean, refreshed, and odor-free. Majestic Pure Tea Tree Foot and Body Scrub is manufactures in a GMP US lab.
This scrub has a really good consistency and holds together well while I use it. It is semi-moist, despite the first two ingredients being salt, as Majestic Pure added just enough jojoba oil for the salt to adhere. I do use this on my legs and feet ~ on my legs, this does scrub up nicely, exfoliate and does not leave my skin or tub oily or greasy. I find it is not that effective on my feet and I have to use a pumice stone in addition to this scrub to help remove dead skin. The scrub does soften up my feet, so it is less work for the pumice stone to do, but the scrub alone didn’t help remove my dead skin.
I would not use this on my face, as it is a salt scrub and its texture is too harsh for your face ~ some salt scrubs, like Skinfood Honey Red Orange Scrub, are loaded with honey and gooey ingredients which make it so much more gentler for your face. Also, with any salt skincare product, be careful if you use this on skin that has open cuts or rashes, as the salt will sting. I am not too pleased with the scent, as it makes me feel like there isn’t enough tea tree oil in this product to be effective. I wish I knew what the percentages of essential oils were in here, as the lack of herbal scent in this product doesn’t make me feel that this scrub would be effective as a treatment scrub for skin conditions, such as athlete’s foot and other fungal issues. I would be better off making my own tea tree foot scrub and I think I will. I will not purchase this product.
Have you tried Majestic Pure Tea Tree Oil Body & Foot Scrub? If you still wish to purchase this, you can get it at Amazon (link here) or Majestic Pure online shop (link here) for $14.50 (12 oz tub). I actually would recommend Majestic Pure’s Arabica Coffee Scrub instead, if you are looking to purchase a scrub by Majestic Pure ~ you can read my review here on that product.
If you purchase at Amazon, you can also use these coupon codes to save more if you purchase additional qualifying items from Majestic Pure.
- Enter code MAJPURE2 at checkout and save $3.50 when you purchase any 2 items.
- Enter code MAJPURE3 at checkout and save $5.00 when you purchase any 3 items.
- Enter code MAJPURE4 at checkout and save $6.50 when you purchase any 4 items.
- Enter code MAJPUR05 at checkout and save $8.00 when you purchase any 5 items.
- Enter code MAJPURE6 at checkout and save $10.00 when you purchase any 6 items.
- Enter code MAJPURE7 at checkout and save $12.00 when you purchase any 7 items.
- Enter code MAJPURE8 at checkout and save $14.00 when you purchase any 8 or more items.
[ Disclaimer: Products were sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are my own and unbiased. ]
[ Contains affiliate links. Description in italics from Majestic Pure ]