I love body scrubs ~ I have a lot of them and I thought it would be nice to blog about them. So, continuing with my body scrub reviews, Angel Face Botanicals is another eco-friendly, artisan-crafted holistic company that I happen to really enjoy. I was introduced to Angel Face via Kloverbox and I plan on doing some more skincare reviews with a couple of their products that I currently own ~ a cleanser and an enzyme wash off mask. For now, I will focus on a relaxing and soothing body scrub. Angel Face Botanicals uses the highest quality natural and certified organic ingredients and also using ethically wild-harvested botanicals. They are a cruelty free shop and also practice fair trade whenever possible. Angel Face Botanicals produce their products in small batches, to ensure freshness and creates their own extracts, infusions and gemstone elixirs and uses the whole plant in their formulas.
About Angel Face Botanticals: “I have created a holistic plant & mineral-based skincare line that encourages radiantly beautiful skin, while nurturing the spirit, and nourishing your entire being – supporting radical self-care through your ongoing cycle of wellness.” Jessica Ress is a holistic wellness advocate, skincare formulator, crystal and plant intuitive, author, and eco-warrior. Her luxurious natural products incorporate energy healing, herbalism, and aromatherapy for beautiful skin and overall health in mind, body, and spirit. (source angelfacebotanticals)
Double Love Body Scrub with Himalayan Salt & Organic Lavender I love lavender scents ~ it can vary from a sweet floral scent to a more herbaceous, woody scent, depending on the region and variety grown. This scrub leans towards the more herbaceous version of lavender, but it is a lavender ~ probably my top floral scent. The scrub is a peachy-pink color, due to the pink Himalayan salt crystals that make up the bulk of this scrub. The salt is finely grained, it is not huge chunks of salt, so this is perfect for my arms and legs. It contains several moisturizing oils and you can see that the oils do separate from the scrub ~ I just give it a couple of quick stirs with my fingers when I use this.
You can see how it is now a nice, wet-but-not-too-wet scrub once mixed. I only need a little of this scrub and I apply it, massage it in gently and exfoliate away dead skin cells using the mineral rich salts, releasing the lovely aromatic lavender scent as well. This scrub leaves my skin feeling smooth, soft and moisturized. After rinsing off, the nourishing oils are still on my body where I applied it ~ I just pat dry and let it absorb into my skin before getting dressed.
- Lavandula angustifolia (organic lavender) flower oil can aid in relaxation, easing stress and it can also boost stamina and energy. It is also a powerful healing agent. The French scientist René Gattefossé was one of the first to discover and record the healing properties of lavender oil when he burned his hand during an laboratory experiment back in 1910. He used a lavender essence (oil) to help speed up the healing time of his burned hand. Gattefossé wrote of essential oils properties ~ antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-toxic and antiviral ~ all which have a healing powers and therapeutic properties. During WWI, he been collaborated with other scientists on the benefits of essential oils and used them to treat wounded soldiers.
- Himalayan Salt is also known as Crystal Salt, due to its gorgeous geometric crystalline patterns. By exfoliating with Himalayan Salts, the rich minerals and nutrients in the salt are delivered to your cells via an ionic infusion, making it easier for your body to absorb and utilize them. Exfoliating with Himalayan Salts can improve the texture, tone and appearance of your skin, combat water retention, help reduce the appearance of cellulite, prevent muscle cramping and soreness, regulate sleep, and even decrease stress. Just add water and Himalayan Salts create an environment that mimics the most ancient seas on Earth, bringing the magic of the Himalayas to your shower. We use raw, food grade naturally pure Himalayan Salt for its maximum nutrient profile which includes calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and iron. (source angelfacebotanticals)
- Vitis Vinifera (grape) seed oil has been used since the 16th century and it contains moisturizing and nourishing compounds, such as linoleic acid (omega 6 essential fatty acid) and vitamins. It absorbs into your skin without an oily feeling and assists other ingredients to penetrate deeper into your skin.
- Prunus Amygalus Dulcis (sweet almond) oil lubricants your skin, leaving a soft, smooth and glowing appearance. It is very mild and your skin will absorb it quickly, protecting your skin from drying out, due to its high content of fatty acids ~ it will also strengthen your skin barrier function as well.
- Jojoba Oil (simmondsia chinensis) oil comes from the Jojoba shrub, which is native to southwestern USA and northern Mexico ~ it contains oil in its leaves and seeds. It is both a moisturizing and skin softening, which is an emollient, oil and is used in many skin care products. It helps skin cells attract and keep moisturize and it helps penetrate your skin easily, aiding in your skin’s increased flexibility and elasticity, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helping to lighten hyper pigmentation spots. It also balances your skin, as it is identical to sebum oil, so your skin will not overproduce oil and it will reduce blemishes and inflammation.
- Aloe Vera ~which is a powerful moisturizer that doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily or greasy. It soothes, treats inflammation, helps speed up skin healing and also has a plethora of antioxidants ~ beta-carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which help improve your skin’s firmness and keeps your skin moist and hydrated. It also contains over 75 different nutritious ingredients, including minerals, enzymes, amino acids, salicylic acid and much more
This scrub is free from SLS, sulfates, artificial colors, artificial fragrances, synthetic ingredients and it is eco-friendly.
Description: Masses of pure organic Lavender Essential Oil help you relax and wash away tension. Himalayan Salt Crystals provide a perfect mineral-rich buff to remove the dull, dry skin, bringing new life to your skin. An ultra-moisturizing blend of Sweet Almond, Grape Seed, and Jojoba Oils plus Aloe Vera leaves your skin velvety soft and ever so lightly scented. This blend of botanical oils contain vitamins C, D, E, and beta-carotene which helps to repair free radical damage and encourages cellular renewal. Widely known for inducing tranquility, Lavender enhances overall health and well-being. Take a long, slow deep breath: spiritual love, peace, and calm prevail.
Ingredients: Sodium chloride (himalayan salt), Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, vegetable glycerin, Vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Lavandula angustifolia (organic lavender) flower oil, tocopherol (vitamin E), Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice cosDNA.com analysis
This scrub is a gentle but invigorating scrub ~ the scent is amazing and I feel like I should be flitting around a forest with my jar of lavender scrub! It is a delight to my nose and to my body ~ did I mention that lavender is my favorite floral scent? Body scrubs help increase circulation and will help cellular renewal because it will remove dead skin cells, unclog pores and reveal new, healthy skin. If you are looking for a spa experience and love lavender, I recommend using Angel Face Botanicals Double Love Body Scrub with Himalayan Salt & Organic Lavender ~ you can purchase it at their online store here for $24.00 for a 12.5 oz tub. If this is your first time purchase, sign up for their newsletter and you will receive a 10% coupon!
I hope to have a review of a couple more products from Angel Face in the upcoming month for you. Have you tried anything from Angel Face Botanicals? What were they and how did you like it?
[ Description in italics from Angel Face Botanicals ]