A few weeks ago, Jen at Beautibi offered to send me a few items from a brand new brand that she was going to offer at their shop ~ Thank You Farmer. Thank You Farmer is a brand from South Korea that specializes in skincare and I was really impressed by the facial masks, sun cream and sun cream essence that I tried ~ you can read my review here. When I was researching the products on Thank You Farmer’s online site, I immediately became interested in some of the items, such as the Cleansing Water, Back to Relax and True Water lines. I asked if Beautibi will be carrying more items from Thank You Farmer and Jen said yes and that they would be carrying most of the items from their product line
Beautibi curated 4 new boxes and three of them feature Thank You Farmer products. I purchased the Day to Night Spa box, as that had most of the items that I was wanting to try ~ since I had already had the sun cream, I asked if I could pay the difference between the sun cream and a gel moisturizer ~ which Jen accepted ~ fantastic customer service! There isn’t anything wrong with the sun cream at all, it is just that I have it currently and wanted to try the moisturizer. I will review both of the gel and sun cream here.
If you have never ordered from Beautibi, you should take a look at their site ~ Jen personally reviews and curates the brands and boxes, so she is knowledgeable about the items that she chooses to carry
BEAUTIBI is a boutique online destination, offering Asian skincare + cosmetics to fit any lifestyle. Sometimes, we return to our roots and launch limited edition beauty boxes to keep things interesting. The products and brands we work with are carefully curated with focus on quality, application, and usability. We try and test all products before they make an appearance on our site. We also enjoy stocking unique products before they turn mainstream.
Thank You Farmer’s promise is not about miracle, neither magic. Their honest promise is about being beautiful in slow, little and natural ways without giving any burden to your skin. A gift set of skincare basics to help you get your spa treatment right from home. This set contains products to help you get through the day and relax at night, with products from Thank You Farmer’s “Back To” line.
I also received a lot of free samples and masks, including some more Back To Farmer items! I love Beautibi boxes ~ they are nice sturdy cardboard boxes, with a lovely teal patterned lid. I use upcycle these all the time as gift boxes, they are that nice ~ and sometimes I think the box is a bigger hit than what I put inside of them! haha This is an unboxing so I will give you my initial impressions and ingredients list. This is not a product review post.
Back To Pure Daily Foaming Gel Cleanser This is a lovely freshly scented gel cleanser ~ as it is a gel, I will use my bubble net to make foam, as gels produce more foam when you use a bubble net or brush. This has a very light fresh fig scent to it, not overpowering at all. I did do a pH test on it and it looks to be a solid 7. I will do a more in-depth review on this cleanser after I have used it for a few weeks. Full Size 200 mL RV $24.00
- Centella Asiatica is a common herbal ingredient that is used medicinally to help speed up wound healing, such as blemishes and skin rashes. It also helps minimize the appearance of pores, and since it stimulates collagen production, it will make your skin more supple and firm.
- Portulaca Oleracea (purslane) has been used in TCM for centuries and is known for its “anti” properties antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal. It contains essential omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, C and E, and other acids, like malic and citric. It also contains niacinamide, flavonoids, glycosides ~ and it a powerful antioxidant ingredient ~ you will see purslane in a lot of skin care products as it is so beneficial to the health of your skin.
- Ficus Carica (fig) fruit extract has antioxidant benefits, as well as an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. It contains linoleic acid, phytosterols, amino acids such as glycine, polyphenols, flavonoids, anthocyanins and catechins (that is a superstar in green tea!) as well as vitamins and minerals, making this ingredient very nourishing and improving your skin’s appearance.
Description: A mild foaming gel cleanser that works up into a mild, smooth lather to cleanse your face and leaves smoothness on your skin without tightness. A cleanser that feels pure with stress-free micro lather. Smoothly removes impurities and excess sebum with hydration. Allows light makeup removal. Comforts the skin as it does not cause roughness when cleansing in the morning. Uplifts with a fresh, subtle fragrance. A mild foaming gel cleanser with smooth and mild micro lather to leave your skin smooth without tightness. Contains pomegranate extracts, fig extracts, and aloe leaf juice.
Ingredients: water, cocamidopropyl betaine, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, potassium cocoyl glycinate, acrylates copolymer, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, glycerin, pentylene glycol, centella asiatica extract, ficus carica (fig) fruit extract, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract, portulaca oleracea extract, pueraria thunbergiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia lactiflora (peony) root extract, cnidium officinale root extract, soluble collagen, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, hydrogenated lecithin, argania spinosa kernel oil, sodium hyaluronate, ethylexylglycerin, dimethicone, squalane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, alcohol, isononyl isononanoate, polyglyceryl-10 stearate, betaine, 1,2-hexanediol, cetearyl alcohol, butyrosperumum parkii (shea) butter, stearic acid, polyglyceryl-2 diplyhydroxystearate, xanthan gum, inulin lauryl carbamate, ceramide 3, disodim stearoyl glutamate, fragrance, phenoxyethanol cosDNA.com analysis
Back To Iceland Cleansing Water I am really excited to try this but I have to wait, as I have 2 other cleansing waters open right now! I will be using this over the summer time as I use cleansing waters up pretty quickly ~ they are fantastic for removing soap and wash off mask packs residue, first-thing-in-the-morning to refresh my face and remove any night care products, when I get home from work ~ just to remove the dirt and oil from the day and whenever I feel like my oily face needs to be refreshed. Cleansing waters do not replace actual soap cleansing, but I love the quick and easy way they help clean my skin. This one is made with 83% Icelandic Moss, papaya and aloe vera extracts. Full Size 260 mL RV $21.00
- Cetraria Islandica (Icelandic Moss) helps soothes skin as it is an anti-inflammatory and it is an emollient due to its moisturizing glucans and polysaccharides which help bind water to your skin. Icelandic Moss also has antibiotic properties, helping treat and heal skin problems, such as blemishes.
- Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel) is an blemish prone skin’s best friend because it has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities which helps clear up acne and it removes excess oil from skin. It also helps shrinks blood vessels, which tightens our skin. Witch Hazel can speed up healing and is a powerful anti-inflammatory, which also helps soothe skin. Finally, Witch Hazel refreshes and rejuvenates skin, refines the pores and seal in moisture.
- Papaya contains an enzyme called papain , which is a natural exfoliator, making your skin smooth, vibrant and healthy. Papain cures a variety of skin issues, such as acne, dry skin and premature again. Papaya also is an antioxidant, as it has Vitamins A, C and E along with carotenoids, helping to reduce inflammation of your skin, as well as nourishing it.
Description: Cleansing Water with Iceland Moss Extracts clearly cleansing skin residue without tightness or dryness. Easy & quick cleansing at a time. Care for the Make-up residue and even sebum, skin pore & skin flake. Hydrated skin maintain with skin soothing & moisturizing ingredients. This cleansing water keeps skin healthy and hydrated using 83% Iceland Moss extract instead of water, while removing impurities from the skin
Ingredients: cetraria islandica extract (83%), glycerin, PEG-6 caprylic/capric, glycerides, dipropylene glycol, rubus chamaemorus seed extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract, metha piperita (peppermint) leaf extract, maltodextrin, papain, gultheria procumbens (wintergreen) leaf extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) fruit oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, PPG-15 stearyl ether, panthenol, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, polyglyceryl-3 caprate, cocamidopropyl betaine, allantoin, butylene glycol, sodium chloride, water, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, ehtylhexylglycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Back To Relax Soothing Gel Mask This was another item that I drooled over at Thank You Farmer’s online website, and I am so HAPPY to get it. It is a beautiful pink gel ~ I feel like I should have a bathtub full of this stuff and dive in! The Back To Relax Soothing Gel wash off mask pack is very cool on my skin and I am going to put this in the frig to chill it, as currently I am suffering from puffy eyes and allergies ~ the coolness will feel wonderful on my face. I will be trying this mask out over soon and I will not only update this blog post, but will post my mini review on IG. This has a lovely scent to it ~ it is light, a sweet fruity and fresh. Very pleasant and this mask is going to come in handy with the hot humid months ahead. Perfect timing to get such a refreshing soothing mask. Full Size 100 mL RV $29.00
- Pomegranate is a rich source of vitamin C and it will help stimulate collagen production, making skin firm and youthful looking, and also has a brightening effect.
- Glycerin moisturizes and hydrates the skin, leaving your face feeling smooth and soft.
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice Root Extract) helps soothes and calms the skin, while acting as an anti-inflammatory and also reduces hyper-pigmentation.
- Aloe is a powerful moisturizer that doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily or greasy. It soothes, treats inflammation, helps speed up skin healing and also has a plethora of antioxidants ~ beta-carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which help improve your skin’s firmness and keeps your skin moist and hydrated. It also contains over 75 different nutritious ingredients, including minerals, enzymes, amino acids, salicylic acid and much more.
Description: A pure wash-off gel mask that comfortably soothes your skin as the cool, damp air in a cave. Intensive moisturization. Calm relaxing effect for the skin that has been irritated by external aggressors. The soothing effect that feels even more satisfying when refrigerated. Corrects roughness and dullness caused by lack of moisture and dead skin cells. Leaves your skin clean, smoothly hydrated, and ready for makeup. A mild wash-off gel mask that leaves your skin hydrated and comfortably soothed from the irritation of external factors. A moisture-enriched gel mask leaves your skin comfortable and soothed with freshness that has no stickiness
Ingredients: water, glycerin, butylene glycol, betaine, punica granatum (pomagrantate) extract, centella asiatica extract, ficus carica (fig) fruit extract,portulaca oleracea extract, pueraria thunbergiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia lactiflora (peony) root extract, cnidium officinale root extract, ulmus davidiana root extract, amarantus caudatus seed extract, soluble collagen, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, hydrogenated lecithin, sodium hyaluronate, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, 1,2-hexanediol, tromethanmine, panthenol, carbomer, glyceryl polymethacrylate, allantoin, ethylhexylglycerin, tetrasodium EDTA, xanthan gum, ceramide 3, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, CI 14700, CI 17200 cosDNA.com analysis
True Water Deep Serum This is a deluxe size sample and I am not opening it just yet, as I am currently using another serum. However, the True Water Deep series is of interest to me, as I really loved the facial sheet masks in this line. This serum is described as having a “unique slippery texture” which it looks like it is very bouncy and a semi-gel like in composition. This is a deeply hydrating, anti-wrinkle serum that I might just use around the delicate eye area skin, as that is where I suffer from wrinkles most. Some of the descriptions by Thank You Farmer just make me smile, btw. The soothing relax mask was described as “soothes your skin as the cool, damp air in a cave” and this serum is now described as “hydrates …skin as the morning dews dampen the soil”. Very nice imagery! Deluxe Size 15 mL RV $14.00
- Dioscorea Japonica (Wild Yam) This extract is found in many anti-aging firming skincare products. Wild yam is supposed to have a property similar to progesterone, called diosgenin and it also has estrogen properties. These hormones are very helpful, especially for women who are entering menopause, either peri, pre or post stages. There has been a study (source) that stated that wild yam can help restore the skin barrier in your epidermis, by encouraging the production of keratinocyte cells~ the main cells in our outer layer of skin. It also helps with hyper-pigmentation and can prevent sun spots, based on another study (source).
- Phellinus Linteus is a mushroom that grows on mulberry tree trunks and is also known as black hoof mushroom. It is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and has the ability to help with skin issues such as eczema. It has been shown that phellinus linteus has the same antioxidant effects as Vitamin C (source)
- Sodium Hyaluronate is an intensive moisturizing ingredient which bonds water to keep skin hydrated. It is a natural substance found in the human body and it made up of amino and uronic acids, and helps retain 100 to 1,000 times its own water weight in our skin cells.
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) is an excellent hydrating ingredient for your skin
- Beta-Glucan is a compound that is naturally derived from mushrooms, oats, yeast and grains. It helps stimulate the production of collagen, speeds up wound healing, soothes and calms skin due to its anti-irritant and strong anti-inflammatory properties, moisturizes, locks in natural moisture, anti-aging and anti-wrinkle due to its anti-oxidant properties and also helps repair your moisture barrier
Description: A deep moisturizing serum with a unique slippery texture that hydrates dry, tired skin as the morning dews dampen the soil. Unique fitting that wraps the skin upon application. Very unique application that slips on your skin. Deep penetration and hydration that is refreshing without stickiness. Holds the moisture inside and helps with forming a moisture barrier for radiance. A deep-moisturizing serum with a unique texture that leaves your tired, dry skin hydrated. Fortifies the protective barrier for deep penetration of hyaluronic acid.
Ingredients: water, pentylene glycol, glycerin, methyl gluceth-20, methylpropanediol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, piper methysticum leaf/root/stem extract, dioscorea japonica (wild yam) root extract, phellinus linteus extract, arctium lappa root extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, portulaca oleracea extract, pueraria thunbergiana root extract,glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia lactiflora (peony) root extract, soluble collagen, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, hydrogenated lecithin, sodium hyaluronate,PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, butylene glycol, tromethanmine, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, xanthan gum, adenosine, hydrolyzed corn starch, 1,2-hexanediol, sodium polyacrylate, PVM/MA copolymer, polyquaternium-51, glycosyl trehalose, beta-glucan, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, raffinose, biosaccharide gum-1, sucrose, inositol, panthenol, lecithin, folic acid, ceramide 3, cholesterol, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4, fragrance, CI 42090 cosDNA.com analysis
True Water Light Gel Cream The original box configuration does not have this gel cream in it. As a favor to me, as I had already received the sunscreen, Jen allowed me to swap this product in and I did pay the difference between the gel cream and sunscreen, which was $13.00. If you are interested in this cream, it is in the “Hydration Up Box“, which contains this, Deep Water Toner, Serum and masks.
This is a beautiful light gel cream that looks to be a peach shade in the jar ~ I love gel creams as I have oily skin and this hybrid of a lotion and a gel is perfect for me. I normally do not use heavy creams on my face during the day time, but I layer a many hydrating skin products to help keep my skin hydrated and also control any oiliness and acne breakouts. The scent is very light ~ it reminds me of orange blossoms and a bit of spice added. It is, like all of the Thank You Farmer products, very light, very refreshing and it does disappear quickly.
This gel is so cool on my skin ~ it reminds me of the Back To Relax mask ~ Thank You Farmer also suggests to put this in the refrigerator to get more of a cooling effect, which does sound great for summertime. They also suggest using a face brush to apply this cream, but I use what nature gave me ~ my fingers! haha
This gel cream is quickly absorbed into my skin and there is not sticky or tacky residue. My skin felt hydrated and smooth and I did do a skin analyzer test (note, this is just one preliminary test)
- Before: Oil=15.3% Water=34.1%
- After: Oil=21.1% Water=46.9%
This resulted in an increase of both 38% for lipids (oil) and moisture (water). As I do layer my hydrating products, this is a good increase for me, as it will lock in all of the other hydrating and moisturizing serums and essences that I use. Full Size 50 mL RV $34.00
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) ~ This is a powerful antioxidant that acts as an anti-inflammatory, improves your skin elasticity, enhance the skin barrier function and also it helps to even out skin tone and reduce post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
- Betaine ~ superior for its intense moisturization and hydration properties, without the stickiness, and also reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while attracting moisture (humectancy) and relieving skin irritation.
- Squalane is known to absorb quickly and rapidly into your skin, going deep into your dermal layers. It is an antioxidant, which means it combats free radicals, prevents UV ray damage and hyper-pigmentation, helps with the production of cellular growth, as well as being an anti-bacterial. Now, squalane can be derived from olives, but it can still be extracted from shark livers.
- Paeonia Lactiflora (peony) root extract are used to help prevent wrinkles when applied topically, as they might have anti-aging properties. It is also a skin brightener and softens and improves skin texture, as it is a conditioning agent as well.
Description: A light and refreshing moisturizing gel cream that is as fresh as a deep-hydrating juice of fruits. A thin protective barrier that is light and fresh yet long-lasting. Feels fresh and suitable for oil/combination skin. A natural moisturizing gel cream that captures your heart with a sensible fragrance. Feels cooler when kept refrigerated. Applies more smoothly when applied with a brush. A moisturizing gel cream as fresh and light as the fresh juice of fruits. A light gel cream for the oily/combination skin that needs hydration. Moisturization & smooth skin texture: Water-soluble hydrators and plant extracts quickly absorb the skin to improve the skin texture.
Ingredients: water, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, niacinamide, betaine, squalane, pentylene glycol, piper methysticum leaf/root/stem extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, portulaca oleracea extract, pueraria thunbergiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia lactiflora (peony) root extract, cnidium officinale root extract, ulmus davidiana root extract, amarantus caudatus seed extract, soluble collagen, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium hyaluronate, hydrogenated lecithin, 1,2-hexanediol, trehalose, panthenol, polyacrylamide, butylene glycol, inositol, C13-14 isoparaffin, ethylhexylglycerin, disodum EDTA, laureth-7, xanthan gum, fragrance, CI 15985, CI 17200 cosDNA.com analysis
This is actually the product you will receive in the Day to Night Spa Box, not the True Water Light Gel Cream. This is a really nice sunscreen and I am repeating my original review here.
Thank You Farmer Water Sun Cream SPF50+ PA +++ If you had told me a couple of years ago that I would be loving sunscreens, I would have said you were crazy. Yep, I am fanatical about them now, as I am seeing the damage that has been done to my face because I neglected to wear my sunscreen when I was a yute. I’ve mentioned this before when I have reviewed sunscreens, but I do think this is handy information to know. We all know what SPF rating means, but what does PA stand for? I am very familiar with SPF (sun protection factor) and that it ranks based on protection from UVB :: ultraviolet B (shortwave) rays. But the PA rating is something newish to me, and I really notice it on Asian sunscreens, not so much American brands. PA is the amount of protection the sunscreen offers from UVA :: ultraviolet A (long-wave) rays. PA ranks with + signs and the higher the + signs, the more protection you will get from UVA rays.
UVB is what causes sunburns and reddened skin and has direct links to cancer. UVA is what causes us to tan, and age ~ wrinkles and deep lines are caused by UVA exposure. A really fantastic article about ultraviolet rays and how they affect our skin can be found here at the Skin Cancer website and I highly recommend reading it. One thing I have learned is that a broad spectrum sunscreen is the proper choice as it will help deflect the UV rays and not allow them to penetrate into your skin layers.
Okay, so lets move on to the sunscreen by Thank You Farmer. This tube has an easy applicator, just squeeze and out comes a medium weight sunscreen, that smells more like a perfume than fresh apricots ~ it does have the scent of apricots, but it is like a perfumed apricot. Does that make sense?
It is very slick and smooth and it does hydrate and moisturize my skin without leaving any white cast. The finish is dewy, so if you have oily skin like me, this is going to cause more of a sheen on your face than you might like. It is not sticky, however and it does absorb quickly. I love that it is SPF 50 PA+++ and I think this one will be great for when I am all outdoorsy ~ whether I am at the beach or hiking, biking or just outside. I am not sure I will use this for my normal, daily, work-face as it does leave my face dewy and I do prefer a more matte skin than shiny. It is a personal preference, however. This sunscreen is really nice and I haven’t experienced any rashes or blemishes from using it. It is rich and moisturizing, but there isn’t any major acne triggers ~ just two ingredients and it is very low on cosDNA.com Full Size 50 mL RV $21.00
- Aloe Barbadensis ~ one of its many uses is to attract and keep moisture and is also an anti-inflammatory. Aloe Vera is a powerful moisturizer that doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily or greasy.
- Phyto-Oligo is a patented ingredient and it not only hydrates and moisturizes, it acts an anti-inflammatory.
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil is a lightweight oil that has a high concentration of Vitamin E, which is a powerful anti-oxidant and may also help protect the skin from UV rays. It is known for its hydrating and moisturizing properties and it contains omaga-6 fatty acids.
- Bambusa Vulgaris (bamboo) Water Bamboo contains silica and by stimulating certain cells, it helps strengthen your collagen and elastin, which in turn will help firm and tone your skin and plump up your skin, so fine lines and wrinkles are not as noticeable. Bamboo also is a very soothing ingredient that is good for sensitive skin, as it is an anti-irritant, retains moisture and helps combat free radicals as it does contain anti-oxidant proprieties as well.
Ingredients:Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Octocrylene, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Glyceryl Stearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (bamboo) Water, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Lipids, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Plukenetia Volubilis (sacha inchi) Seed Oil, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Aluminum Stearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Octyldodecanol, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol cosDNA.com analysis
I do think this is one amazing box ~ I love the ingredients in Thank You Farmer products ~ lots of nice herbal and fruit products, full of vitamins and anti-oxidant properties. The scent on this line is also fresh and light ~ it is scented, but nothing overpowering and it disappears quickly. The gel formulas in the cream and wash off pack are cool and refreshing and I cannot wait to start incorporating these products into my skincare routine. Currently, you can only purchase the sunscreens and facial sheet masks individually at Beautibi (link here) and all other Thank You Farmer products are in 3 boxes ~ this one (Day To Night Spa Set), which retails for $78.00 (worth $101.00), Hydration Up Box for $68.00 (RV $97.00 and Miracles in May Box for $98.00 (RV $135.00)
Have you tried any of the Thank You Farmer products? These are pretty cool, love the ingredient list, the scent and the texture of the ones I have opened and swatched. I plan to use these products over the summertime and will review them fully here. Are you going to get a box full of Thank You Farmer products? Let me know in the comments below!
If this is your first time purchase, you can use my referral link first and receive a code for $5.00 (referral link http://beautibi.refr.cc/77WLRC8)
[ Contains referral links. Description in italics from beautibi]