I love wash off masks and I just wrote up a series of five wash off mask packs recently. I am always looking for new types of masks, as I love a good clay mask and also love a nice moisturizing mask. When Memebox released Gram BanBan mask pack a few weeks ago, I was immediately interested. This mask pack is like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup ~ they have combined a pore clay mask pack and a moisturizing mask pack into one product. The premise behind this concept is have two separate areas in the container and then you apply the appropriate mask on your face ~ splitting it up into sections. As usual, I am too lazy to find two masks packs and do this myself, I decided to purchase it. Of course, if you have a clay mask and moisturizing mask pack, you can do this yourself without getting the BanBan product. For those that want to know what BanBan means, it means… “Half-Half”. From what I understand, it is a common Korean term to use when eating out ~ you want half of this and half of that and restaurants will serve it in a bowl that has separated partitions.
The BanBan pack comes in a black plastic tub that has an inner lid to keep the product moist and fresh. It also has a little spatula and I am disappointed that that it doesn’t fit inside the tub between the outer and inner lid. Which means I will lose it and then I will just use my fingers. Both packs contain Kaolin and Montmorillonite clays, which will help absorb oils, clean out your pores and detox.
Description: A unique, multi-purpose face pack that delivers special care for both your T-zone and U-zone. T-zone Pore Pack (Green) – this pack contains a rich blend of exceptional skincare ingredients including volcanic ash clay, green tea extract, lemon balm and applemint extract. It balances out the moisture levels of the skin and controls sebum on the T-zone area which is more prone to excessive oil production. This also eliminates impurities to keep the skin clear and healthy. U-zone Moisturizing Pack (Orange) – this pack contains premium pumpkin extract and sweet almond oil that effectively tightens pores and leaves the skin silky smooth. This contains rich source of nutrients and moisture that helps the U-zone look radiant and youthful.
On one side, is a very creamy green clay mask pack, which will control oil and also help remove the dirt and debris from your pores. Some key ingredients include
- Bentonite is an aged volcanic ash clay ~ which removes toxins and is an important ingredient for detox and deep cleaning your pores, tightening your pores, removing any dirt and exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Green Tea is full of powerful anti-oxidants, due to its high concentration of polyphenols, green tea helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lemon Balm Leaf has strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and can calm, soothe and heal your skin, great for blemish prone skin. It also contains flavonoids, which have an antioxidant effect and due to this herb’s tannins compounds, it is also an astringent and antiviral. Lemon Balm is used a lot in skincare because it has such wonderful properties and this herb goes back centuries for medicinal use.
- Applemint Leaf Extract will help with regulating your skin’s oil (sebum) production.
- Tea Tree is an amazing ingredient~ it has antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic properties and can help reduce and diminish acne marks and scars.
- Broccoli is a superfood it not only contains antioxidants like beta-carotene and Vitamin C, it also has Vitamin B complex, Vitamin E ~ which creates radiant skin and shiny hair as it revives skin tissue, Vitamin A and K, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Amino Acids and Folic Acid (Vitamin B9). All of these vitamins help care for your skin and keep it glowing and healthy. Broccoli also contains glucoraphanin, a phytonutrient, which has been reported in reversing sun damage on your skin.
The other side of the jar contains the U-zone Moisturizing Pack and it is a more textured yet still creamy yellow moisturizing pack. It has little grains of almond powder which will help exfoliate as well as clay, but its main focus is to moisturize and remove dry flaky patches. Other key ingredients are
- Sweet Almond Oil has Vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant and can help protect your skin from stress and UV damage, leaving your skin soft, supple and moisturized.
- Shea Butter is a highly moisturizing ingredient, with concentrated vitamins and fatty acids. It helps aid the production of collagen and it also contains oleic, steric, linolenic and palmitic acids that will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smoothing your skin to look more youthful
- Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment is highly moisturizing and also have antibacterial properties. Pumpkin has great exfoliating properties as well.
- Papaya contains an enzyme called peptin, which is a natural exfoliator, making your skin smooth, vibrant and healthy. Peptin cures a variety of skin issues, such as acne, dry skin and premature again. Papaya also is an antioxidant, as it has Vitamins A, C and E along with carotenoids, helping to reduce inflammation of your skin, as well as nourishing it.
- Hippophae Rrhamnoides (sea buckthorn) contains essential nutrients that aid with cell regeneration, to help minimize wrinkles
- Rose Hip is an antioxidant, is full of vitamins ~ such as Vitamins A & C, lycopene (which is said to help reduce sun damage) ~ and essential fatty acids.
- Vanilla Bean contains vanillin which helps reduce blemishes as it is an antibacterial. Vanilla also contains several B vitamins ~ niacin, B6, thiamin, pantothenic acid ~ which are antioxidants that help combat free radicals, reversing skin damage and slowing down aging signs, such as fine lines, wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation.
You can see below the flecks of almond powder in the yellow/orange pack. These have a slight exfoliating effect when the mask is rinsed off. The green clay pack is very creamy and smooth. Both packs are pretty much odorless.
According to the directions, apply the green pack on the T zone, which is the forehead and nose and orange/yellow pack to the U zone, which is the cheeks and chin area. Since my T zone extends to the chin area, I will only apply the orange/yellow pack to my cheek area and upper lip, whereas the green pack will go on my forehead, nose and chin. I washed my face and then applied the packs on my face. It was fairly simple and easy to apply as both mask packs go on nice and smooth.
I waited 20 minutes and whereas the green clay was not completely dried out, I did feel it was time to remove it. I didn’t feel any itching or tightening feeling from the green clay mask, which is surprising. Most pore clay masks have a tendency to feel a bit itchy as they dry down. I did see the “oil spots” where my green clay had tried, so I know it had absorbed the excess oil. The orange/yellow side never dried out, which I expected as it is a moisturizing pack.
Left: Freshly applied BanBan pack. Right: After 20 minutes
When I was rinsing off the BanBan pack, I used this as an opportunity to use the textured orange/yellow pack as an exfoliator ~ I massaged that into my skin and then rinsed both packs off my face. I did notice that my T zone was clear and the pores looked smaller (temporary, I know), and my whole face felt moisturized, not dry or stripped clean.
T-zone Pore Pack (Green): Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Illite, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cetearyl Olivate, Glyceryl Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Montmorillonite, Green Tea Extract, Lemon Balm Leaf Extract, Applemint Leaf Extract, Tea Tree Extract, Broccoli Extract, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cellulose Gum, Allantoin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Mica, Disodium EDTA, Chromium Oxide Green, Skullcap Extract cosDNA.com analysis
U-zone Moisturizing Pack (Orange): Glycerin, Kaolin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sweet Almond Powder, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment Extract, Vanilla Bean Extract, Papaya Extract, Rose Hip Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetearyl Olivate, Coco–caprylate/caprate, Sorbitan Olivate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Skullcap Extract, Mica, Montmorillonite, Sodium acrylate/Sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80 cosDNA.com analysis
I do like this concept of purchasing a “BanBan” clay pack where one side focuses on the T zone and the other pack is for moisturizing, but still clarifies and exfoliates. Many times, I only put a clay pack on my T zone only, as it is too harsh on my cheeks, even though I have oily skin all over. BanBan worked great on my skin ~ it wasn’t irritating, nor did it dry out my skin and leave it feeling stripped from its natural oils. It did remove dirt and gunk in my pores, while reducing the excess oil and my face felt clean. Will I purchase again? Probably not, as even though it did a great job, I didn’t find it to be exceptional and I already own a lot of mask products (and will continue to purchase more, as I am addicted to them). However, the nice thing about getting this product is that you could save the tub and reuse it by putting in your own mask packs in the separated areas.
Where to Purchase
Memebox USA carries Gram BanBam Pack (click here to purchase) 130 gram tub for $24.00
Are you interested in trying out the BamBam mask pack? Are you intrigued by the concept of having an oil controlling pore pack on one side and a moisturizing product on the other? I think it is a cool concept and I hope to see more of these types of innovative products in the future.
Memebox USA Current Sales and Promos!
[ this blog post contains affiliate links ]
[ Products purchased by me. All opinions are my own and are unbiased ]