For my long time readers, they know I love The Yeon products. I actually requested many of them on TesterKorea and purchased them there, because there was no other online site that carried them. I’ve written reviews on The Yeon, three of them in fact ~ Edition 1, Edition 2 and Edition 3. Within the last couple of months, a few USA stores starting carrying The Yeon, including Memebox and they curated a box of their products. I hemmed and hawed over purchasing this, as I owned or have owned 3 of the items in the box, but in the end, I purchased it, as the repeat items are really nice and I would have repurchased them if they were easily available. Plus, one item that I have not tried has been on my Wish List for a while now! I love Hallabong skincare and The Yeon makes some nice Jeju Hallabong items. This box (click here) is still available at Memebox.
The YEON goes far beyond the norm of cosmetic products by igniting your beauty with its natural and trustworthy ingredients through a broad range of development and fundamental research. You’ll find skin nourishing goodies that not only deliver beautiful skin, but amazing scents from fruit and plant extracts.
My items didn’t come in a pink Memebox 😦
Jeju Hallabong Energy Heating Massage Deep Cleanse This is the product I REALLY want to try out. I think this would be great for when it is so cold outside (it is getting there) and use this as a nice facial treatment. I’ve tried their oil cleanser and I did like it, so I am really happy to have another deep cleaning item to try out from The Yeon. This product is both a cleanser and a massaging skincare item that also cleans clogged pores with heat. It warms up when you apply it and massage it into your skin. It has 5 functions ~ heating effect, deep cleansing, massage product, moisturizing and will revitalizes your skin. By massaging the heated product into your skin, it will open pores and help trap oil, dirt and dead skin cells and when you rinse this gel off your face, all of that debris will rinse away too! I did open this up and yes, it smells like Hallabong (mandarin orange).
- Hallabong (Mandarin Orange) has astringent and toning properties and are a great source of Vitamin C, which is known to improve and even out skin tone and texture. Vitamin C is also important to stimulate collagen, which helps with anti-aging. This product contains 20mg of Hallabong extracts.
- Tangerine Peel are rich in vitamin A & C, citric acid and beta-carotene, all which help firm your skin, refine your skin’s texture, combat free radicals due to its anti-oxidant properties. It also is an anti-septic, to help fight infections (like acne), removes debris from your skin and helps your cells rejuvenate.
- Green Tea is full of powerful anti-oxidants, due to its high concentration of polyphenols, green tea helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Coconut contains saturated fats, which keep the skin smooth and retain the moisture on skin, and over time, as these fats are penetrated under your skin, it will give your skin an even tone and reduce the appearance of pores. Three fatty acids ~ capric, caprylic and lauric acid ~ help protect your skin from microbial infections that can get into open wounds or even through your pores. Coconut oil also contains Vitamin E, which is essential of healthy skin ~ its growth, repair, smoothing and protecting. It also prevents premature aging and wrinkling of the skin, due to its antioxidant properties. Coconut oil is rich in proteins, keeping your skin healthy, vibrant, contribute to cellular health and tissue repair
- Cactus (Opuntia Ficus Indica) is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which help combat free radicals and repair damage to skin. It is also moisturizing.
- Grapefruit has an astringent properties to help tighten up your pores temporarily
Full Size 224g RV $18.00
Description: A unique deep cleanser that warms to open the pores for an ultimate cleansing that leaves the skin unbelievably smooth and radiant. Fused with coconut and cactus extracts, the cleanser leaves skin moisturized long after cleansing.
Directions: Apply evenly over face, avoiding the eyes, and gently massage using fingertips and palms. Focus on the more porous areas such as the nose and cheeks. Rinse off with lukewarm water first, then do a final rinse with cool water to help tighten the cleansed pores.
Ingredients: mineral oil, glycerin, dipropylene glycol, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, sucrose stearate, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, cardiospermum halicacabum flower/leaf/vine extract, echium plantagineum seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil unsaponifiables, octyldodecanol, camellia sinensis leaf extract, citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) fruit extract (20mg), citrus paradisi (grapefruit) fruit extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, cocos nucifera (coconut) fruit extract, opuntia ficus-indica extract, yellow 6 (CI 15985) cosDNA.com analysis
Jeju Hallabong Energy Mild All-in-One Serum Everyone who was a member of Memebox when it was Global/International last year seemed to have received this and it quickly became a favorite! This is a very hydrating serum and one reason why many loved it is the scent! Yep, tangerines! This box is focused on the Live Energy line, which features Hallabong, so they will all smell delightful. This is not sticky and it does take about a minute to absorb completely, but it really is hydrating. I didn’t notice any brightening when I used it, but I did enjoy this very much. Besides the Hallabong, this also has some nice ingredients
- Kiwi ~ Kiwis actually contain more Vitamin C than oranges, and this will help slow down the appearance of aging as well as repairing your skin. Vitamin C helps heal cuts and wounds, and prevents rough and dry skin. Kiwi extract will help soften your skin. Kiwi is also a great source of Vitamin E, which helps decrease facial lines and the depth of facial wrinkles and is also a major source of antioxidants, which help combat free radicals and reverse the damage caused by them.
- Broccoli ~ Broccoli is a superfood it not only contains antioxidants like beta-carotene and Vitamin C, it also has Vitamin B complex, Vitamin E ~ which creates radiant skin and shiny hair as it revives skin tissue, Vitamin A and K, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Amino Acids and Folic Acid (Vitamin B9). All of these vitamins help care for your skin and keep it glowing and healthy. Broccoli also contains glucoraphanin, a phytonutrient, which has been reported in reversing sun damage on your skin.
- Aloe Vera ~ Aloe Vera is a powerful moisturizer that doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily or greasy. It soothes, treats inflammation, helps speed up skin healing and also has a plethora of antioxidants ~ beta-carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which help improve your skin’s firmness and keeps your skin moist and hydrated. It also contains over 75 different nutritious ingredients, including minerals, enzymes, amino acids, salicylic acid and much more.
Full Size 100mL RV $21.50
Description: This all in one serum combines essence+emulsion+serum to provide serious moisture and nutrition. Formulated with Hallabong extracts that are known to be rich in vitamins that brighten up the skin for a healthy complexion.
Ingredients: purified water, butylene glycol, glycerin, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract, betaine, panthenol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Citratus (lemongrass) Extract, dimethicone, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer , PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, xanthan gum, disodium EDTA, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), phenoxyethanol, fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Jeju Hallabong Energy Cooling Sherbet Cream I am not sure why they call this a cooling sherbet, because I didn’t find it that cooling. What it is, however, is a very rich, moisturizing cream that smells …like tangerines! You guessed it! ahaha. I used this as a night pack, as it was too heavy for my oily skin as a day time cream, but if you have really dry skin, this could work as a day time cream. I also used it on my legs and arms, as I just loved the feel of this cream. I would have never repurchased this again from testerkorea, as the shipping costs are so expensive for this item, but I am glad to have another one of these and plus, who can resist a cute Hallabong container! I will repost my original review here
This is not an overly heavy moisturizer, but it is does have some slickness and weight to it that caused me to use this as a sleeping pack and not as a daytime moisturizer. The texture is almost like putting a thicker hand cream on your face ~ which could be due to the fact it has beeswax as its fifth ingredient. The texture is not unpleasant, but for me, it is too much for the daytime. If you have normal to dry skin, you probably could wear this as a daytime moisturizer.
This has, like most of the Hallabong line, a delightful tangerine/citrus scent. I did not notice any cooling properties, but I did like how smooth and soft my skin felt the next morning, which does mean that the claim that it absorbs and retains moisture is true. My face did not feel greasy nor did I experience any blemishes from using this cream for over a month. Did it perform wonders on my face? Well, no. This is a nice cream, but I will not be repurchasing it again, as I feel it is too hard to get and too pricey (with the added shipping costs) for what it delivers. It isn’t a bad facial cream, however. This not only has Hallabong, Lemongrass, Kiwi and some of the other ingredients I mentioned, but avocado too. Along with the beeswax, I feel this cream is more of an occlusive and can lock in moisture.
- Avocado Avocados are full of antioxidant carotenoids, such as alpha and beta caroten ~ and these antioxidants combat free radical and environmental damage and protect your skin from premature aging. It is also full of Vitamin C, which helps stimulate the production of collagen, which leads to firmer skin and Vitamin E, another powerful antioxidant, combating not only free radical damage, but protecting and reducing the effects of UVA and UVB sun exposure radiation. It also has an omega-9 fat, high oleic acid, which helps create a moisture barrier, making skin soft and moisturized, while regenerating damaged skin cells and reducing facial irritation and redness.
Full Size 100 mL RV $29.00
Description: This delightfully nourishing cream is rich in vitamins that moisturize and protect the skin. Formulated with Hallabong fruits such as kiwi, orange, lemongrass and avocado extracts which promote healthy and moisturized skin.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Citratus (lemongrass) Extract, Portulaca Oleracea extract, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, trehalose, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, disodium EDTA, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Jeju Hallabong Energy Moisture Hand Cream This hand cream reminds me a lot of Tony Moly’s Tangerine hand cream, but more convenient to carry around in your purse or car ~ not that I do not love the Tangerine container, but yeah, it doesn’t lend well for travel. I have used this before and I will repost my original review here
Anyway, this is a nice, tangerine scented hand cream. I compared it to the Tonymoly tangerine hand cream, and it is very similar in scent and the end result ~ the color is different and the texture is different (as well as the ingredients) but it is a medium weight hand cream, with the texture of custard, absorbs quickly and smells great. It doesn’t leave a greasy or oily residue behind as some hand creams tend to do. This is not a hand cream to use if you really need a deep hydrating treatment or night treatment. Will I purchase again? Once I run out of my 7,678 hand creams that I currently have, sure. I like the scent and the portability. Full Size 50mL RV $4.50
Description: This refreshing Hallabong-scented hand cream hydrates and nourishes dry hands.Vitamins from the Jeju Hallabong extracts protect the skin from dryness and locks in moisture with its fast-absorbing formula.
Ingredients: Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, cetearyl alcohol, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract (0.1%), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Citratus (lemongrass) Extract, Acetyl Glucosamine, Portulaca Oleracea extract, dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Beeswax, Caprylyl Glycol, xanthan gum, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, phenoxyethanol, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Yellow No. 4 (CI 19140) , Red No 504 (CI 14700) cosDNA.com analysis
No Smudge Eyeliner Pen This is the first makeup item from TheYeon that I have tried. It is not from their Hallabong line, so it does not, alas, smell like oranges. However, I love a liquid eyeliner pen, and this one is very much a no-smudge, no-budge eyeliner ~ Even after a shower, that eyeliner stayed on my hand! It does require you to gently shake it, not too hard or it might leak (?!?!?!?!), which is a huge design flaw there. I do like the fine brush end, as that allows me to go as thin or thick as I want to, and have a lot of control over the placement of this liner. Final thoughts ~ it is a black, liquid, works well, no smudge and I will use it. Very nice. Full Size .06g RV $13.00
I am pretty happy with this box, although I would have loved to see some other products besides the Hallabong (gasps, shocker, I know!!) The Yeon has other product lines that would have been interesting, but I do love the citrus goodness of these products (plus that SCENT!!) I cannot believe this box is still available! I would have thought that it would have sold out by now, because the value is pretty darn great. I paid $33.00, which included shipping, and received a Memebox value of $86.00. If you are on the fence, I would say get it. Lots of nice useful items in here, plus that classic tangerine scent. You can purchase it here If you are new to Memebox, you use my referral link here and get 20% off your first order of $25.00 or more! Free shipping off your order of $30 or more
Memebox Black Friday
You can keep up to date with me and also check out this teaser from Memebox ~ click here
- Memebox will have a category of select skincare and makeup items, some which will include their favorite sheet masks.
- For the first time, they are adding vault boxes to our Black Friday lineup. Vault boxes are large boxes full of some of their most popular products (16 products in each box). Two different vault boxes will be offered:
- K-beauty makeup
- K-beauty skincare and makeup
Both boxes will be steeply discounted from retail value at almost 60% off: the K-beauty skincare and makeup vault box, worth $363 retail, will be priced at $149, and the K-beauty makeup vault box, worth $195 retail, will be priced at $79.
- Year of masks bundle that includes 100 of their best masks at an even steeper discount, north of 70% off. Memebox will be selling the year of masks bundle for $79, a steal for what is worth $302 retail.
- Doorbusters will run for four days, with a new batch of products released every 12 hours. They will include some of our bestsellers at discounts up to 80% off. The first set of doorbuster items launches on Thursday 11/26 at 9PM PST. From Friday, 11/27 through Sunday 11/29, Memebox will be releasing new batches of doorbusters items every 24 hours starting on Friday 9AM PST
- Buy one get one free masks during our Black Friday promotion.
- Surprises on Cyber Monday!
Promos for December 2015
- Free shipping off your order of $30 or more
- If you are new to Memebox, you use my referral link here and get 20% off your first order of $25.00 or more!
- WELCOME for 15% off for your first purchase
- MAKEUPLOVE for 15% off any order (may not work all the time)
[ this blog contains affiliate links ]
[ promo images from us.memebox.com and websites linked in product name. Description in italics from memebox ]