Beautibi is fast gaining popularity as a fantastic alternative to Memebox ~ they are a Los Angeles based company and they are similar to Memebox, as that you pick the boxes you want to purchase and it is not on a monthly subscription. However, it differs from other K-Beauty boxes, as it isn’t just featuring Korean brands, but also Taiwanese and Japanese brands too. Every box I have purchased from Beautibi has been exceptional, both in curation and design.
Beautibi not only has box selections (click here to view current boxes), but also a shop as well that carries Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese brands. They do not yet ship their boxes internationally, but all of the store items can be purchased and shipped internationally at this time.
Pronounced, “Beauty + Be”, “bi” in Japanese means “beauty” and at Beautibi, we focus on not only being beautiful, but feeling beautiful by taking care of everything, inside out. Beautibi’s mission is to introduce the best skincare products from Asia and make it easily accessible to the rest of the world. We focus on the quality and effectiveness of every product before it is released to Beautibi users. We also want to make skincare and makeup affordable, so we are always looking for products that fit different lifestyles. We recommend patch testing products, as we know not everyone’s skin will react the same to every product.
Two new boxes were announced in the beginning of October ~ if you follow me on IG, I did repost those announcements ~ and they both featured the brand Ladykin. I have used Ladykin products before and really enjoyed them, so I knew I would get one of the boxes. I choose the Garden Masquerade because..well… snails. And lots of them. Also, as I don’t want to sound like I ONLY picked this because of the snails, was that the other selection had products that I knew I couldn’t use, due to rose ingredients. However, Twinkle at Twilight also looks amazing (see IG photo here, courtesy of @bijousmere)
Mystery’s counterpart could be a masquerade. What better way to enjoy a month all about concealment than with a masquerade? Unlike our Twinkle at Twilight beauty box, this box is a garden of bright and fun. Read the backstory to why I decided to use this theme for October. This box continues with items from Korean brand, LadyKin, but with all vitamins and goodness from fruits and flowers. This box has 6 items (Green Harmony Mask packs counts as 1) and mini item.
As usual, I received lots of samples, confetti (not shown, as it hid from me when I took these photos) and a coupon, which I will share with you at the end of my blog post. The beautiful and sturdy aqua box (just my favorite from all of my subs) contained so many items and even one item couldn’t fit inside the box!
Ladykin Phytoplan Broccoli Wrinkle Radiance Ampoule Oh WOW. I received this ampoule back a long time ago, when Memebox did some amazing theme boxes ~ it was the Superfood box and it was a massive winner among Memebox customers. I loved this ampoule ~ it is a creamy white serum that delivers intense treatment to your skin. The packaging on this bottle is beautiful ~ dark green glass with silver sleeve. I loathe broccoli as a food item, but this serum does not smell like broccoli and my face really loved it. This contains 75% of broccoli water and also contains extracts of almonds, blueberries, bamboo leaf, autumn squash, orange, raspberry, shea butter and more plant extracts, which are antioxidants that will repair free radical damage and prevent new damage. This contains hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate) which is an intensive moisturizing ingredient which bonds water to keep skin hydrated. It is a natural substance found in the human body and it made up of amino and uronic acids, and helps retain 100 to 1,000 times its own water weight in our skin cells.
Also contained in this ampoule are
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) ~ This is an excellent hydrating ingredient for your skin
- Glycerin helps with healing of wounds, is an humectant, sealing in moisture, maintains the skin’s water balance on an intercellular level, which makes the skin look healthy, moist (not dry and scaly), soft to touch, and is also an emollient, leaving your skin looking radiant and supple
- Niacinamide is a powerful antioxidant that acts as an anti-inflammatory, improves your skin elasticity, enhance the skin barrier function and also it helps to even out skin tone and reduce post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
You want to put this serum where your wrinkles and problem areas are the worst. This is chock full of great super food ingredients. I have several ampoules open right now, but this one is better suited for me in the wintertime, so it will be opened up when the snow hits the ground. It is very thick, full of moisturizing ingredients, so I use it as part of my night care routine. Full Size 50mL RV $24.00
Product Description: This product has broccoli extract that detoxifies problematic skin and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while turmeric extract helps to improve the skin radiance and tone
Ingredients: brassica oleracea italica (broccoli) extract, glycerin, butylene glycol, cyclomethicone dimethicone, niacinamide, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, sodium hyaluronate, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, bambusa vulgaris leaf extract, cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) fruit extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, vaccinium angustifolium (blueberry) fruit extract, rubus fruticosus (blackberry) fruit extract, euterpe oleracea fruit extract, betaine, panthenol, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, cetyl alcohol, sorbitan sesquioleate, polysorbate 60, tocopheryl acetate, xanthan gum, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-17, sclerotium gum, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, illicium verum (anise) fruit extract, adenosine, allantoin, fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Additional information (source)
Enriched ampoule greatly improves skin clarity and smooths lines and wrinkles with its complex blend of 18 different kinds of vegetable extracts. The mixture of superfoods, moisturizers and nutrient enriched extracts boosts skin health while promoting elasticity level and repairing skin damage. After cleansing and toning, spread a few drops of essence all over face and throat, tapping lightly for faster absorption.
- Broccoli Extract 75% – Containing not purified water but 75% of broccoli extract water, it helps to relieve the skin stress and provides vitamin, mineral, and moisture so that reduces itching from being dried.
- Contains 18 Kinds of Vegetable Extracts – It not only contains 5 kinds of superfood which are broccoli, Almond, Blueberry, autumn squash, and orange, but also has raspberry extract, Allantoin, Hyaluronic acid, Shea butter, etc in it, it helps the skin balance, resilience, and moisturizing. It also provides supple vitamin and nourishment, makes the skin vital and beautiful.
- Bamboo Leaf Extract – Containing Bamboo leaf extract, Korea patent registration No. 10-0639408, a cosmetic composition containing bamboo leaf extract that suppresses skin damage caused by UV and has a whitening effect.
- Dual Functional – Whitening and Anti-wrinkle effects.
- Containing Niacinamide and Adenosine, it is highly effective for Whitening and Anti-wrinkle.
- Free Mild Formula – Free paraben, Free synthetic pigment, free benzophenone, Free animal originated ingredient, Free mineral oil.
Ladykin Affinitic Snail Cream WOOT! Snails! This is so cute, big mama snail with her peach colored shell and I received two baby (mini) snails, as I ordered early. Normally, it would have been one mini snail. Why snail slime? Snail secretion extract will increase skin elasticity and increase firmness,while helping repair skin from blemishes, reducing acne and working to lighten hyper-pigmentation scarring. It really works for me and many others.
The Affinitic cream contains 80% snail secretion filtrate, and is supposed to lessens the appearance of wrinkles, whether they are deep or fine, due to anti-wrinkle ingredients of adenoisine and snail slime which will also keep your skin elastic and firm. The red rose wine and morning glory extracts will help lift and firm your skin, while protecting it from external damages. It will also soften skin and repair sun damaged skin because of the rosemary, chamomile, allantoin and tea tree ingredients, while moisturizing and soothing your skin with its herbs of lavender, peppermint and rosemary. This is free from parabens, synthetic pigments, mineral oil, benzophenone, and BHT.
Ingredients: Snail Secretion Filtrate (80%), Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Ethyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Panthenol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ipomoea Hederacea (morning glory) Callus Culture Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) extract, Chamomilla Recutita (matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (peppermint) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (tea tree) Extract, Rose Extract, Wine Extract, Sucrose, Mineral Salts, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Xanthan Gum, Sclerotium Gum, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Adenosine, Allantoin, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
The peach mini is the same as the big mamma, but the Red Mini Snail is the Affinitic Whitening Moisturizer (Yam Cream) Beautibi sells this one and this one is more to my liking, as it doesn’t contain rose water (highly allergic to rose). This is a gel cream, clear and I am going to be ordering it from Beautibi myself. What is very interesting to me is that Yam extracts are supposed to be just as effective as snail secretion filtrate, so for those who have issues with putting snail slime on their face (I personally do not!), this might be a good substitute ingredient to look for.
Description: Moisture enriched cream keeps skin soft, smooth and supple by enveloping it in a protective water veil that seals in moisture and blocks out irritants. The active ingredient of yam is proven to be equally effective as snail mucin in repairing skin damage and boosting the natural protective layer. The nourishing blend of bamboo leaf, green tea, hinoki cypress and pine needle extracts then serve to purify and brighten complexion for a noticeable improvement in skin health. (source)
- Effects of Clean, Dewy, Moist-full Yams!
- Plant-based ingredients obtained from yams similar to snail secretion filtrate!
- Prevents dry, rough skin by protecting it from external environment and forming a water veil on the skin surface.
- Keeps the skin soft, smooth and shiny by preventing or improving damaged skin.
- Bamboo leaf extract, as a skin whitening agent, keeps the skin healthy bright, clean and clear from the inside out.
- Extracts of green tea, hinoki cypress and pine needle are effective for purifying the skin and tightening enlarged pores.
- Yam extract, as a natural moisturizer, replenishes brittle, rough skin with sufficient moisture.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Dioscorea Japonica (yam) Root Extract, Betaine, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Chamaecyparis Obtusa (hinoki cypress) Leaf Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf Extract, Pinus Densiflora (Japanese red pine) Leaf Extract, Beta-Glucan, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
I took a look at the ingredients and because the Affinitic Snail Cream contains rose water, I am going to give the big mama to my mother ~ only because I just converted her to snail creams! I just visited her on my vacation ~ she lives over 800 miles away ~ and due to health issues and age, her skin is so paper thin, very dry, bruises and cuts easily and heals so slowly. Plus she scabs horribly. I told her about snail cream and gave her the Mizon All in One Snail Repair tube that I received in one of my Beautibi boxes, and she gave me “the look”. Snails? On her face? I then pulled up the Marie Claire article online to show her how great this cream is and she was like, well, I will try it on my legs first ~ believe me, her legs are so painful to look at and I cannot imagine what it must feel like for her. She calls me up the other day, all excited, wanting to know where she can get MOAR snail cream! She was all chatter-boxy, telling me how it sped up the healing time on her bruises and cuts and the scab on her face is all healed! So, I did purchase her a couple of the big jars, but the lovely members at /r/AsianBeauty suggested that I make my mom a Snail Gift Basket. So, this baby will be the first item in there! Any suggestions about snail products that aren’t scented, suitable for dry and sensitive skin? Please let me know in the comments below!
What to do with your empty snails? Make them into flower pots!
Full Size 100 mL RV $18.00 + 2 baby snails @ 5 mL each RV $10.00
Ladykin At the Party Eye Stick in Khaki The card states the color is random, but Beautibi said that was a typo and instead of the Gumiho eye shadow, I received an eye stick in the shade Khaki (green…garden ~ get it?) This is a very pale green, shimmering. For me, I would layer this with a darker shade, using this as the base and then smoke out the edges with a darker shade. I wasn’t sure about the color, as when I think of Khaki, I think of more of a lighter olive shade, but this is really nice. Long lasting too. It is made with red wine and vitamin E to help keep your skin moisturized and pearl powder for the shimmer. Full Size 1.4 g $12.00
Ladykin Blossom Blush in 05 Luna Reddish I find this to be more a coral-red shade on my skin tone, but I do like corals as blushes, so I don’t mind. I swatched it pretty heavily as it does go on light, with a slight shimmer, and it can be built up if you like darker blush or have darker skin tones. Really pretty and I love the name ~ Luna Reddish. Sounds like it belongs in the Twinkle at Twilight box (Luna = moon) Full Size 8 g RV $15.00
Green Harmony Mask Pack Unlike some beauty boxes (*cough*memebox*beauteque*cough*), Beautibi includes all four of the mask packs in the series, counting it as one item, not four separate items. I am sad that I cannot find the ingredients list anywhere out on the web ~ I looked at Ladykin’s home site, KoreanQueens, and Yesstyle, and no ingredients to be found! Maybe these are new items, because if they were old, I would have found something out there. Well, Ladykin does seem to put the primary ingredient upfront in their ingredient list, so I will give a brief overview of the featured ingredient. These are wash off mask packs and normally you would apply, leave on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. However, these mask packs can be used as a sleep pack if you have dry skin or need extra care. Ladykin states that they do not use parabens or synthetic colors and use high-quality and eco-friendly ingredients. They also use fruit oils quite a bit which help keep your skin soft and moisturized. 4 mask packs 10 mL each RV $12.00
- Pumpkin: Moisturize & Hydration. Pumpkin is rich in nutrients and vitamins, such as Vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps repair and reverse free radical skin damage and Vitamin A, soothing and softens your skin. Pumpkin contains natural enzymes to help remove dead skin cells, which will result in brighter and clearer skin, unclogging your pores. Pumpkin also has Vitamin E and torulitine, which will help blemishes by their anti-inflammatory properties, controlling excess sebum, and preventing new blemishes from appearing.
- Pear: Improve Skin Tone. Pear extracts really help with anti-aging and you don’t see a lot of skincare products with this extract (at least I don’t!) Pears are rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant, as well as vitamin K and copper ~ these 3 compounds can fight free radicals and protect our skin, while toning and reversing the damage. It helps with oily skin, reducing the excess production of oil as well as preventing and healing acne. Pears are also natural humectants, which means they not only are moisturizing, they attract moisture and trap it in your skin, keeping your face fresh and hydrated.
- Chrysanthemum: Relax Skin Chrysanthemum has many health propreties when taken internally and it does have some topical skincare benefits as well. Due it high concentration of Vitamin A, it can help skin problems like sores, irritation, allergic rashes. It also has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties as well.
- Blueberry: Increase skin elasticity Blueberries are rich in Vitamins A, B and C and those antioxidants and phytochemicals will help combat free radicals and help reverse damaged skin. It will also help with strengthing blood vessels and help repair broken capillaries. Blueberies are also help with acne problems, tones and firms the skin and is fantastic as an anti-aging ingredient.
L’Herboflore Lavender Moisturizing Mask I don’t care for a lot of florals, but Lavender is one scent I adore. I think because I view it as an herb, not a flower :D I love L’Herboflore masks and while they are pricey, they are a treat to have. I have a growing collection of these wonderful masks from Beautibi, because every time I shop there, I add in one of the L’Herboflore masks. I love the feel of them on my face, the scent and these masks are soaked with essence. This not only has the relaxing and healing lavender oil, but soothing plant extracts like aloe vera and cucumber, plus moisturizing sodium hyaluronate and glycerin and tons of essential amino acids ~ Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine ~ all which help nourish the skin and strengthen the connective tissues ~ keeping skin smooth, soft and elastic. Full Size RV $6.00
Description: Specially hand picked French lavender has a fragrance that soothes emotions, and effectively balance the oil of skin, purify skin, soothe skin discomfort and restore skin balance. Sodium Hyaluronate, Chamomile Extract and Proline can moisturize and repair skin, improve roughness of skin and smooth wrinkles.
Ingredients: Aqua (water), Aloe Barbademis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita (matricaria) Flower Extract, Chondrus Crispus (carrageenan), Sodium Lactate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, PCA, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Saccharide Isomerate, Allantoin, Trehalose, Mannitol, Sodium Citrate, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-15, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isopropyl Alchohol,Cellulose, Triethanolamine, Hyaluronic Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Acetate cosDNA.com analysis
I am really happy with my Garden Masquerade Box and I do think that Jennifer @ Beautibi really outdid herself on this curation. It is perfection! I paid for my box and I don’t get special treatment because I have a blog, so when I gush about something, it is the real-deal! From the beloved and yearned for broccoli ampoule, to the cute snail creams, the lovely soft makeup ~ very fresh looking ~ cool wash off packs and a wonderful lavender mask, Beautibi really got the Garden theme beautifully. I can tell she put a lot of thought in it, even choosing the green eye shadow to remind us of “green gardens”. I do think this is a really good deal for $45.00 + $6.00 shipping and I received a value of $95.00, as I got an extra snail.
This box is currently sold out, but Jennifer is looking to restock it if there is a high demand, so contact Beautibi if you are interested ~ and let them know you read about this box at Unboxing Beauty! Beautibi has several boxes on sale right now, as well as new products in their shop. If you purchase $50.00 or more at their site, you can use promo code FALLIN2HAPPINESS which is a 15% coupon. It expires on 10/31/2015.
Where you lucky enough to get this box? What do you think of it?
[ descriptions in italics from beautibi.com and linked product sites ]