I have a secret that I have held onto for a year now and it is that My Scheming Mint Collagen Soothing Facial Sheet masks are one of my absolute favorite sheet masks out there. I haven’t said anything, because they aren’t easy to find ~ I first purchased them on yesstyle.com and then they stopped carrying them. Then I found them on eBay, with several stores carrying them there. Now, it is down to one store. I have no idea if these masks are being discontinued or not ~ they currently are on My Scheming’s online site.
My fear is that they won’t make them anymore, so I have been holding back from saying anything about these masks as I WANT THEM ALL. But after a year of silence, I decided to talk about them, as I do love them so much and they are a staple now during the summer months for me ~ and I have to share it with you!
My Scheming is a Taiwanese company and they make a variety of facial products and I do want to try other varieties of their sheet masks, such as Puli Ginjo Sake Kasu, Herbal Anti-Acne, Deep Ocean Water, Sakura Lighting and Skin Clarifying Astringent masks, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. My Scheming has over 40 different facial beauty masks and is popular in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia. Hopefully, they will gain in popularity like My Beauty Diary did throughout the world.
These masks come with a plastic cover (which I have learned is called a “pearl paper”) which you can use to help place the cotton sheet mask on your face, and then you peel off the plastic cover. The mask is soaked in essence ~ in fact, it will be dripping off your face, that is how much there is!
The cotton mask is not thick, and holds the essence quite well. The mask adheres to my face nicely and fits my face shape pretty well, except around the nose ~ they make the nose piece too small (and I do not have a big nose!!) I immediately feel how cooling this mint mask is on my face as well as smell the mint right away. For a much cooler experience, I store my masks in the refrigerator ~ it is like putting a mint ice cube on my face and is so refreshing.
If your skin cannot handle mint extract, you should not use this mask ~ for some people, it is an irritant. I do not believe in one-size-fits-all and everyone has different reactions to ingredients and with that said ~ not all people have this issue with mint and for those of us who do not have issues with mint extracts, it has some great properties, such as pore tightening, soothe skin by relieving any itching and cools skin. When I ran the ingredient list thru cosDNA.com, it came back with only one acne trigger and that one ingredient rated very low on the scale!
After I remove the mask, my face is very smooth and still cool to the touch. Even after an hour, with all of the essence absorbed into my skin, I can feel how soft and supple my skin is and my face is not oily or greasy and my skin tone is visibly brighter (although that is temporary). Another bonus is that any redness caused from rashes or blemishes is diminished greatly for me ~ it really does soothe my skin and it also seems to help with healing any blemishes quickly. I also love this mask, because of the cooling effect it has on my face ~ during the summer time, it is really refreshing. If you are going thru peri-menopause or are menopausal, I can see these being very beneficial to help cool down while taking care of your skincare needs 🙂 Some women start peri-menopause very early, in their 30’s and it may take years before those symptoms go away.
Some key ingredients
- Algae~ seaweed will condition and hydrate your skin, while softening and detoxing. It is rich in essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which will protect your skin from free radical damage. It also will help increase skin cell regeneration and elastin, as it contains alguronic acid.
- Fagus Sylvatica (beech) ~ helps with firming skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is rich in peptides, which smooth the texture of your skin, while moisturizing. bud extract
- Morus Alba Leaf (mulberry) ~ rich in antioxidants, this extract helps slow down aging process, by combating free radicals, removing dead skin cells. It is also known for its brightening properties (arbutin) , which will reduce the appearance of spots caused by hyper-pigmentation.
- Fomes Officinalis (mushroom) ~ a skin conditioner that helps tighten (reduce the appearance) of pores.
- Dipotassium Glycrrhizate (licorice) ~ reduces flakiness in skin, anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory which soothes skin, reduces redness. It also is a skin lightener and brightener, preventing hyper-pigmentation
- Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) ~ is an intensive moisturizing ingredient which bonds water to keep skin hydrated. It is a natural substance found in the human body and it made up of amino and uronic acids, and helps retain 100 to 1,000 times its own water weight in our skin cells.
- Mentha Aquatica (watermint) ~ helps soften skin, reduce itching due to dry, rough and problem skin. It is also an astringent and cools skin to relieve strings and bites. It’s fresh scent helps “wake up” your senses and makes you feel alert.
- Collagen ~ Deeply moisturizes the skin.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein ~ helps retain water and moisture in your skin and helps minimize wrinkles and fine lines and has anti-aging properties.
- Zinc Sulfate~ due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is used to treat acne, as it helps speed up wound healing.
Description: My Scheming Mint Collagen Mask containing menthol extract from plants with a cool effect. And the collagen promoted the enhancement of skin elasticity, prevent aging problem, so that the skin can return to healthy skin. Mint oil extracted from mint with a cool scent is effective in making one feel refreshed. The mask’s advanced moisturizing properties prevent dryness, coarseness and aging. It improves and renews skin cells. Collagen improves skin elasticity and moisturizes, providing you healthy, shiny skin
Directions for use: After cleansing, remove pearl paper and place the mask over your face. Press it lightly onto your face. Leave on for about 15-20 minutes. Remove the mask. Pat and leave for essence absorption.
Ingredients: butylene glycol, xanthan gum, zinc sulfate, algae extract, fagus sylvatica (beech tree) bud extract, morus alba (mulberry) leaf extract, fomes officinalis (mushroom) extract, hydroxyethyl soribitol, propylene gylcol, ceteth-20, dipotassium glycyrrhizate (licorice), sodium PCA, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium hyaluronate, mentha aquatica (watermint) extract, collagen, hydrolyzed wheat protein, hydroxyethyl urea, glycerin, methylparaben, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, methylisothiazolinone, water cosDNA.com analysis
Have you tried any My Scheming facial sheet masks? What are your favorites? I really love this particular one from them and want to try other types, as my experience with them has been fantastic!
[ description in italics from scheming.com.tw ]