I have a WINNER!! Check your email🙂
I am so excited to bring you my first ever (and probably only!! haha I don’t have that many readers so other big companies just ignore me!!) curated collection in collaboration with Beauteque! I came in second in the Curate-A-Collection contest from Beauteque earlier this year. I have tried all of the products personally and I can recommend them. This was a collaboration, so you might be asking “couldn’t she have added this product or this one in here?” Well, I could, but there is no guarantee that I would be able to get it! I had a ton of items that I suggested and recommended, and these were the ones that made the final cut. A collaboration doesn’t mean I get everything I want! However, I can say that all of the products in here were picked by me and not by Beauteque, so I did get the final say in that. I also, through some help from my friends, picked the name of this collection ~ The Fresh Citrus Fix🙂
Why did I pick Citrus? Because of my own personal needs and experiences with citrus fruit extracts and Vitamin C. I have hyper-pigmentation issues, from the years that I spent outside when I was younger and I didn’t wear a lot of sunscreen. Why didn’t I wear a lot of sunscreen? Well, I would apply it ~ once. In the morning. Then ignore reapplying it. Plus, I only wore it on the days that I knew I would be outside a lot, not everyday, as sunscreens had a bad habit of clogging up my pores, making me break out and not helping with my oily skin. Citrus helps me brighten and even out my skin tone without causing blemishes and bringing balance to the moisture-oil content in my skin, controlling my sebum production.
Tony Moly I’m Real Lemon Brightening Facial Sheet Mask Tonymoly is a brand that K-Beauty fans will recognize and this facial sheet mask, soaked in lemon skin-brightening essence, will even out your skin tone while rejuvenating and hydrating your face! Plus it has a lovely lemony scent as well. Some of the ingredients in this mask include:
- Glycerin ~ An humectant that attracts water to hydrate the skin.
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) ~ This is an excellent hydrating ingredient for your skin
- Allantoin ~ This skin protecting ingredient helps calm and soothe irritation
- Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract ~ Lemon is a natural source of Vitamin C and the antioxidants bioflavonoids. It helps protect your skin against UV damage and is also an anti-inflammatory.
- Acerola ~ Acerola is a tropical cherry and contains powerful antioxidants as well as skin lightening properties.
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice Root Extract) ~ Soothes and calms the skin, while acting as an anti-inflammatory and also reduces hyper-pigmentation.
- Anise ~ Star Anise contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and also anti-fungal properties
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Glycereth-26, Panthenol, Bis-Ethoxydiglycol Succinate, Allantoin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Tromethamine, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Hanaka Macaron Facial Mask ~ Vitamin C How cute is this lemony-yellow macaron! Hanaka is a Taiwanese company and they make a whole series of these macaron facial masks. This is a vitamin C, skin brightening and anti-aging wash off face mask, good for one use. This is a clear gel-texture mask and moisturizes, brightens and softens your skin. I love to use wash off masks during my Sunday Spa Night. Just open up the macaron and apply the gel to your face in an even manner. Rinse off with warm water after 15 to 20 minutes. I purchased the whole set of these macarons and they are a lot of fun! Unboxing Beauty Tip: For a more refreshing and cooling experience, place your Hanaka Macaron in the frig for about an hour before using. I also like to save these little macaron containers, as they are very handy to put my smaller earrings in (studs, small hoops) when I take my earrings off at night. Value $3.90
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) ~ this is an antioxidant vitamin that is essential for tissue growth, repair and collagen production. It is one of the best anti-aging ingredients, as it does combat free radicals.
- Tranexamic Acid ~ A synthetic amino acid derived from lysine, this ingredient is one of the more powerful topical ingredients to reduce hyper-pigmentation. It is also extra gentle, non-irritant, reduces melanin (dark spots), an anti-inflammatory and is safe for all skin types.
Ingredients: water, carbopol, ascorbic acid, tranexamic acid, Barbados cherry extract, glycryrrhizic acid, hyaluronic acid, cranberry extract, phenoxyethanol, fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
Mizon Refresh Time Grapefruit Body Wash Talk about smelling great! Mizon is internationally renowned for great products and this refreshing body wash in a pink grapefruit scent also contains Vitamin C, cleansing your body and invigorating your senses! I use body washes, go through them quickly and this is a very nice size ~ very big and this product really smells just like fresh grapefruit. I always have a hard time finding this particular body wash online and it is very heavy to ship from Korea, so I am pleased that I could offer this to you in my collection.
Grapefruit is full of Vitamin C and this is also a very moisturizing body wash. This gel contains extracts of lemon, orange, rice bran, green tea, pomegranate, aloe vera, honey and also has hyaluronic acid, olive oil, jojoba oil. The lemon, orange and rice bran extracts are reported to make the skin brighter; hyalounic acid, honey extract, olive oil and jojoba oil will moisture your skin. Aloe Vera will soften your skin, and the green tea and pomegranate extracts will exfoliate dead skin cells and refine your skin texture. Full Size 200 mL Value $19.00
Lemon extract comprises vitamins, sugars, citric acid and ascorbic acid promotes energy metabolism in the skin to stimulate the synthesis of collagen. Tightens pores, stimulates the immune system of the skin. Has a refreshing effect on the skin.
Pomegranate extract stimulates the formation of aquaporins (water channels active transport – play a crucial role in maintaining the optimal amount of moisture in the skin) has anti-inflammatory activity, accelerates the regeneration, tissue healing; has antioxidant potential, reduces transepidermal moisture loss skin, restoring its barrier properties.
Tangerine extract is rich in beta-carotene, vitamin C and citric acid. Restores the protective function of the skin and also helps compensate for a deficiency of vitamins and in addition increases the reducing properties of the cells on dry skin areas. Has a tonic effect, preventing sagging skin.
Ingredients: water, glycerin, cocomidopropyl betaine, lauric acid, potassium hydroxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, miristic acid, citric acid, grapefruit extract, benzophenone-5, sodium hyaluronate, beta-glucan, butylene glycol, lemon extract, orange extract, green tea extract, pomegranate extract, rice bran extract, olive oil, jojoba seed oil, honey extract, aloe vera leaf juice extract, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, CI 15985, fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
image from https://www.tokopedia.com/koreanseukinkeeo/mizon-refresh-time-body-wash-200ml-cherry-blossom-green-tea-grapefruit
Nature Republic Lemon Foot Peeling Mask I am so pleased to have this foot peeling mask in my collection for you! I’ve written a review on them before and they are, for me, the best foot peeling masks out there. I have tough feet and Nature Republic’s Lemon Foot Peeling masks work wonders on my feet.
What are foot peeling masks, some of you might be asking? Well, these are masks that you leave on your feet for 90 minutes to 2 hours ~ prepare to relax and not move around too much ~ and what will happen in 4-10 days, depending on how tough your feet are, the hard, callused dead skin on the bottom of your feet will peel off, revealing the baby smooth skin beneath it. My feet are tough customers, so it usually takes about 8 – 9 days before I see any peeling action and it doesn’t come off in one big sheet. However, with Nature Republic’s Lemon masks, my dead skin does come off and very nicely too! It was very difficult to find these masks online in the USA ~ I’ve always ordered them in the past from Korean online shops ~ but now, Beauteque carries them! This is great news for me, as I don’t have to wait 3-4 weeks for my foot peeling masks to arrive. I think once I requested this for my bag, they started to stock them in their store🙂 One pair Value $5.00
Ingredients: alcohol, water, propylene glycol, lactic acid, isopropyl alcohol, urea, glycolic acid, betaine, anthemis nobilis flower extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, citrus dulcis (orange) fruit extract, triclosan, salicylic acid, menthol, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, disodium EDTA, sea water, fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
How I use them ~ first, I soak and scrub my feet for about 5 minutes to prep them. I then put on the booties after cutting them open. Word of warning here ~ these are the most temperamental foot peeling booties I have used. They split open in areas they shouldn’t and they are hard to keep on my feet. If they didn’t work so darn well, I wouldn’t bother, but because they are magic for my feet, I just put on some thick cotton socks over them and that keeps the booties in place. Your feet will feel weird, as these booties are crinkly plastic, with a cotton liner inside with all of the peeling essence. Just sit down and read a book, knit, play games, watch TV, text your friends, whatever ~ and don’t move around to much.
After the allotted time has passed ~ I usually keep them on for 2 hours, hobble over to the bathroom and take off your booties in the tub or shower. Then rinse your feet well!! Get all of that essence off your feet. I then add a moisturizing foot cream and put on a new pair of cotton socks. I do this treatment at night, so I don’t have to deal with going outside afterwards.
Every day, I scrub my feet with a foot scrubber in the shower and then put on a moisturizer, like I normally do. This will also speed up the peeling processes. At some point, within 4 – 10 days, you will notice the skin on your feet beginning to peel. Disgusting, but that is what you wanted, right? Just peel it away gently ~ do not force it. If it doesn’t want to come off, just soak your feet, scrub them and wait another day ~ it will come off, but takes time. I also noticed with Nature Republic’s Lemon Foot Peeling mask that my calluses will get really, really soft after a shower and I can actually take my fingernail and scrape the skin off, but I just grab a good foot scrubber and use that to really remove that softened dead skin.
Urban Dollkiss/Baviphat Lemon Whitening Sleeping Pack Your skin needs to heal and repair itself overnight and what better way to do so with this Kawaii sleeping pack from Baviphat, which I like to call Baby Phat. Baviphat is not as well known as other brands, but it is a top notch brand and I love their products. It looks like they have added Urban Dollkiss to their name and also put this cute Lemon sleeping pack in a sleek silver box. This sleeping pack will help brighten your skin tone and hydrate and nourish your skin while you sleep. This contains 100 mg of lemon fruit extract.
This is potent stuff, so only use 2-3 times weekly and alternate with another sleeping pack. This is a lighter weight sleeping pack, you can see that it is almost runny, but not quite, gel. I feel that this sleeping pack is best suited for those with oily and normal to oily skin types, as drier skin types may not find this moisturizing enough for their needs. This gel has a very subtle sugar-lemon scent, very pleasant, and it is perfect for the warmer months, as it is not heavy and it is not sticky. It absorbs fairly quickly, within several minutes, so there is no sticky feeling on your pillow! I found that my face looks brightened, refreshed and soft in the mornings when I use this. Full Size 100 mL Value $20.99
To use a sleeping pack, you would follow your normal skin care routine ~ cleanse, toner, serum and/or ampoule, essence and/or moisturizer ~ and then apply the sleeping pack. After applying the sleeping pack, you can add any spot treatments. A sleeping pack will lock in all of the previous skin care items into your skin and acts like a protective barrier, while also imparting its own skin care benefits.
Other Key Ingredients:
- Glycerin ~ This ingredient moisturizes and hydrates the skin, leaving your face feeling smooth and soft.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) ~ This is a powerful antioxidant that acts as an anti-inflammatory, improves your skin elasticity, enhance the skin barrier function and also it helps to even out skin tone and reduce post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
- Betaine ~ superior for its intense moisturization and hydration properties, without the stickiness, and also reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while attracting moisture (humectancy) and relieving skin irritation.
- Allantoin ~ Known for healing, soothing and softening skin, it also helps remove cracked and chapped skin, leaving behind healthy looking skin.
- Arginine ~ This is an amino acid that promotes healing and detoxes your skin. It also helps guard against the formation of wrinkles and loss of skin firmness.
Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane,Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Niacinamide, Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Carbomer, Arginine, Fragrance, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (100 mg), Portulaca Oleracea extract, Centella Asiatica extract, Yellow 5 (CI 19140) cosDNA.com analysis
image from http://www.urbandollkiss.com/shop/product/product_detail.php?catCode=002000020006&productID=19
This collection contains items for day to night, from your face to your feet! I hope you will enjoy it and you can purchase The Fresh Citrus Fix Collection at Beauteque.com for $28.00 plus shipping/handling. Beauteque does ship internationally to Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore. I would like to thank Beauteque for giving me the opportunity to curate a collection and it was an experience! Caitlin at Beauteque was very helpful and patient with all of my demands and needs. I wanted to add so much more in this bag, but then the price would have been really expensive. Maybe Beauteque will take some of my other product suggestions and do a “Fresh Citrus Fix” sequel🙂
My collection’s Beauteque Value is $50.88 and you can find a couple of the products cheaper elsewhere ~ however, when shipping is added, it seems to even it out. I hope you will enjoy using the products in this collection as much as I enjoyed picking them out for you! Just so everyone knows, I receive no money or any type of commission from the sale of this bag.
Just a Reminder: Not everyone can tolerate citrus fruit extracts. For some people, especially those who suffer from rosacea, this ingredient is a trigger. However, I do not have sensitive skin or rosacea, so I have never experienced any negative side effects from using these products. Citrus fruit extracts are not to be thrown raw onto your face, but are carefully formulated with other ingredients to ensure that your skin will reap the best benefits it has to offer. As always, anytime you use either citrus or vitamin C products, you must wear a sunscreen and always do a patch test on your skin first.
Yes, I do!! Thank you, Obi, for taking credit for my giveaway :D I purchased this collection for my readers, because I am really excited about the products I chose and want to share the love! This giveaway is open to USA and any country that the USPS ships too.
What you need to do to enter
- Use the Entry Link below to enter via Rafflecoper. This will open a new page with the entry form. This is legit as my copy of wordpress does not allow me to embed the entry form directly into my blog.
- All entries will be verified and anyone who has multiple accounts will be disqualified.
- Qualified entry will then be randomly drawn.
- I will notify the winner within 24 hours of the contest close. The winner will have 36 hours from then to contact me with the following information: their full name and mailing address as it should be addressed for their country
- If the winner does not contact me within 36 hours, another winner will be selected and the original entry is null and void
What you need to know
beautyfindsforme is me 🙂
By entering, you are agreeing to all of the following items:
- beautyfindsforme is not responsible for damages due to shipping, lost, stolen packages or any other issues. Once the parcel is mailed out, it is out of my hands.
- Once beautyfindsforme has the winner’s information, beautyfindsforme will ship it out and give the winner a tracking number (if applicable)
- The winner is responsible for verifying the products and their contents and to determine the suitability of those products for their own needs. beautyfindsforme is not responsible for the actual products and ingredients.
- This is an international giveaway. beautyfindsforme will pay for shipping and your country must be one that the USPS (United States Postal Service) ships to. Please check their site to see if they ship to your country.
- The winner is responsible for any custom and/or import duties in their country. beautyfindsforme is not responsible for those fees.
- You must be 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in your own country), or must have the express permission of a parent or legal guardian to enter and receive the prize.
- Please ~ would love it if you would post photos of your prize on IG and/or Facebook so people know where you got these great products! And that I am legit in offering giveways!
To Enter, Click on the below image and follow the instructions! This contest will end on July 27, 2015. Some of the entries you can do daily, so enter more often for a greater chance to win! Fruit not included😉
I also have another giveaway that will end on July 23rd, and you can enter here.
[ these products are complementary for review purposes. All opinions are my own ]
[ descriptions in italics are from linked website ]