Back in March, Wet Shave Club announced a Ladies box of their monthly subscription and the first month was 50% off the box price. I signed up for 3 months and this is my 2nd box with them.
About Wet Shave Club
- Your first box includes a classic safety razor, brush, blades, soaps and more
- Your second box onwards includes aftershaves, soap, blades, and more
- New member boxes ship same week
- Shipping is on the house inside the United States, $5.99 to Canada, and $13.99 internationally
- Check our social media for upcoming soaps and aftershaves
- Cancel or skip a box anytime! No hassle!
They have several plans
- Monthly: $29.00 per box
- 3 Month: $26.00 per box
- 6 Month: $24.00 per box
- 12 Month: $22.00 per box
My box came neatly packaged in a brown cardboard box with the Wet Shave Club Logo on the top. Let’s see what I received!
This month had no informational card, and it was missing one item ~ I did reach out to Wet Shave Club and they did send out the missing item quickly ~ I received it in 2 days. Based on what I received, I can assume that the theme is Honey-Oatmeal. From left to right, I received the following items
Genuine Light Leather Sheath This was the missing item and at first, I wasn’t sure what this was for. I figured it out ~ it is for the razor we received last month. This is a cover that you slide over the razor head to keep it protected. Nice! I never knew that such a thing existed! WSC is saying this retails for $20.00, but you can purchase it at their site for $11.99
Description: Protect your double edged razor with these genuine leather sheaths. These are just what you need to extend the life of your product and protect your razor against bumps and falls. Included is one light leather sheath.
Red Leaf Soap & Shave Cube in Oatmeal, Milk & Honey This is a beautiful clear-ish soap that you use to help shave. Just use your brush to lather and apply. This is a warm sweet scent and smells just like honey to me. This soap is vegan and will last a long time. Deluxe Size 1.5 oz Value $2.67
Description: An easy to use long lasting shaving soap in a chunky, easy to hold cube shape. One of Red Leafs most popular products. The #1 ingredient is coconut oil with a generous amount of glycerin, and they last for months. The lather is rich & creamy and softens hair stubble quickly while providing outstanding razor slip. It’s a really smooth shave! The chunky cube shape is easy to hold even when wet, and can be applied directly to your skin. I use this cube almost daily and I think it’s best used right after a hot shower. I apply it directly to my wet beard and make a thick lather using my wet hands and finger tips. It’s a fast and easy way to lather up for a great shave. When your done, a quick rinse of the cube and storage in a dry place is all you need to make your cube last for months.
Ingredients: coconut oil, sustainable palm oil, castor oil, safflower oil, vegetable glycerin, purified water, sodium hydroxide, sorbitan, oleate soybean protein, wheat protein, fragrance
Seasons of Love Gifts Oatmeal Cookie Sugar Scrub This scrub is from an etsy shop (yeah!) and really does smell like a sugary oatmeal cookie :) I love the texture of this scrub, it is not hard and it really does feel gentle, but is effective in exfoliating. This product contains no dyes, chemicals or parabens and is 100% natural! Deluxe Size 2 oz Value $3.50
Description: All season can be tough on our skin and it can become dry, itchy, and flaky. Seasons of Love, natural sugar scrubs are a perfect blend of ingredients to keep your skin nourished and healthy throughout the year by removing dead layers of skin and restoring the moisture and nutrients our skin needs to glow without all of the harmful chemicals found in most beauty products.
Ingredients: sugar, organic coconut oil, organic shea butter, grapeseed oil, organic vitamin E oil, organic honey, cinnamon, ground oats, essential oils
- Organic Coconut Oil: is rich in fatty acids, the fatty acids have disinfectant and anti-microbial properties. Coconut oil can help to cure and prevent acne by encouraging a pH balance that allows one’s natural oils to combat infection. Coconut oil is high in vitamin E, which is known for its skin healing properties. Coconut oil has been found to have sun-protective properties. It offers moderate sun protection and is soothing to the skin after too much sun
- Organic Unrefined Shea Butter: comes from the Shea-Karite tree in Africa and has been used for centuries to moisturize and protect skin and hair. Unrefined Shea butter contains vitamins A, E and F, which help maintain the skin and keep it clear. Vitamin F also protects the skin from the elements and acts as natural sunscreen. Unrefined Shea butter is the perfect Moisturizer for extremely dry and cracked skin and is useful for skin ailments including; psoriasis, eczema and sun-damaged skin. It also can help to relax muscles
- Pure Jojoba Oil: is similar to the natural oils that our bodies produce on a regular basis making it effective as a moisturizer especially for dry and aging skin. It’s easily absorbed and leaves the skin feeling soft and supple. Jojoba oil is non-greasy and a natural antiseptic making it a very effective treatment for acne.
- Sugar: Cleanses the skin thoroughly, unclogging pores, which assists in cell turnover. You will see a big difference in how your skin feels and looks following regular washing using sugar scrubs. When you frequently wash your skin using sugar scrubs, the skin becomes healthier in function and appearance. Once dead skin is eliminated, our skin works more effectively to remove toxins and absorb nourishment. Sugar scrubs work well with various kinds of skin because they are less dehydrating and gentler in comparison with other scrubs.
- Vitamin E oil: has many beneficial uses, including offering antioxidants, reduce the signs of aging, and replenish the vitamin in our bodies after sun or air pollution. Individuals who have various skin types should use vitamin E oil on their skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Grapeseed Oil: Grape seed oil contains antioxidants, and can help slow the process of aging, as well as having anti inflammatory qualities, making it great for clearing up acne. Grapeseed oil is known for its ability to lock in moisture, leaving your skin feeling more supple and smooth without the greasy feeling. Grapeseed is excellent for your circulatory system, and may help relieve varicose veins and spider veins.
- Sunflower oil: has many great skin care qualities including that it is light in texture, delicate enough for sensitive skin care, and grown locally. Studies show sunflower oil may be helpful if you are suffering from acne, eczema, inflammation, general redness and irritation of the skin. It’s also a great product to use on your newborn baby for extra skin protection. Sunflower oil creates smooth feeling skin you will love.
- Oatmeal: Is wonderful for your skin, it is full of vitamins and minerals. Oatmeal can help normalize your skins PH level which can relieve itchy dry skin.
- Cinnamon: is a natural astringent and stimulates and warms the skin and thus it is used to help heat and relax the muscles.
Puur Pure Honey Aftershave Mist This is another deluxe sample and even though this is an aftershave mist, it smells so yummy! Just like fresh honey :) I will use this as a perfume, it is that nice. This also contains witch hazel and chamomile, which are soothing herbal ingredients to help reduce any inflammation and also reduce the appearance of pores (if you use this on your face). Another esty shop product Deluxe Sample 1 oz Value $3.00
Ingredients: Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Chamomile Extract, Fragrance
I also received 2 different packs of blades for my razor
Shark Super Chrome Blades (5 pack) Value $1.26
Description: Super Chrome-Polymer coated finest Swedish stainless steel. Fit most standard double edge safety razors. Manufactured in Egypt by LORD
Description: Astra Superior Platinum double edge razor blades. These double edge blades are Platinum plated and fit all double edge razors. Made in Russia. 5 blades per pack.
This month had a really nice theme of honey-oatmeal and I like all of the products…but I felt that this box was lacking something. It needed to have full size items of the soap and aftershave mist to be really a decent box. These were all sample products and it was a bit disappointing to see such a light box. I paid $26.00 and received a value of $24.42 OR $32.43 if you want to count that leather cover as $20.00 (which I do not!) It is a major letdown from the first box ~ I didn’t expect to get over $70.00 worth of products, but I did expect more out of this month’s box. I also do not need 10 blades a month ~ I am not the missing link here, guys. I have one more month with Wet Shave Club. They will have to really wow me in order for me to extend my subscription, else I will just cancel for now. I think they are struggling to fill a ladies box of shaving products ~ it isn’t that difficult ~ soothing gels, foams, anti-rash/bump treatments, perhaps a nice bowl to use for our brush and soap, towels.
Did you get the Ladies Box from Wet Shave Club? What did you think of this month’s offerings?
If you are interested in subscribing, either for the ladies or the man’s box, I would love it if you used my referral link!
[ this blog post contains referral links ]
[ description in italics from linked website ]