UPDATE: I have a winner in my Giveaway! Please check your email🙂
Nylon, a cutting edge beauty, fashion and entertainment magazine, teamed up with Memebox to create an eye and face palette for their 16th anniversary. It went on pre-sale in March and I purchased one…as luck (your luck!) would have it, Memebox also sent me this palette for review ~ so I have TWO of them!! Which means….a GIVEAWAY! And it will be open to international readers as well.
#ItGirlPalette is NYLON’s special gift to its readers in celebration of their 16th anniversary. All colors were carefully picked by NYLON’s senior beauty editors with a strong emphasis on versatility and uniqueness. Each color packs a punch so you can amp up the night with just one shade, or blend your favorites to create a custom look! This palette is a must-have for all gals that are edgy, trend-setting, and f***ing awesome. Cruelty Free. Made in the USA
-Jade Taylor, Senior Beauty Editor of NYLON
Once again, Memebox excels in their compacts. They are not flimsy but very sturdy and have a good weight to them. This is a black matte compact with Nylon XO Memebox in plum colored letters. The compact has a nice sized mirror and the layout is the same as the Pony 2 palette ~ 2 double sized colors flanking the vertical sides, and 2 rows of 3 shadows each in the middle. The brush, once again, is crap…toss it out and use your own brushes.
The two double-sized colors that flank the 6 smaller shades are:
- On the left, The Moment ~ a very sparkly glitter bomb of a pale pink. The Moment could be used as a cheek highlighter as well as inner and under eye highlighter. This has tons of fallout and really has a light pigmentation.
- On the right, Sweet 16 ~ a matte hot, hot hot hot hothothothothothothothothothothothot pink color, that is NOT to be used on your eyes, despite what the models at Memebox have on. There is a warning on the package that states that Sweet 16 is to be used as a blush only, as it contains a colorant that has not been approved for use on the eyes in the USA, Brazil and Canada. This would be very pretty with a tan or darker skin tones, lightly applied, during the summer. It is a pretty color, but very vivid. This is very pigmented.
On the top row
- Lilo ~ a matte white, and this is great as an all over eye base. I am glad that Memebox included a matte eyeshadow
- Mary-Kate ~ this is a more of a light khaki, not an olive green, and it is a nice shimmer shade. A very pretty neutral
- Mischa ~ Memebox describes this as a “grungy rust” and it is the color of autumn leaves, deep and lovely shimmery rust shade. I would not call this grungy ~ lol This is very pigmented.
The bottom row
- Lana ~ a very pretty antique gold shimmer shade.
- Paris ~ what the heck is “expensive hazel” (Memebox’s description)? Hazel is green-brown. Paris is a lovely rose-bronze-gold glitter shade ~ I added bronze, as it isn’t a bright rose-gold, but a tad deeper.
- Nicole ~ it looks black in the palette, but it is beautiful medium brown with navy shimmers.
With the exception of Mischa (#4) and Sweet 16 (#8), all of these took multiple swipes ~ Even Nicole (#7) took 2 swipes. These are not that pigmented and this was over a primer.
- The Moment
- Sweet 16
Here is what Memebox had for swatches on their website ~ just a tad different!
If you want to purchase Nylon’s Sweet 16 Eye & Face palette, it is still available here. The palette is also sold in two mystery boxes
Celebrate NYLON Magazine’s Sweet 16 with us! To commemorate this special anniversary we collaborated with NYLON to create the #ItGirlPalette. This palette features colors that have the ability to easily yet drastically transform your look from basic to FABULOUS. Memebox has now curated a NYLON box for you to create your own ‘It Girl’ look mixed with some skincare essentials so you can strut your stuff and show the world how daring and edgy you can be. Create your personalized look. Share it. Tag it. #ItGirlPalette
Celebrate NYLON Magazine’s Sweet 16 with us! To commemorate this special anniversary we collaborated with NYLON to create the #ItGirlPalette. This palette features edgy, one-of-a-kind colors that are also versatile. We have curated a box with the perfect makeup products you can pair with the palette. We can’t wait to see your own ‘It Girl’ look. Please do share❤ #ItGirlPalette
Did you purchase Nylon XO Memebox Sweet 16 Eye & Face Palette? What did you think of it? What colors will you use the most? I personally love Paris, Nicole, Lana and Lilo.
Nylon Sweet 16 Eye & Face Palette Giveaway
Since I purchased this before I knew that Memebox was going to give me one to review, I am giving away a brand new Nylon Sweet 16 Eye & Face palette… PLUS Starlooks Ultra Matte Lip Slick in Infatuation, which is a bright pink-coral shade. I own Starlooks Lip Slicks in other shades and the formula is amazing ~ I hope you will enjoy this! This giveway package is worth $43.00 for those 2 products alone🙂 I will also be adding some surprise samples as well. This is open to the USA and International Readers!!
What you need to do to enter
- Use the Entry Link below to enter via Rafflecoper. This will open a new page with the entry form. This is legit as my copy of wordpress does not allow me to embed the entry form directly into my blog.
- All entries will be verified and anyone who has multiple accounts will be disqualified.
- Qualified entry will then be randomly drawn.
- I will notify the winner within 24 hours of the contest close. The winner will have 36 hours from then to contact me with the following information: their full name and mailing address as it should be addressed for their country
- If the winner does not contact me within 36 hours, another winner will be selected and the original entry is null and void
What you need to know
beautyfindsforme is me 🙂
By entering, you are agreeing to all of the following items:
- beautyfindsforme is not responsible for damages due to shipping, lost, stolen packages or any other issues. Once the parcel is mailed out, it is out of my hands.
- Once beautyfindsforme has the winner’s information, beautyfindsforme will ship it out and give the winner a tracking number (if applicable)
- The winner is responsible for verifying the products and their contents and to determine the suitability of those products for their own needs. beautyfindsforme is not responsible for the actual products and ingredients.
- This is an international giveaway. beautyfindsforme will pay for shipping.
- The winner is responsible for any custom and/or import duties in their country. beautyfindsforme is not responsible for those fees.
- You must be 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in your own country), or must have the express permission of a parent or legal guardian to enter and receive the prize.
To Enter, Click on the below image and follow the instructions! This contest will end on April 12th 2015.
[ disclaimer: this blog contains affiliate links. I received this product complementary for my honest opinion ]
[ promo images from us.memebox.com and websites linked in product name. Description in italics from the linked websites in the product name ]