I have another lovely goPure Naturals product that I received free in exchange for my honest and unbiased review from Tomoson.com. This time, I received their 100% pure Peppermint Essential oil. I love essential oils as they have a variety of uses.
image from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppermint
- Each bottle contains 100% Pure, Therapeutic Grade A cold-pressed peppermint essential oil. Ideal for treating a wide range of ailments and disorders, this peppermint oil is the purest oil available.
- Peppermint oil is one of the world’s most commonly used essential oils, with a history that dates back as far as 3,000 years. It offers a pleasant, uplifting scent that has been used to treat a variety of physical and mental ailments, from bad breath to depression. Modern research proves that it stimulates several regions of the brain, giving it the power to have a profound impact on the entire body.
- With a pleasant scent and an abundance of applications, pure peppermint oil is one of the most widely used oils in the world. This versatile oil is useful in treating a wide range of issues pertaining to the body, health and mind.
- 100% – 1 YEAR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Give goPURE Peppermint Essential Oil a Try Today and Experience it’s many benefits. If you are Unhappy for any reason we will gladly give you a complete refund!
image from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppermint
goPURE Naturals 100% Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Essential Oil is a therapeutic Grade A triple purified, cold-pressed oil. Why is it important to know that this oil is cold pressed? Cold pressed peppermint oil is made from pressing and grinding the fresh aerial parts of the peppermint plant, either using a granite millstone or stainless steel presses. Since grinding does produce heat due to friction, the temperature must not rise above 120°F (49°C) and the best cold pressed oils are made at much lower temperatures. Cold pressed oils will keep all of their aroma, flavor, and nutritional value, which makes them superior other oils. goPURE Naturals Peppermint Oil has a high concentration of menthol and menthone, which lends itself to its bright minty scent.
goPURE Naturals 100% Pure Peppermint Oil comes in a huge 4 oz bottle with a cap. There is also an eyedropper applicator, but you can store this with the cap in place, which makes it handy for traveling. The bottle is an amber colored glass bottle, which keeps the oil from spoiling. This oil is just 100% pure peppermint oil, no harmful chemicals, no additives, no preservatives and no added fragrances ~ along with no animal testing Since this is 100% pure oil, if used directly on skin, it must be diluted, either with water or a carrier oil, such coconut, jojoba, grapeseed, olive or almond oil.
What are some of the uses of Peppermint Oil
Peppermint has been utilized for a variety of issues going back thousands of years. It can be used both topically and internally and contains minerals and vitamins, such magnesium, folate, copper, potassium, calcium, copper and Vitamins A and C, which are health beneficial.
When applied topically
- Soothes and reliefs sore muscles and joints.
- Apply diluted (with an oil carrier, such as coconut or jojoba oil) peppermint oil to the forehead to relieve headache symptoms
- Help overcome mild to moderate depression and anxiety by its bright, refreshing scent, which has been shown by modern research to stimulate regions of the brain, which has a direct impact on the body, emotions and mind.
- Helps clear the respiratory tract, providing immediate relief from cold symptoms, coughs, sinusitis, and other upper respiratory tract illnesses. Use it as a cold chest rub or add to a vaporizer.
- Add to hair products, such as shampoos and conditioners to help with scalp issues such as dandruff.
- Used in DIY skincare products, such as scrubs, toothpastes, lotions.
- Add to a carrier oil and apply to lips to give your lips an instant “plump” look
- Rinse your mouth out with a glass of water and a few drops of oil, to freshen breath
- Add to your bath water to help relieve tension and uplift your mood.
- Use with other essential oils and carrier oil to make your own fragrance
Taking internally, Peppermint helps with digestive issue, as it has a high concentration of essential minerals like magnesium, potassium and calcium. I suffer from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and I use peppermint all the time to help relieve my IBS symptoms. I just stir a couple of drops of my pure peppermint oil into a glass of warm water with some honey and drink. Please note, before ingesting any essential oil, you should talk to a medical specialist on internal ingestion. I do not recommend doing this without a consultation, as I am not an expert in this field. One thing I do know is that pregnant women should NEVER ingest essential oils!
- Cures indigestion
- Eliminate excessive stomach gas, bloating and discomfort
- Promotes overall health by encouraging healthy blood flow
- Helps with nausea and acid reflux
- Helps bring relief from bowel spasms
- A natural insect and rodent repellant ~ place a few drops around the house and it will repel spiders, mice and insects. Create your own insect repellant:
- Dab on repellant: 40-50 drops of peppermint oil to 8 oz of coconut oil (or other carrier oil)
- Spray on repellant: 2-4 oz of witch hazel or rubbing alcohol or vodka, 40-50 drops of peppermint oil. Pour into an 8 oz bottle and top off with distilled/boiled water.
- Add to your cleaning routine around your home and office, as peppermint oil is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic and will help disinfect your home naturally.
- Add to a diffuser to help refresh and rejuvenate your senses and make your home smell great
As you can tell, I love peppermint! I have been using goPure Natural’s 100% Pure Peppermint Oil in many of the ways I have described above and I will be sharing a DIY foot scrub recipe with you below.
You can purchase goPure Naturals Peppermint Oil at amazon.com for $14.89 for a 4 oz bottle or at their own online store website ~ if you sign up for their newsletter, they will send you a $10.00 off coupon to use at their store! Check out their Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/gopurenaturals. goPure also has some promo codes you can use at amazon.com, where you can save up to $10.00 on their products
- SAVE $3.00 TODAY when you purchase 2 or more of ANY goPURE Products. Enter code GOPURE02 at checkout (2 of the same goPURE item or 2 different ones)
- SAVE $5.00 TODAY when you purchase 3 or more of ANY goPURE Products. Enter code GOPURE05 at checkout (3 of the same goPURE item or 3 different ones)
- SAVE $10.00 TODAY when you purchase 5 or more of ANY goPURE Products. Enter code GOPURE10 at checkout (5 of the same goPURE item or 5 different ones)
Peppermint-Orange Salt Foot Scrub
A friend of mine, Paula, sent me this wonderful Citrus Mint Foot scrub from Indigo Wild. I loved it so much that I wanted to see if I could make something similar at home. The ingredients on the Zum Lab product are: fine sea salt, organic jojoba oil, essential oils, cinnamon powder, orange powder and vitamin E. I changed it up a bit, as I don’t have orange powder, nor vitamin E and I wanted to use coconut oil and cardamom powder instead. I love caring for my feet, and this scrub will help remove dead skin, exfoliates and smooth away the rough dry skin, while softening your feet. The cardamom powder has detox properties as well as antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory proprieties ~ all together, with the peppermint, orange and cardamom – it smells great!
- 1 1/2 cups fine salt
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- 20 drops essential sweet orange oil
- 20 drops goPure Naturals peppermint essential oil
- 2 teaspoons cardamom powder
Mix all together and store in a glass or ceramic container that has a resealable lid. The texture should be a barely moist salt rub. To use, apply the scrub to your feet, scrubbing well on the bottoms and sides of your feet, and then rinse off well with warm water. Follow up with a great foot cream ~ I love Missha Ginger & Vinegar or Mizon Olive Cocoa Butter. Making your own foot scrubs is very economical and you can change what types of essential oils you want to use, or even make a sugar-salt foot scrub.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com.