For the next several weeks, I will be reviewing several different types of Vitamin C serums and Hyaluronic Acid serums. I have done past reviews on these types of products recently and in case you are wondering why I have so many…here’s why. I belong to the Tomoson network, and they connect bloggers and businesses together to review products. I have had good luck in being accepted in several campaigns and I pick ones that are of interest to me. As I just started derma-rolling, my interest in Vitamin C, Hyaluronic and Retinol serums has increased, because it is very important to use good products on your face after you derma roll.
I recently received Elleda Organic Vitamin C 20% Serum from Tomoson for my honest and unbiased review.
image from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QBDGXME/
- Contains the perfect ratio of Vitamin C (20%) – a critical component in collagen production, for skin that’s softer, smoother and more youthful looking. (More is not necessarily better.)
- Uses the power of Hyaluronic Acid, which holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water, enabling your skin to stay hydrated and fresh looking.
- A unique blend of organic and natural anti-aging ingredients designed to rejuvenate skin while aiding with redness, acne scars and sun spots.
- Works beautifully on all skin types and is designed especially for women over 30 years old.
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving a more youthful glow.
image from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QBDGXME/
Elleda Vitamin C 20% Serum is made with 20% Vitamin C, which helps stimulate collagen to renew skin cell production, which helps reveal younger, more smoother skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C will also help reduce wrinkles and fade hyper-pigmentation from sun damage and acne scars. It contains eight times the amount of antioxidant protection which will help fight and reduce the skin damage from free radicals. Elleda Vitamin C serum is a watery serum and you must shake the bottle first as natural ingredients do separate. The Vitamin C is enriched with Vitamin E and contains a concentrated base of hyaluronic acid , which helps “plump” up your skin cells and improves the firmness, tone and evens out the color of your skin.
The serum is in a amber glass bottle, which is optimal, as it filters out damaging blue and UV light which in turn will extend the shelf life of the serum. Glass bottles are very eco-friendly, easier to recycle and does not have any harmful chemicals that can be absorbed into the product. Elleda Vitamin C serum has a traditional eye dropper applicator as well, so I can control the amount of serum to use. Elleda Vitamin C 20% serum absorbs very quickly into my skin and my skin’s surface is silky and smooth. This had no strong odor that I could detect.
The ingredient list has some long names, but don’t be fooled ~ it is just the official botanical name and the ingredient list is quite small, which is nice. I am also pleased to see that Elleda does not use Sodium Benzoate as a preservative. There is a lot of controversy over the usage of that ingredient when used with products that have Vitamin C in it, and I am always pleased when a company does not include that in their Vitamin C skincare products.
What is a Serum? I’ve written this before, but I will repeat it again here, as it is important to know what a serum is and what are the expectations of a serum. Serums are hyper-concentrated skincare products that give the most intense anti-aging ingredients, such as antioxidants, and you do not need a lot of this product to get the full benefits. Serums are made with smaller molecules than lotions and creams, so they are able to quickly penetrate deeply into the lower layers of your skin, which absorbs the beneficial nutrients to help target the skin concern that the serum is designed to treat. Serums do not hydrate the top layer of your skin, because they have penetrated deeply into your dermal layer, so you should always follow up with a facial lotion or cream to lock in the serum nutrients, hydrate the top layer of your skin and seal in that moisture. Elleda Vitamin C 20% Serum is designed to reducing fine lines and wrinkles and improving the skin tone, color, texture and elasticity.
What is in Elleda’s Vitamin C 20% Serum? This serum contains 72% organic and 98% natural ingredients, with antioxidant vitamin-rich botanicals.
- Vitamin C ~ antioxidant protection from damaging free radicals, lightens hyper-pigmentation, firmer skin by encouraging collagen production. Stimulates collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Vitamin E ~ The antioxidants of all antioxidants ~ prevents free radical formation, protects the upper skin layer from initial harmful UV radiation and prevents the deterioration of fats in your cell membranes. Nourishes your skin, leaving it feeling soft and silky
- Hyaluronic Acid ~ Hydrates skin cells to freshen your complexion. It attracts and retains more than thousand times their weight in water
- Arginine ~ an essential amino acid, an antioxidant that aids in building collagen
- Ferulic Acid~ made from rice brain oil, this is a very potent antioxidant and helps aid other antioxidant ingredients, stabilizes Vitamin C from oxidation
- Organic Jojoba Oil ~ a natural emollient that has a similar structure to your own sebum allows this oil to absorb easily into your skin. Mimics your body’s natural oils and absorbs deeply and quickly to moisturize all skin types
- Witch Hazel ~ an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial (soothes and heals the skin), astringent (due to the large quantity of tannins), and locks in moisture to your skin. Helps aid a variety of skin conditions, including acne and eczema.
- Aloe ~ an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, promotes restoration of skin (collagen), reducing the aging of fine lines and wrinkles. Protects and revives your skin with natural healing properties
There is no alcohol or parabens in Elleda Vitamin C serum. This serum is made in the USA and is not tested on animals.
Ingredients: organic herbal infusion, organic aloe barbadensis leaf (aloe) extract, sodium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), methysulfonymethane (MSM), cassia angustifolia seed polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), hamamelis vigriniana (witch hazel), d-alpha tocopherl acetate (vitamin E), carbomer, (2s)-2-amino-5-guanidinopentanoic acid (Arginine), ferulic acid, kosher vegetable glycerin, organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil), phenoxyethanol, ethy hexyl glycerin cosDNA.com analysis
Elleda Organic Vitamin C 20% Serum retails at amazon.com for $21.57 for a 1 oz bottle.
Save 10% on Elleda Vitamin C 20% Serum at amazon.com ~ use promo code 6TQU6688 when you purchase 1 or more Elleda Vitamin C 20% serum(s).
[ descriptions in italics from linked product website ]
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.