For the next several weeks, I will be reviewing several different types of Vitamin C serums and Hyaluronic Acid serums. I have done past reviews on these types of products recently and in case you are wondering why I have so many…here’s why. I belong to the Tomoson network, and they connect bloggers and businesses together to review products. I have had good luck in being accepted in several campaigns and I pick ones that are of interest to me. As I just started derma-rolling, my interest in Vitamin C, Hyaluronic and Retinol serums has increased, because it is very important to use good products on your face after you derma roll.
I recently received Skinology Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum from Tomoson for my honest and unbiased review.
- NATURAL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Our High Potency 20% Vitamin C Serum is made with all natural ingredients in the FDA Approved and GMP Certified Facility. It is formulated without alcohol, parabens, sulfates and never tested on animals. The powerful 98% Natural -72 % Organic blend of Clinical Strength 20% Vitamin C & Vitamin E, Vegan Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid and Antioxidant Amino Complex – that is the perfect anti-aging solution!
- ANTI-AGING BENEFITS: Our 20% Vitamin C Serum is the perfect solution for all skin types anti-aging and skin restoring needs. All natural ingredients work magic to boost collagen production, eliminate free radicals and minimize the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, acne and fine lines. The serum applied to the face, neck and décolleté areas quickly absorbs into the skin and fights the signs of premature aging and skin discoloration by restoring and hydrating the skin cells, which makes your skin nourished, vibrant and beautiful
Skinology Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum is made with 20% botanical Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Amino complex, Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid ~ all which help stimulate collagen in order to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and to have a smoother, clearer skintone. The serum is in a brown glass bottle, which is perfect to keep the potency of the serum intact and has a traditional eye dropper applicator. They also have a flat cap for the product, for ease of traveling use.
Skinology Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum is a very watery serum and will start to run when it comes out of the dropper. I make sure that I initially dispense the product into the palm of my hand, then pat my hands together and gently pat my hands on my face with the product. Skinology Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum absorbs very quickly into my skin and it did not cause any irritation. This had no strong odor that I could detect.
I am glad to see that Skinology does not use Sodium Benzoate as a preservative as is a lot of controversy over the usage of that ingredient when used with products that have Vitamin C in it. I was initially concerned with seeing water as the first ingredient in the list, as water will oxidize Vitamin C and will render the Vitamin C ingredient useless in time. However, Skinology’s Vitamin C Serum also contains Ferulic Acid, which helps stabilize the Vitamin C to prevent oxidation. This is a good combination and the makers of this serum knew what they were doing!
What is a Serum? (what it does and what it doesn’t do) Serums are hyper-concentrated skincare products that give the most intense anti-aging ingredients, such as antioxidants, and you do not need a lot of this product to get the full benefits. Serums are made with smaller molecules than lotions and creams, so they are able to quickly penetrate deeply into the lower layers of your skin, which absorbs the beneficial nutrients to help target the skin concern that the serum is designed to treat. Therefore, your skin will not seem moist or hydrated once a serum is absorbed into your skin, as it is not lying on the top of the skin, but has penetrated deep into your dermal layers Skinology Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum is designed to reducing fine lines and wrinkles and lightening hyper-pigmentation.
You should always follow up with a facial lotion or cream to lock in the serum nutrients, hydrate the top layer of your skin and seal in that moisture.
What are some of the other ingredients in Skinology Vitamin C 20% Anti-Aging Serum besides Vitamins C?
- Arginine ~ an essential amino acid, an antioxidant that aids in building collagen
- Vitamin E ~ the most well known and researched antioxidant, reduces the formation of free radicals, protects skin from early exposure to UV light
- Hyaluronic Acid ~ helps “plump” up your skin cells and improves the firmness, tone and evens out the color of your skin
- Organic Centella Asiatica ~ also known as Gotu Kola and is rich in saponins, which help with our connective tissue to repair and strengthen our skin, and therefore provides support with our skin’s moisture barrier and collagen production
- Organic Jojoba Oil ~ a natural emollient that has a similar structure to your own sebum allows this serum to absorb easily into your skin
- Witch Hazel ~ an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial (soothes and heals the skin), astringent (due to the large quantity of tannins), and locks in moisture to your skin
- Glycerin ~ a humectant and prevents dryness
- Ferulic Acid~ made from rice brain oil, this is a very potent antioxidant and helps aid other antioxidant ingredients, stabilizes Vitamin C from oxidation
- Horsetail Plant Extract ~ contains natural silicon which helps strengthen connective tissues, building collagen, antioxidant, astringent properties
- Geranium Extract ~ calms, soothes, aids in healing, astringent
- Dandelion Extract ~ an antioxidant, contains minerals and vitamins, such as A,
C, D and K; an anti-inflammatory, detox properties, helps reduce skin blemishes
There is no alcohol or parabens and it is 98% natural and 72% organic (whole foods). This serum is made in an FDA certified facility in the USA. This is certified organic and is not tested on animals.
Ingredients: Deionized Aqua (Water), Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (Plant Based Hyaluronic Acid), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Carbomer, Arginine, Ferulic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin , Organic Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola Extract), Organic Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail Plant Extract), Organic Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium Extract), Organic Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion Extract) cosDNA.com analysis
Skinology Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum retails at amazon.com for $18.75 for a 1 oz bottle. Skinology back all of their products with a money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied.
Skinology has some promotion codes that can be used at amazon.com
- Purchase any 3 Skinology Beauty Solutions products and save $7.00 off your order. Enter code SKINOLO7 at checkout.
- Save 15% when you purchase 2 or more VITAMIN C SERUM offered by Skinology Beauty Solutions. Enter code 2SERUM15 at checkout.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.