I recently received Majestic Pure Indian Healing Clay Powder from Tomoson for my honest and unbiased review.
- Therapeutic Grade – Face Skin Care, Deep Skin Pore Cleansing, Detoxifying, Revitalization Better Detoxifying Power Than Calcium Bentonite
- PURE Indian Healing Clay from WYOMING, USA – Premium Quality – No Additives
- Excellent for Face Skin Care: Deep Skin Pore Cleansing, Detoxifying And Revitalization.
- Works on Oily and sensitive skin as well. Clay makes a fabulous facial mask, for shrinking pores, tightening and toning skin, removing impurities, and just making your skin look and feel great.
- PREMIUM QUALITY THERAPEUTIC GRADE CLAY: Sodium Bentonite has a electromagnetic properties making it very absorbent and helpful for drawing out Metals and Toxins. Clay baths and foot soaks draw toxins from the skin and through the pores
- SOOTHING SKIN: Helps to sooth and heal including cuts, bruises, insect bites, bee stings etc
My Indian Healing Clay powder came in a HUGE tub of 16 oz and it is a pale dove grey color, that is finely milled, with a silky feel. This clay is made from 100% natural sodium bentonite clay ~ aged volcanic ash ~ which removes more toxins than calcium bentonite clay and is an important ingredient for detox and deep cleaning your pores, tightening your pores, removing any dirt and exfoliating dead skin cells. I did research on sodium bentonite and yes, the region of Wyoming in Bighorn Basin produces high grade natural sodium bentonite. A good quality Bentonite clay should be pale grey and any clay that is white is suspect. Medicinal clay has been used for centuries, with the first recorded use in Mesopotamia in 2500 B.C.
Ingredients: 100% Pure Sodium Bentonite from Wyoming, USA – Natural, Therapeutic Grade
Why is Bentonite Clay so good at drawing out toxins? When it is wet, it gives off an electronic negative charge that bonds to the positive charge of toxins, which then draws out and remove them, as well as impurities, heavy metals, chemicals. Bentonite becomes like a sponge when moistened and that keeps the toxins bound to it. Bentonite also delivers oxygen to your cells, as it removes excess hydrogen, thus allowing cells to replace it with oxygen.
It also is known for its excellent oil absorbing properties as well. One word to note here, as you mix your clay, keep it away from metals. Use either a glass or plastic bowl and only use glass, wooden or plastic items to stir and mix.
Time for a facial mask! According to the instructions, I need to mix one part powder to 3 parts water. This is my first attempt, and I will post my thoughts on how it went. I left it to dry on my face for 20 minutes and then rinsed it off with warm water. You can apply this facial mask weekly.
It is kinda clumpy and lots of clay water is left in the container. That could be just how I made it as I added the clay to a pot and then just added the water, cold, to it and then stirred it. I just added a thin layer of this mixture on my face and neck and realized I made way too much! haha I didn’t feel any itchiness or problems as this dried, but it does dry tight like a traditional clay mask and near the end of the 20 minutes, I could feel my skin contracting! If you have sensitive skin, only leave on for 10 minutes, otherwise, leave it on for 20 minutes. You shouldn’t have it thickly applied, but a thin layer, as a thick layer will just cause more gunk to get into your pores. It actually negates any benefits Benetonite clay has if you apply it on too thickly.
I did like the effects of this clay, as it is good detox for my skin. The next time I make this, I will use warm water OR apple cider vinegar (more on that later) and then add it the liquid and clay into a plastic baggie with a zip lock on it. I would then roll and massage the mixture until I get the consistency I want. I read this technique online and it seems a lot less messy then trying to use a jar and a spoon. I will also not use so much of the clay and I am going to use a facial brush to apply this instead of my fingers. If you are going to make this as a facial mask, then do it prior to taking a shower, as it is messy to rinse off. Follow up with some good serums and a hydrating moisturizer.
If you have oily skin like I do, instead of using water, try apple cider vinegar, as that will really help with the oil levels in your skin.
I did not experience this, but your face might turn bright red after your rinse this off. This is normal and should go away after an hour. If your face is still red after an hour or you are having other reactions, like swelling, you should call your doctor. As always, before applying this to your face, you should always a patch test on your hand.
I am interested in trying this as a foot bath and adding it into my bubble baths, as it is supposed to remove toxins deep in your skin. This clay is also used for healing cuts, rashes, burns and insect bites by making a poultice from the powder and water, applying on the skin and leaving it there until it is dry.
I found some oral recipes from Wellness Mamma
Remineralizing Tooth Powder Recipe: Natural homemade tooth powder supports oral health naturally without chemicals or additives using herbs and essential oils.
- 4 Tablespoons Bentonite Clay
- 3 Tablespoons Calcium Magnesium Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Mint Leaf (optional, or can use essential oil)- Powder in blender, food processor or coffee grinder.
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon Powder (or this kind)
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of Cloves Powder
- 1 Tablespoon (or more to taste) Xylitol Powder
- Essential oils for taste- completely optional but Peppermint, Spearmint and Cinnamon are good. I buy mine from Mountain Rose Herbs.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl or pint size mason jar and store in a small glass jar with a lid. We actually have a separate small glass jar for each family member since we dip our toothbrushes in it. Mix with a spoon or shake to incorporate ingredients. This recipe makes about ¾ cup of tooth powder which lasts us for months. You can adjust the recipe up or down (Use teaspoons instead of tablespoons for smaller amounts).
- This will last indefinitely on the counter since there are no liquid ingredients and all of the ingredients naturally discourage bacterial growth. You can customize the powder to your taste and all of the herbal ingredients are optional. Bentonite or baking soda would actually work alone or together as a tooth powder, this one just tastes great. You could also add more cloves, mint and cinnamon for an even more concentrated powder. This type of cinnamon has a higher concentration of beneficial oils and tastes sweeter.
Oral Rinse to whiten and remineralize teeth: Wellness Mama also recommends using Betonite clay as an oral rinse. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of clay in 1/4 cup of water in a small jar with a lid and shake well. Rinse with this water mixture for 1-2 minutes and repeat until it is all gone. (source)
Wellness Mama also uses it as an internal cleanser, by mixing 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the clay into a cup of water in a jar with a lid. Shake well until it is all mixed and drink. She states that it has helped with her digestion and improved her energy. (source) I would also add that if you do drink this, also follow up with 1 or 2 more cups of clear water.
I do think this is a fine product to have and is very economical and natural. If you like making your own skin care products and/or are interested in the other home remedies that Majestic Pure Indian Healing Clay offers, I do think this would be a good purchase to make. There are a slew of recipes on the web using Healing Clay Powder, from deodorants to calamine lotions, anti-itch creams and even hair cleansers!
Majestic Pure Indian Healing Clay Powder backs up their products with a 100% money-back guarantee and will refund your purchase price if you aren’t satisfied. This product is also made in the USA.
Majestic Pure Indian Healing Clay Powder retails at amazon.com for $12.95 for a 16 oz container. They also are running some promo codes as well on amazon.com, where you can save anywhere from $3.50 up to $14.00 dollars on any qualified Majestic Pure Cosmeceutials items.
- Save $4.00 (LIMITED TIME OFFER) when you purchase 2 or more * Indian Healing Clay * jars offered by Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals. Enter code INDHCLM4 at checkout.
- Save $14.00 when you purchase 8 or more Qualifying items offered by Majestic Pure. Enter code MAJPURE8 at checkout.
- Save $12.00 when you purchase 7 or more Qualifying items offered by Majestic Pure. Enter code MAJPURE7 at checkout.
- Save $10.00 when you purchase 6 or more Qualifying items offered by Majestic Pure. Enter code MAJPURE6 at checkout.
- Save $8.00 when you purchase 5 or more Qualifying items offered by Majestic Pure. Enter code MAJPURE5 at checkout.
- Save $6.50 when you purchase 4 or more Qualifying items offered by Majestic Pure. Enter code MAJPURE4 at checkout.
- Save $5.00 when you purchase 3 or more Qualifying items offered by Majestic Pure. Enter code MAJPURE3 at checkout.
- Save $3.50 when you purchase 2 or more Qualifying items offered by Majestic Pure. Enter code MAJPURE2 at checkout
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.