For the next several weeks, I will be reviewing several different types of Vitamin C serums and Hyaluronic Acid serums. I have done past reviews on these types of products recently and in case you are wondering why I have so many…here’s why. I belong to the Tomoson network, and they connect bloggers and businesses together to review products. I have had good luck in being accepted in several campaigns and I pick ones that are of interest to me. As I just started derma-rolling, my interest in Vitamin C, Hyaluronic and Retinol serums has increased, because it is very important to use good products on your face after you derma roll.
I recently received Clarigenics Hyaluronic Acid Serum from Tomoson for my honest and unbiased review. Hyaluronic Acid does not act like a chemical peel as I have read in other reviews. This is a naturally occurring substance in our bodies and we have a finite amount of it, and as we age, our own natural production of this substance decreases. It helps with hydration, lubrication and cellular functions and it can hold more water than any other natural ingredient. It is a moisturizer which helps hydrate, soften and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Hyaluronic Acid locks in moisture and creates cell “plumpness” and it nourishes our collagen, keeping it moist and elastic. Clarigenics uses a botanical hyaluronic acid
- WORRIED YOU’RE NOT DOING ENOUGH TO PREVENT WRINKLES? This delightful, lightweight moisturizing serum provides instant hydration with biocompatible Hyaluronic Acid and a weightless combination of organic antioxidants, giving you an all-day sense of confidence in your skin’s fresh appearance. Ideal for providing “on the go” hydration and antiaging protection.
- YOUR SKIN IS YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION! Put your best face forward with our proprietary Botanical Power Complex, a unique melding of bioavailable micronutrients plus antioxidants that are readily absorbed by your skin. Our pure, hypoallergenic hyaluronic acid is coupled with aloe, jojoba oil, green tea, witch hazel, geranium oil, and skin essential vitamins C and E for that “look at me now” glow.
- BEAUTY WITHOUT COMPROMISE – Revel in that special sense of care and confidence that comes from knowing your skin is beautiful because it’s healthy! Our stunning results come from the potency of natural botanical active ingredients, which are welcomed by the body. That’s why we are paraben free, and use no dioxanes, phthalates, or other toxic ingredients, and make our products in the USA in our FDA and GMP certified facility. And we love animals, so of course we’re cruelty free!
- OUR HYALURONIC ACID SERUM WORKS – Our potent, long-lasting moisture treatment is an effective wrinkle corrector and remover that binds water deep within the spaces between your skin cells, visibly smoothing your skin’s surface and filling in fine lines and creases. Supplements plumpness, masks age, and leaves your skin with a dewy, pillow soft look, without patches, pills, or injections. Professional strength to reduce stress even in damaged areas, such as blemishes, enlarged pores, acne prone skin, rosacea, and eczema.
Clarigenics Hyaluronic Acid Serum is thicker, clear gel that immediately liquifies when I massage it into my skin. It has the characteristics of Aloe Vera gel and that isn’t surprising as Aloe is one of the top ingredients in this serum. Clarigenics Hyaluronic Acid Serum has a light herbal scent to it, which is due to the Organic Herbal Infusions, I suppose, and I am still trying to find out what those herbs are! The bottle is a clear glass bottle, which is unusual, because most of these organic serums come in a darker bottle to ensure that the product is subjected to less light and to help retain the potency of the product. A traditional eye dropper application is use to control how much serum you wish to apply on your face.
I use about 1/2 of a dropper-full of this serum and gently apply all over my face. It absorbs quickly into my skin and I have not experienced any redness, itchiness, acne or other issues since using it.
I know that serums like to say that they are moisturizing, but what are serums? Serums are hyper-concentrated products that do not contain moisturizing ingredients such as mineral oil and contain fewer lubricating/thickening ingredients. Serums are designed to give you the most concentrated active anti-aging ingredients, such as antioxidants, peptides, vitamins and brighteners, and only a few drops are needed to take advantage of those ingredients. Serums are made with much smaller molecules than creams and moisturizers, so that they are able to penetrate all three layers of your skin, delivering nutrients deep into your skin, absorbing quickly and rapidly, targeting the skin concerns you have ~ wrinkles, fine lines, acne, and/or hyper-pigmentation, just to name a few. Clarigenics Hyaluronic Acid Serum targets wrinkles, fine lines and dark circles.
That could be why people do not feel serums are moisturizing enough as the contents go beyond the first layer of the skin. You should always follow up with a moisturizer, because their purpose locks in the serum nutrients, hydrates and seals in the moisture on the first layer of the skin, leaving your skin well moisturized.
What are some of the other ingredients in Clarigenics Hyaluronic Acid Serum?
- Vitamin C ~ a powerful antioxidant that slows down the damage from free-radicals, which are unstable molecules that cause damage to your collagen and in turn, cause fine lines, wrinkles and dryness
- Organic Jojoba Oil ~ a natural emollient that has a similar structure to your own sebum allows this oil to absorb easily into your skin
- Vitamin E ~ The antioxidants of all antioxidants ~ prevents free radical formation, protects the upper skin layer from initial harmful UV radiation and prevents the deterioration of fats in your cell membranes.
- Witch Hazel ~ an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial (soothes and heals the skin), astringent (due to the large quantity of tannins), and locks in moisture to your skin
- Glycerin ~ a humectant and prevents dryness
- Green Tea ~ an antioxidant, that keeps free radicals from destroying collagen, which will result with tighter, firmer skin tone
- Aloe ~ an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, promotes restoration of skin (collagen), reducing the aging of fine lines and wrinkles
Ingredients: Organic Herbal Infusion, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel),Cassia Angustifolia Seed polysaccharide (Botanical Hyaluronic Acid), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin,Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Carrageenan Gum, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Wildcrafted Camellia Sinenis (Green Tea), Pelargonium Gaveolens (Geranium Essential Oil), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin cosDNA.com analysis
Once again, I did question the use of sodium benzoate in this product. Sodium benzoate was labeled incorrectly as a potential carcinogen due to its usage as a preservative in soft drinks that contained Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and if there was excessive heat conditions, would create benzene ~ which is a known carcinogen. However, that use in food/drinks is a totally different formula and chemistry and I did not find that it pertained to skin care products. (source) That said, I am not an expert, and whereas I did research all of the pro’s and con’s of this ingredient, you should research this ingredient yourself and come to your own conclusions. There are many sites from beauty bloggers who claim this is toxic, there is one British study that linked it DNA degeneration (although I cannot find this study ~ it is just mentioned in blogs with no source) and I am not going to be held responsible for an opinion that I formed after reading many articles and blogs about this ingredient. I am not sure why so many natural, organic companies use this ingredient in any formula that contains Vitamin C because of this controversy.
Clarigenics back all of their products with a 365 day 100% money-back guarantee and will refund your purchase price if you aren’t satisfied. This product is also made in the USA.
Clarigenics Hyaluronic Acid Serum retails at amazon.com for $17.37 for a 1 oz bottle.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.