I received InstaNatural’s Natural Seaweed Powder in return for my honest review from Tomoson. As I have mentioned in my last blog about InstaNatural, they are becoming one of my favorite natural product lines ~ I haven’t received anything yet that I do not like and I do use their products! You can read all of my InstaNatural reviews here.
This seaweed powder is not for consumption, but for external use only.
Some information about InstaNatural’s Certified Organic & 100% Natural Seaweed Powder
- Organic & 100% Natural – Our Seaweed Powder is 100% Natural, Kosher Certified, and Certified Organic by USDA and Ecocert ICO. Each batch of kelp is freshly harvested from North America and is perfectly sealed in a huge 1.5 pound jar to bring the purest product to your hands.
- Get A Boost of Vitamins & Minerals – Seaweed Powder, which comes from botanical kelp grown in colder waters, is a strong source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Iodine, Amino Acids, and other nutrients. These ingredients are responsible for absorbing excess impurities, while leaving behind smoother, softer skin.
- Helps Reduce Cellulite On Body – For those with bumpy skin and visible cellulite, a Seaweed Wrap is the perfect way to indulge in a spa service at home to smooth out your skin tone and texture. Simply slather on the mixture (recipe included on the label), wrap yourself up, and leave the seaweed mixture on while it works to extract excess water and impurities. Seaweed body wraps create an instant slimming effect to make your body appear firmer and more toned with less bumps and smoother skin.
- Perfect For Face Too – Seaweed Powder can also be used in face masks, facial scrubs and in face wash to help clear your complexion. Applying the kelp powder to your skin will cleanse your pores and extract any dirt and grime, leaving behind softer skin along with a more refined appearance and smaller pores.
- Countless spas have harvested the powers of seaweed to incorporate into different skin care measures:
– Body slimming wraps
– Facial scrubs
– Facial masks
Now you too can enjoy the benefits of Kelp Powder and craft up your favorite skin care recipe with this 100% natural ingredient.
Whether used in a body wrap, facial scrub, or facial mask, our Seaweed Powder will deliver superior results for your skin:
– Absorbs excess water
– Removes impurities
– Reduces appearance of cellulite
– Minimizes appearance of pores
– Delivers high concentration of vitamins & minerals
– Helps to even skin tone & texture
– Provides nourishment for softer, smoother skin
With InstaNatural, rest assured you will receive the best customer care and highest-quality Seaweed Powder around.
– 100% Natural Ascophyllum nodosum
– Certified Organic / Kosher Certified
My mud mask came in a HUGE (they don’t fool around with this stuff) 1.5 pound jar 16 oz jar. The only ingredient in this product is the “Certified Organic, 100% Natural & Kosher Certified Seaweed Powder (Ascophyllum nodosum)” Ascophyllum nodosum is a common brown alga, also known as rockweed, Norwegian kelp, sea whistle, yellow tang, knotted kelp, knotted wrack or egg wrack and is found on the Northern coasts of the Atlantic Ocean. Ascophyllum nodosum contains over 70 minerals and trace elements as well as growth hormones, vitamins, enzymes, polysaccharides, proteins and amino acids.
According to New Age Nutrients, Ascophyllum nodosum contains the following:
- Alginates – Complex polysaccharides containing align acid (align) and sodium align as the major components, iodine, fucoidan and laminarin (sulfated polysaccharide esters)
- Vitamins – A , B1, B2, B3, B12, C, D, E, K, Carotene, Biotin, Folic Acid, Niacin, Riboflavin, Thiamin
- Carbohydrates – Anginc acid, laminarin, mannitol
- Naturally Chelated Minerals – Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium
- Digestive Enzymes – Amylase, Lipase, Cellulose, Protease
- Natural Preservatives – Potassium Sorbate and Citric Acid
- Trace Elements : Iodine Silver, Boron, Iron, Barium, Carbon, Selenium, Calcium, Copper, Fluorine, Zinc, Cadmium, Tyrosine, Serine, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, Titanium, Praline, Silica, Molybdenum, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Cylices, Sodium, Sulfur, Strontium, Zirconium, Bromine, Cerium, Cesium, Gallium, Indium, Platinum, Palladium, Thorium, Rhodium, Bismuth, Beryllium, Chromium, Nickel, Lanthanum, Osmium, Tellurium, Thallium, Silicon, Niobium, Tungsten, Hydrogen, Germanium, Antimony
- Amino Acids: Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic acid, Cystine, Glutamic acid, Glutamine, Glycine, Histidine, Hydroxproline, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Tyrosine, Tryptophan, Valine
image from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascophyllum
Some of the skincare benefits of using seaweed are
- Hydration ~ Seaweed contains essential fatty acids, which help infuse and retain moisture in your skin.
- Anti-inflammatory ~ Seaweed is perfect for reducing and eliminating acne, as it is a natural anti-inflammatory. Seaweed can help sooth acne inflammation.
- Hair Treatment ~ Seaweed is full of minerals that can help your hair look healthy. Massage it in your scape and it will help the follicles be stronger. Seaweed can also help you with growing hair, as it contains a lot of iodine, which helps stimulate growth. Thinning hair most common reason is a lack of sufficient iodine in your diet.
- Detox treatment ~ When applied to your skin, seaweed can draw out excess fluids, dead skin cells and toxins which will result in smoother, healthier looking skin. Seaweed also makes your skin more elastic and supple, which can help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
The seaweed powder is a light olive green, very finely milled. It has no strong odor and doesn’t smell seaweed-y to me. On the jar, there are several recipes listed, of which I will copy here. I am sure you can find more DIY recipes using seaweed powder, but I wanted to try one of the ones they supplied. I personally have done the facial mask
- 2 tablespoons of Seaweed Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
Before applying to your face, cleanse and exfoliate your face first. Mix all of the ingredients together until it forms a paste and then apply to your face. This made a lot of product, so I slathered it on my face and neck. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. You can apply this mask 2-3 weekly.
First off, remember how I said that the powder didn’t have a strong scent? Well, once it is mixed with liquid, it does have a very pungent seaweed-y scent. This reminds me of walking along beaches in Southern California where the seaweed was always tossed up onto the beach. I do not mind the scent of seaweed, but I thought I should mention it, as the powder itself doesn’t smell this fragrant.
I rinsed off the mask and purposely didn’t use any other facial cleanser on my face as I did this. My face is smooth and clean, without feeling dry or stripped and is hydrated. I am more interested in using this mask in the morning, before I take a shower, as it is a very messy product to rinse off. I most likely will mix up a fresh batch the night before, keep it in the frig and apply in the morning before my shower.
Instanatural back all of their products with a lifetime 100% money-back guarantee and will refund your purchase price if you aren’t satisfied, so if you have a negative reaction to this product, they will refund you your money. The mask is made in the USA, as is all of their products. Their Seaweed Powder is made in small quantities and the seaweed source is from Canada, so you can be assured that it is freshly made.
This 100% natural and organic Seaweed Powder is $24.95 US dollars on Amazon.com for a 1.5 pound container.
In addition to the Facial Mask, here are some other recipes from InstaNatural
- 1/4 cup Seaweed Powder
- 1/4 cup Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1-2 drops of Essential Oil (optional)
Mix all ingredients together until it forms into a creamy mixture. Before showering, massage the cellulite scrub over targeted areas using circular, upward strokes. Rinse off in shower and then follow up with a moisturizer. Use daily for best results.
- 2 tablespoons Seaweed Powder
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2-4 tablespoons Sea Salt
Mix all ingredients together until it turns into a heavy, thick mixture. Gently rub mixture over face in circular motions. Rinse off with warm water or use a damp towel if needed. Follow up with a facial oil cleanser (or any facial cleanser). Can be used daily
Seaweed Body Wrap
- 1 cup of Seaweed Powder
- Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1-2 drops of Essential Oil (optional)
Slowly mix seaweed powder with enough water to form a thick paste. Stir in olive oil and essential oil. Apply mixture to your body in long, upward strokes. It is most convenient to apply the treatment while in the shower for less mess. Once application is complete, wrap your body with plastic wrap and cover yourself with a light sheet or sweatpants and sweatshirt. This will ensure that your skin heats up and opens pores so the treatment will be more effective. Alternatively, you can use bandages instead of plastic wrap and soak them in the seaweed treatment using boiling water instead of warm water. Let steep 5-15 minutes until bandages are soaked and not scalding hot, and then carefully wrap bandages around the body. Leave treatment on for 20-30 minute and then rinse off thoroughly with cool water in the shower. For best results, take a warm shower or bath beforehand to open your pores more and exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells. This treatment can be used 1-2 times a week or as needed.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.