I joined Tomoson to try different products and review them. One of the first companies to reach out to me was Kiss Me Organics and they offered to send me their Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder for review, which I did here. They recently sent me their Organic Ceremonial Grade Green Tea Matcha for review and I am excited to try this product out.
They also sent me their Ceremonial Grade Green Tea Matcha Recipe booklet via email. Here is the information from amazon.com about their product. Make sure you select the “Ceremonial Grade“.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATCHA: Shade grown, Ceremonial Matcha powder is distinctive due to the vibrant green color, slightly sweet flavor and smooth finish.
- OVER 100 YEARS OF ORGANIC FARMING EXPERIENCE & RECOGNIZED BY THE UN: Our certified organic family-owned Japanese tea farm has been operating since 1915, run by the same family for over 3 generations. Grown in the Shizuoka region of Japan, recognized by the United Nations as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System
- ENERGY POWERHOUSE, NATURAL MOOD ENHANCER & MENTAL FOCUS: Boost your vitality with the unique ability to reduce stress levels, focus the mind, and provides all-day energy.
- UP TO 137x THE ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA: Matcha is a fine powdered form of shade grown green tea leaves. This means you consume the entire leaf providing your body and mind with a maximum concentration of Polyphenols and EGCG.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE 110% MoneyBack – If for some reason, you are not satisfied with our Organic Matcha we provide a no-hassle no-questions-asked refund. Yes, we are that devoted to your happiness! 🙂
- 100% FIRST HARVEST TEA LEAVES, known as Sae Midori cultivar
- MILD STEADY ENERGY it acts both as a stimulant and a relaxant. This is ideal for focusing on whatever the day throws your way.
- METABOLISM BOOST Consuming matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis (the body’s own rate of burning calories) from a normal 8%-10% of daily energy expenditure, to between 35% and 43% of daily energy expediture.
- IMPROVED SKIN HEALTH Scientists have discovered that Matcha Green Tea helps protect the skin from harmful UVrays, while improving blood flow and oxygen levels lifting the overall quality of the skin.
- UP TO 137x THE ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA Antioxidants are essential as you age to boost your body’s natural defenses against oxidation. Researchers have found that a high level of dietary antioxidants can prevent many age-related diseases.
The tin came a bit dented in the back, but the contents of the tea were fine 🙂 What is Organic Ceremonial Grade Green Tea Matcha?
In recent years most of the Western world has been introduced to traditional green tea and the host of health and well-being benefits attributed to this earthy drink. In fact, traditional green tea has become so popular that many of us know its scientific name, Camellia sinensis. When we need to relax, boost our immune system, increase focus or simply drop a few extra pounds…we add a few extra cups of green tea to our day…in lieu of coffee, of course. Then even more recently we were introduced to Matcha green tea powder, which sounds like a completely different beat altogether but it isn’t. Matcha is also derived from the now famous Camellia sinensis, but the leaves have not been fermented before being ground into a very fine powder. There are significant differences between your regular green tea leaves and Matcha, the most prevalent being that leaves used in Matcha are shade-grown so theyhave a rich dark green color rather than the more pale green of regular green tea. It isn’t just the color difference that has green tea lovers making the leap from green tea leaves to Matcha green tea powder, though. The long Matcha-making process adds significantly greater benefits for the user, most notably the high concentration of amino acids found in Matcha green tea. Amino acids come in several types; essential, 3 conditional and non-essential 1, but all are used as the building blocks of the proteins we rely on to stay healthy (immune booster), repair (muscles and tissues after a workout, for example ), recovery (healing from sickness and injury) and even nail and hair growth. When you understand the power of amino acids and the role they play in human development and healing, you will begin to see exactly why it has been used for centuries in Chinese and Japanese cultures. In fact it is one particular amino acid, Theanine 2, that gives green tea its infamous stress-reducing properties.
The primary difference between culinary grade Matcha and Ceremonial Grade Matcha is the leaves used. While culinary Matcha makes use of the shade-grown leaves that are further down on the plant, Ceremonial Matcha goes a step further and only comes from the smallest and finest leaves at the tip of the plant. The leaves at the top of the Camellia sinensis are softer and more pliable, allowing for a finer texture of the powder. The result is a smoother flavor that isn’t quite as bitter as traditional green tea as well as a bright green color that is hard to miss. If you have never tasted culinary grade Matcha the slight difference in flavor won’t likely register with your palate. This is why culinary Matcha is often referred to as ‘beginner Matcha’. As you grow accustomed to the taste of Matcha in your smoothie, juice and food recipes, the taste difference will be noticeable. Aside from taste the other noticeable difference is the texture of the powder. Ceremonial Grade Matcha will be silky smooth whereas culinary grade Matcha will appear almost grainy in texture. from kissmeorganics brochure
The tea is a bright, vibrant green, just a ceremonial grade Matcha should be and very finely milled ~ in fact, some of my tea “floated” out when I opened the bag as it is so light and airy! I captured some of it on the lid and took a picture of it ~ you can see how fine and green this tea is.
I decided to make the traditional beverage, which is 1/2 teaspoon of Ceremonial Grade Matcha per 3 oz of hot water (175 °F) Using a small whisk, I added the hot water to the powder and whisk away until a froth was formed.
I then drank the tea and found the taste to be smooth, with just a bite of that tea astringent, and very bold in its flavor. I purposely tried this without any milk or sugar to actually experience the flavor without any other additions. I didn’t get as much froth as I would like to, but that is because I used a small metal whisk and I’ve discovered that I need a proper Matcha Whisk and will be purchasing one on amazon.com
All in all, I am very pleased with my Ceremonial Grade Matcha and I think that I will be interested in trying out a few of the recipes in the booklet I received from them
You can purchase KissMe Organics Ceremonial Grade Matcha on Amazon.com ~ their tea is certified 100% Organic and all Matcha leaves are grown on a certified organic farm with absolutely no synthetic chemicals. It is a 1 oz tin for $28.00, 1st Harvest and a product of Japan.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.