I have purchased several of these boxes from ABCDEat and have reviewed them here. What is ABCDEats? A fellow MUT board member (makeuptalk.com) has branched out and created her own subscription box, which is an Asian Snack/Food box. Genie and her partner call it ABCDEat and currently, you have to order each item separately as they do not have a normal subscription automatic fee.
ABCDEat stands for Asian Box Can Do Eat (It), and we are a Hong Kong-based online store where we gather snacks from all over Asia to add into our boxes, and ship them directly to your doorstep.
ABCDEat provides both a monthly service, as well as boxes that you can order at any time. We also have some special promotions during the weekends!!!
The advantage of ABCDEat being located in Hong Kong, is that Hong Kong is an international city, and we can find snacks from all over the world here! We know that everyone loves snacks, especially all the Asian goodies, so we would like to share this food experience with you too!
At ABCDEat, we’re committed to bringing you only the best – we’ll make sure it’s worth the wait!!
I purchased their Christmas box as Genie mentioned that they would have a chestnut product in there! I love chestnuts!
image from https://www.facebook.com/ABCDEat
Ho, ho, ho! Christmas is just around the corner, so now’s the time to stock up on some fun snacks for the long holiday!!! This year, your Christmas will be like no other with our delicious treats!!!
Christmas Box Revealed!
My numbering is based on the above picture, not the info card.
1. Weed DIY Rice Cracker Set ~ I received the cartoon character Shinkansan, which is a Bullet Train in Japan!! haha I guess this is like The Little Engine That Could. This is a rice cracker that you decorate with the sweet, colored syrup. I am sure this is a fine product, but I think I will hold off on this one and I will keep it with my 1997 Clearly Canadian Orbitz Raspberry Citrus soft drink, which I have not opened and am saving for the Zombie Apocalypse. Card Item #6
I’m ready for the Zombie Apocalypse now…
2. Nissin Cisco Crisp Choco in Strawberry This is a huge snack item. Alas, I am not a fan of strawberry crispies, I am more of a chocolate girl, which was the other variation sent out. However, these might be good as a cereal, just add some milk! Card Item #7
3. Orion Choco Boy Mushroom Shaped Biscuits OMG! These are so good! I don’t know who Choco Boy is, why he is my friend and why I have to have fun with him, but I love these cookies… These do look like little fungi, which I think is adorable. I wouldn’t mind seeing this in another box (hint, hint) Very cute and this is a favorite already. This is item 4 on the card
4. Morinaga Ramune Candy Bottle I received the red bottle, which is cola & soda. The packaging on this is so cute, it is a soda bottle filled with soda flavored candies! I am not going to eat these but give this as stocking stuffer for one of my nieces. Card Item #1
5. Candy Cane Candies This is another candy that has really cute packaging. It is a candy cane filled with little sweet candies. This looks to be another stocking stuffer item for my other niece! Card Item #2
6. Heart Shaped Gummy Gellies More candies! This time, these candies are from Thailand. These gellies are so sweet looking and they are individually wrapped heart shaped gummies! This is great, as I can split them up and divide them evenly among my 2 nieces ~ they love gummy candy! These are so cute and so girly! Card Item #5
7. Korea Rice Cake Cookie in Chestnut (2 pieces) Saved the best for last. I have eaten one of these already and they are very chewy, dense pastry with a chestnut filling. I think these would go great with some cold milk or hot tea. These, along with Choco Boy, are my favorites in this box and I will have to see where I can purchase these wonderful Chestnut cookies. I find it wonderful how Chestnuts seem to be so universally loved in many countries ~ from Europe to Asia to USA. In the States, Chestnuts are also associated with the Holiday season, as Genie mentioned that they are in Hong Kong. Card Item #3.
Although several items I am gifting as they are so cute and wonderful as stocking stuffers, I felt that this box was very good indeed. I am not sure about the rice cracker, but it will make for a good conversation piece next to my Orbitz at work ~ lol. The Choco Boy cookies and the Chestnut cookies are just wonderful and I hope that they show up in future boxes! I am glad to see that ABCDEat is not pasting the informational card on the box, but allowing it to be a card that I can remove and file away.
The Christmas Box was mailed with a Hong Kong Christmas stamp ~ how sweet is this?
Check out ABCDEat at https://www.facebook.com/ABCDEat. All of the products from ABCDEat are fresh, not expired and made from companies that are reputable in Asian countries. My next box is the Chinese New Year Box, which I cannot wait to see the snacks from that festival!
[ descriptions in italics from https://www.facebook.com/ABCDEat ]