When Memebox announced that they were selling Pony’s eyeshadow Palette in the Global/USA shop, I was very excited! From other K-Beauty fans, I discovered Pony, a Korean Beauty Guru who hosts Pony’s Beauty Diary, several months ago and I love watching her tutorials. Memebox released the palette on November 3rd, and I received it on November 6th, as I ordered it from the USA shop. I have been wearing the colors since I received it and I have to say it is one nice palette!
The case is a sturdy plastic case with a large mirror inside
Top Row: Easy Base, Easy Shadow, Shine Rosegold, Shine Gold
Bottom Row: Easy Charcoal, Easy Brown, Glam Espresso, Glam Cocoa
The palette also comes with brushes, but they are worthless. Do not use them.
- Easy Base: A light all over base color in cream – matte
- Easy Shadow: A light milk chocolate color, not that pigmented – matte
- Shine Rosegold: A sparkly light rose gold, not that pigmented – shimmer
- Shine Gold: A sparkly copper color – shimmer
- Easy Charcoal: A deep dark grey brown – matte
- Easy Brown: A medium cocoa brown – matte
- Glam Espresso: A shimmer cocoa brown with pink – shimmer
- Glam Cocoa:: A deep shimmer red brown -shimmer
I highly recommend using a eyeshadow primer with these shadow, especially with the lighter, less pigmented colors. There isn’t a lot of fall out with these shadows and they go on very smoothly and evenly.
Due to the awkward angle of my arm, swatches and trying to take a photo of them, the primer shots look washed out compared to the no primer shots. They aren’t. They are much more vivid and intense in their color pigmentation.
With primer, natural light: easy base, easy shadow, easy brown, easy charcoal, shine rosegold, shine gold, glam espresso, glam cocoa
Without primer, natural light: easy base, easy shadow, easy brown, easy charcoal, shine rosegold, shine gold, glam espresso, glam cocoa
With primer, flash: easy base, easy shadow, easy brown, easy charcoal, shine rosegold, shine gold, glam espresso, glam cocoa
Without primer, flash: easy base, easy shadow, easy brown, easy charcoal, shine rosegold, shine gold, glam espresso, glam cocoa
I really love neutral eyeshadows and I am like a crack fiend when a new neutral palette is announced. I do love that this has a nice mix of matte and shimmer shades, and the shimmer are not chunky glitters. So far, the colors that I have been using have been easy base, easy charcoal, glam espresso and glam cocoa. I need to try out some of the other shades as well ~ I think that the “easy” shadows are very similar to Urban Decay’s Naked Basic’s line, which I own and love. The shine rosegold is more of a highlighter due to its light pigmentation and the shine gold is such a perfect color for parties and the upcoming holiday season. I think it is very festive.
You can still order the Pony Palette at Memebox for $18.00. If you are in the USA, if you order over $30.00, your shipping is free (and it is fast delivery too). For International customers, if you order $50.00 or more in their Memeshop, use coupon FREESHIPPONY50 to get free shipping.
Promos for November
I would love it if you use my links!
- MEMEBUNDLE3: Get $5 off on orders when you buy 3 or more Memeboxes
- MEMEBUNDLE4: Get $8 off on orders when you buy 4 or more Memeboxes
- FREESHIPPING: Get free shipping on purchases over $70 on only Memeshop items
- AFFILIATE-2841-R8H5H-KEQP $5.00 discount on orders above $100.00
- AFFILIATE-1654-71SPA-YBUU $10.00 discount on orders above $150.00
The last two codes you do not need to enter if you use my links to purchase products. They will be automatically apply to your order!
[disclaimer: this blog contains affiliate links. These boxes were paid for with my own money ]
[ promo images from us.memebox.com and websites linked in product name. Description in italics from the linked websites in the product name ]