I received my Global #15 Memebox and this review will be going over what I received and my thoughts. Global boxes are a great way for someone new to Korean beauty products to purchase or just want a monthly box, not themes or superboxes. They are usually very well curated and may contain makeup, hair, skin, and body products.
What is Memebox?
“Memebox curates only the most trusted, best-loved Korean beauty products at everyday prices. An extremely competitive industry, Korean cosmetics are renowned for their unprecedented quality developed through cutting-edge technology. At the forefront of the industry, Memebox is determined to deliver the enchantment of discovery through effortless experiences, at prices you’ll never say no to. ….Order from Memebox only when you want to, as often as you want to. In addition to our box series, Memeshop carries full-sized products featured in previous Memeboxes, offering easy access to Korean cosmetic trends.” from us.memebox.com
Calling all Memebox fans once again, We announce the arrival of Memebox Global #15! Our Memebox Global Editions have never failed your expectations and we can guarantee your utmost satisfaction in receiving this 15th Edition, also packed with beauty goodies totally worth the wait;)
Informational Card which should explain what I got and its value.
As these products are unknown to me and perhaps even to my readers, I am posting a description of the product under my thoughts for every product. Normally, I just do a snippet or if it is a product that doesn’t really need a description, I won’t post it. But for the purposes of my Memeboxes, I will make sure I find the appropriate description, usage and ingredient list if I can find it. The descriptions will be from the webpage that is linked to the product name. Not all of these products are sold in the Memebox Shop, so I had to look for them on various sites. I really had a hard time finding these products, by the way, so don’t be thrown off by the Korean websites that are linked here!
The first two products are hair products made specifically for dry and damaged hair. I have neither problems with my hair and I am currently using a huge (and I mean HUGE ~ 120mL) bottle of Palan Crysence Organic Hair Essence, which I received in my Global #12 box. That product will last me a few years as I only need one or two pumps of it.
The Mis En Scene line is made by company Amore Pacific, which is one of my favorite companies, so if you do require the use of these hair products, try it out. Amore Pacific is a high quality company.
Mis en scene Perfect Repair Treatment Pack There are 7 types of nourishing and hydrating oils in this product: argan, camellia, marula, olive, coconut, apricot and jojoba. This is a mask for damaged hair. Full Size 180mL Value $16.00
Product Description: A 2-step hair care – shampoo and rinse – isn’t enough as the weather becomes chillier and drier. Twice a week, use this nourishing Perfect Repair Treatment Pack to deliver deep nutrition and repair and protect damaged hair ends
How To Use: After shampooing, apply the treatment pack throughout your hair and rinse off after 2-3 minutes
This mask contains argan oil, royal jelly, rose water and proteins help to restore damaged hair and give them a spectacular shine. Mask nourishes hair and restores the damaged areas of the hair and makes them shine. Ideal for color-treated hair!
- Argan oil – a source of food and moisture. Oil fills the structure of the hair and smooth scales, restoring
elasticity and vitality.
- Royal Jelly extract mother – surprising in its properties fatty acid and 10-HDA complex vitamins that nourish the hair and enhance their luster
- Rose water – restores the water-lipid balance of the skin and hair, controls sebum, preventing the rapid contamination of hair at the roots. Also has a healing and anti-bacterial effect on the scalp.
- Pearl Protein (Hydrolyzed protein oysters) – will add shine to your hair and transform damaged hair, filling them with strength and health
Mis en scene Damage Care Perfect Serum Made with royal jelly, a variety of nut oils and rose water, this leave on serum helps nourish and glosses your dry and damaged hair. Full Size 70mL Value $9.00
Product Description: This highly-concentrated Perfect Serum is to be used before and/or after blow drying to give your hair the silky, well-nourished finish. It’s enriched with 7 different natural oils – argan, camellia, olive, jojoba, coconut, apricot, and marula – and its oil-like formula quickly absorbs into the hair without making it sticky or greasy
How To Use: After towel drying, take a dime-size amount of the serum on your palm and massage it in throughout your hair. It can be used multiple times a day.
More Information: (some of it is lost in translation..)
Contains high concentration of royal jelly, nut oil, rose water , nourish and repair damaged hair, nutritional supplements for each hair, reply to the original luster hair, elastic and supple, solve hair problems, dry hair, dyed a variety of hair problems after scalding injuries, so that you easy to comb, glossy hair always shines!
- Contains high concentration of royal jelly, nut oil, rose water, for damaged hair
- Solve hair problems, dry hair, lack luster, and other issues, to create supple hair
- Faint rose scent, moisturizing and not greasy, make hair supple paste clothes
- No need to rinse, instant rapid absorption, providing nutrients for each hair
- 榮獲 Beauty Awards 2012、Cosmo Asian Beauty Awards 2012 及 Elle Girl 獎項
Ariul Stress Relieving Purefull Cleansing Foam YEAH! A product that I can use 🙂 I am really excited to try out this cleansing foam. This is the winner in the box for me. I love products that are made with citrus and this had lemon, lime, orange oils plus pine leaf oils and eucalyptus oils. I did open this up and it is a creamy cleanser that has a light citrus scent to it. Full Size 75mL Value $8.00
More Information: I do not think that our skin is prehistoric, but just a bit old ….lol
- Special micro cleansing formula: Fine cleansing effect of double bubble system to help clean up in the pore cleansing
- Effects of naturally occurring aromatic incense: Bergamot fruit oil / lemon peel oil / eucalyptus leaf oil / Europe pine leaf oil / lime oil / orange peel oil → confident refreshing natural essential oils
- Safe prescription: Sulfate-based surfactants, TEA, talc, mineral oil, artificial color, artificial flavor additives products available.
- Perfect cleansing effect of double bubble system: Cleansing helps to clean up the fine pores in a rich and smooth double bubble.
- Pure Botanical Extracts pool complex + + Aromatherapy Oil, with the effect of the Pure Skin Purifying and Clarifying pool complex haebarigi’s given to help calm the skin moisturizing vitamin berries, blue chamomile is moist and comfortable, even after washing, without pulling the prehistoric-looking finish.
- Help to regain freshness and vitality is refreshing aromatherapy effects of six essential oils such as bergamot, lime, eucalyptus.
- Confirmed by clinical improvement in cleanliness pores + remove fine dust effect: 20 people applied to target human test results, and fully respond to environmental changes by 75% to remove fine dust effect satisfaction.
Ingredients: Glycerin, acid pre-Stick, Water, Butylene Glycol, Potassium cocoyl glycidyl carbonate, potassium hydroxide, stearic acid, cocamidopropyl betaine, Rick Lau acid, sodium methyl cocoyl Tau rate, blood’s -40 stearate, glyceryl stearate, stearate -100’s blood, the living tree fruit extract, chamomile flower / leaf extract, rosemary extract, pine extract, bear, sanseberiah leaf Extract, Bergamot fruit oil, lemon peel oil, eucalyptus leaf oil, sunflower seed oil, Europe pine leaf oil, lime oil, orange peel oil, tocopheryl acetate, sodium tree this itty, mineral water, oxygen, phenoxyethanol
In Korean: 글리세린, 미리스틱애씨드, 정제수, 부틸렌글라이콜, 포타슘코코일글리시네이트, 포타슘하이드록사이드, 스테아릭애씨드, 코카미도프로필베타인, 라우릭애씨드, 소듐메칠코코일타우레이트, 피이지-40스테아레이트, 글리세릴스테아레이트, 피이지-100스테아레이트, 산자나무열매추출물, 캐모마일꽃/잎추출물, 로즈마리추출물, 곰솔잎추출물, 산세베리아잎추출물, 베르가모트열매오일, 레몬껍질오일, 유칼립투스잎오일, 해바라기씨오일, 구주소나무잎오일, 라임오일,오렌지껍질오일, 토코페릴아세테이트, 트리소듐이티에이, 미네랄워터, 산소, 페녹시에탄올
In Korean-English letters: geulliselin, miliseutig-aessideu, jeongjesu, butillengeullaikol, potasyumkokoilgeullisineiteu, potasyumhaideulogsaideu, seutealig-aessideu, kokamidopeulopilbetain, laulig-aessideu, sodyummechilkokoiltauleiteu, piiji-40seutealeiteu, geulliselilseutealeiteu, piiji-100seutealeiteu, sanjanamuyeolmaechuchulmul, kaemomailkkoch/ipchuchulmul, lojeumalichuchulmul, gomsol-ipchuchulmul, sansebeliaipchuchulmul, beleugamoteuyeolmaeoil, lemonkkeobjil-oil, yukallibtuseu-ip-oil, haebalagissioil, gujusonamu-ip-oil, laim-oil,olenjikkeobjil-oil, tokopelil-aseteiteu, teulisodyum-itiei, minelal-woteo, sanso, penogsietan-ol
Tonymoly BCDation All Master I was not a fan Tonymoly BCDation BB cream and I am not sure I am going to be a fan of this one. This is a different variation, where it is a primer as well as a BB & CC cream and is supposed to firm/tone, provide coverage, brighten, pump, hydrate and lift – whew! There is only one shade of this right now and I guess its claims that it is a universal color is based on the Korean market only. Deluxe Size 20gram Value $9.60
Based on youtuber MakeupbyDamee, I feel this is too light for me and based on my previous experience with Tonymoly BCDation BB cream, it is too rich for me. However, MakeupbyDamee gave this foundation a major rave and thumbs up, so if you did get this or are interested in this product, you should watch her video on it.
Based on Tonymoly’s own information, this version of BCDation is better than their old version!
- Wrinkle care + whitening + UV protection multi functional cosmetic.
- All in one base(BB cream + CC cream + Foundation) giving light hybrid powder application.
- Cover pores and skin blemish for vital glowing skin tone.
- Contains elasticity, moisture and nutrition capsule quickly for healthy and volume and elastic skin. Natural color for all skin tone.
- Long lasting moisturizing effect for 47 hours. 8 non additive formula: paraben, ethanol, talc, mineral oil, benzophenone, surfactant, triethanolamine, tar color.
miss.age Snail Anti Wrinkle Serum I love it when I read the westernized version of the description ~ just snail extracts or mucin ~ yet, when I read an Asian version, they don’t fool around ~ it is snail SLIME extracts!! Full Size 50 mL Value $53.00
Product Description: Enriched with over 5500mg of snail extracts, this anti-wrinkle serum helps nourish the skin from deep within, delivering nutrition and tightening care at the same time. This serum will be ideal for dry, saggy skins.
How To Use: Apply the serum over your forehead, cheeks, and chin and gently spread it over your face. Use it every morning and night.
- Anti-Wrinkle functional
- Contains 5500mg of snail slime extracts
- Elastic and resilient skin
- Lustrous and refreshing skin
- Supply moisture and nutrition to damaged skin
- Special natural complex within snail slime extracts, ‘Mucin’ – Skin protection, Firming, moisture supply, nutrition supply, relieve skin stress, smoothing.
HAHA I just read the caption on the miss.age Snail Serum box….”feel your glory days”….Ahh, there is a song for that!
Tosowoong Makeon Lip Manicure Randomly selected from 01 Cynical Plum, 02 Rouge Coral, 03 Pure Peach, 04 Sweet Raspberry, 05 Real Red. I received color 03 Pure Peach, which was the one I was hoping for. The swatch makes it look really coral-y but it is a soft peach when applied lightly to the lips. This is supposed to be smudge proof and long lasting, drying down to a matte finish in 30 seconds. I don’t know about smudge proof yet, but it does dry down to a matte finish ~ however, unlike most matte lip products I have used, this doesn’t settle into the lines of my lips. It doesn’t have any real scent or taste from what I can tell and I do like the ingredients in this product ~ avocado oil, rose hip seed oil, macadamia oil and apricot seed oil. Side Note: The graphics on the box reminds me of The Rocky Horror Picture Show 🙂 Full size 5.5 Value $12.00
Product Description: This product has avocado oil, macadamia seed oil, rose hip seed oil extract and apricot seed oil, which are to help keep your lips hydrated and healthy. A richly pigmented and silky smooth lip color that delivers long-lasting color stay and hydration for lips minus the flaking or dryness. Its long-lasting and waterproof formula doesn’t smudge no matter what, and the formula dries as quickly as 30 seconds so that you can be ready in a split second!
How To Use: Sport various looks with this lip manicure! For a gradation look, dab the lip manicure on the center of lips and pat outwards with fingertips for a gradually fading look. For au natural look, dab both the top and bottom lip with the applicator tip and tap with fingertips. For a glossy look, apply the lip manicure on lips and add a top coat.
image from http://www.tosowoong.com/
Shara Shara I Wanna Pencil Gel Liner Randomly selected from BK01 Deep Black, BR01 Dark Brown. I received color BR01 Dark Brown, which I was hoping I would get. The color is a deep chocolate brown. This is a twist up eyeliner and has a built in sharpener at the end of the pencil. This is also a matte finish liner, which is different from the liners I have received in the past from Memebox ~ they were more of a glitter finish. I want to say that Korean gel eyeliners have been consistently smudge proof and once these set, it does not come off until you use an eye makeup remover! Full Size Value $8.00
I wasn’t wow’d by Global #15. It isn’t that it is not a good box, it is just that most of the products I cannot use. Too many hair products for a certain hair type ~ they should have only had one of the Mis en scene items, randomly selected between the two. Perhaps another hair product that was designed for oily hair would have made this box more appealing to me. The serum is okay ~ unlike my fellow K-beauty addicts, I can take or leave snail products and do not get overly excited to see them in my box. I will use them, but I love the bee and synake venom products MUCH better. The Tonymoly ~ meh. Not going to use ~ I don’t like BB creams that much. The big winner was the cleansing foam and the lip manicure, because I did get the color I wanted. So, 3 out of 7 products that I really like and will use; which means price wise, I lost out a bit.
I paid $23.00 + $6.99 in shipping, for a total of $29.99 ~ I am sure I had Memepoints and this box was much less ~ and received a MemeValue ** of $115.60 ** What is MemeValue? It is my term to describe the value that Memebox puts on the products, which can be very over inflated. You can usually find these products at a lesser cost, so I do suggest researching first if you wish to purchase them.
Did you get the Memebox Global #15? What did you think of it and what is your favorite product? Please comment below and let me know!
Promos for October
I would love it if you used my links!! Just using my coupons does not give me any credit as an affiliate 🙂
- MEMEBUNDLE3: Get $5 off on orders when you buy 3 or more Memeboxes
- MEMEBUNDLE4: Get $8 off on orders when you buy 4 or more Memeboxes
- FREESHIPPING: Get free shipping on purchases over $70 on only Memeshop items
- AFFILIATE-2841-R8H5H-KEQP $5.00 discount on orders above $100.00
- AFFILIATE-1654-71SPA-YBUU $10.00 discount on orders above $150.00
The last two codes you do not need to enter if you use my links to purchase products. They will be automatically apply to your order!
[disclaimer: this blog contains affiliate links. These boxes were paid for with my own money ]
[ promo images from us.memebox.com and websites linked in product name. Description in italics from the linked websites in the product name ]