I love sugar lib scrubs. I have purchased many of them over the years and now I decided to make my own. I use a lot of it, and I like to try out different flavors, so it makes sense economically. I also love how easy it is to make.
What you will need:
- Coconut Oil
- Flavored extract of your choice: almond, vanilla, mint, orange, etc.
- A small container. I save my small 1 oz jars for this purpose.
Step 1: Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to your jar
Step 2: Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of coconut oil to the sugar
Step 3: Add 1/4 teaspoon flavored extract
Step 4: Mix well. You might need to add a little bit more oil or sugar to get the consistency that you want. Store in a cool place.
I am using extracts and not essential oils for in this scrub. Most DIY Sugar lip scrubs use the essential oils which is great for the scent – but not for flavor. Since this is going on my lips, I want to taste the flavor.
I am not adding honey, but if you wanted to add honey, you can replace a bit of the coconut oil with honey.
Coconut Oil properties:
- strengthens underlying tissue
- removes excessive dead skin cells
- antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal
- contains antioxidants that help skin cell regeneration
- beneficial moisturizer
Sugar Cane properties:
- abrasive enough to help remove dead skin cells and other impurities
- aids the coconut oil to moisturize and renew
Do you make your own sugar lip scrub? What type of recipe do you use? What flavorings do you add?